Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No The_Harvan illidan consumed skull of guldan and become a demonic elf and gottet Orb of Kil'jaeden.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

i added some more wowwiki quotes to my first post that pretty much confirm the shapeshifting abilities. so it's as simple as he felt he wanted wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    thought i replied to something similar to this already...

Kil'jaeden showed himself to the orcs in a different form, proving he can shapeshift. clearly at the moment of the sunwell, he decided he could use some wings. so he had wings.

"Going straight to the Horde's most respected leader, and using the guise of the orcs' sacred ancestors, Kil'jaeden tricked the elder shaman, Ner'zhul, into thinking that the draenei were plotting against the orcs, and subtly introduced warlock magic and bloodlust to the clans." -Wowwiki

"Kil'jaeden the Deceiver has a highly adaptable physical presence and frequently shifts among several forms. He usually tries to assume whatever shape the people around him will trust the most or be the most awestruck by." -more wowwiki

oh and what exdeath202 said, just becoming a demon can give you different characteristics. Illidan was a night elf and night elves don't have wings or hooves.
    Or horns. Wait... Didnt Malfurion have horns too? They must have lived near some radio-active waste dump or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Horns, hooves, wings. What is this, Diablo?
    i dont think diablo had wings at least not in the second one
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden was a freakin demon when he didnt have wings, so stop repeating yourselfs! -.-

---------- Post added 2010-06-26 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    The Dreadlords had wings, and only because he has wings it does not mean he can fly or yomething like that, and you can´t compare it to the lich king helmet, because these are only some unimportant wings, and not a soul captured in a helm
    his soul was imprisoned in the Frozen Throne, in the armor , not only the helmet, you prolly seen LK taking off the helm too?..
    the only thing that was important with the helm was that his spirit transfered inside of Arthas. "Now we are one" not one with the helmet..
    Last edited by Razstah; 2010-06-26 at 04:04 PM.

Like why someone that powerful as Kil'jaeden couldnt just make himself some wings...nothing hard i d say... I am just little warlock and I can burn anyone in flames, drain his soul and summon people from his soul shard , hes freaking uberdemon :P
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

Well, it's quite simple: Because you touch yourself at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgandor View Post
    Well, it's quite simple: Because you touch yourself at night.
    Lol'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafio View Post
    Like why someone that powerful as Kil'jaeden couldnt just make himself some wings...nothing hard i d say... I am just little warlock and I can burn anyone in flames, drain his soul and summon people from his soul shard , hes freaking uberdemon :P
    he ain't a titan who helped to make the universe? or planting seeds to create races? or what they did. maybe its a gift from sargeras for failing in sunwell?........

I think a Negridoom picture would sort this out.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    I wanted to do a classic Chuck Norris prank in here but decided not to do it since... well, couldn't come up with one :<

He looks awesome with wings, doesn't he?
    No one is yet to create a classic Chuck Norris joke. You've been wise to not try and bring that crap here.

Isn't this one of those details you really shouldn't care about? It will always result in people coughing up 20 pages of lore and end with the conclusion "...and that's why it probably is". While in reality Blizzard was only thinking "yeah, that would look cool" when they implemented it.

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    Thats what i said, becoming a demon changes your appearance, but features are always the same, hooves, wings, spikes, horns, skin color, they arent completely random. And in the warcraft universe, more powerfull beings are bigger in size, thats why Arthas, Jaina and Archimonde are so huge (Archimonde was much bigger because he was very powerful and if i recall correctly blood elves were bigger when they had the sunwell), for example there are pit lords (these also get wings and there is speculation of a common origin or being demonized magnataurs).
    The models in wow are made bigger for game mechanics. It would be hard to see arthas if he was the same size as the other humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Horns, hooves, wings. What is this, Diablo?
    no THIS...IS....WARCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!! (bad joke is bad)

---------- Post added 2010-06-26 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffaa View Post
    The models in wow are made bigger for game mechanics. It would be hard to see arthas if he was the same size as the other humans.
    also size subconsciously implies power, so if the Lich King was a 2 foot tall gnome no one would take my srsly and just punt him, but a 12 foot tall king...thats more badass
    Prot for life!

Definitely not so he can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Angels have bird wings, demons have bat wings (not to confuse with Batwings :>), Kiljaeden is at least partly demon, therefore he has to have wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he drank red bull, deciding this isnt awesome enough for him, he combined Monster, Relentless, Red bull, some horse sperm and the toe nail clippings of david beckham to give it a bit more kick, the results caused him to mutate and fuse with david beckhams DNA to create a super football player who's also good at quidditch.

OT, ive posted the same thing before, or something similar, i just put it down to the fact that he was turned into an man'ari eredar by sargeras and was his bitch, he cant have servents who look like an alien squid, anwyay, im sure if i had the power, id give my girl wings aswell.

Edit : if i had a girl that is =P

In Warcraft II, Kil'jaeden was shown as a horned, winged daemon, while in Warcraft III he was shown as a red-skinned eredar. In his appearance in World of Warcraft he appears to combine elements of the two, sticking daemon wings on an eredar body, thus making him the only winged eredar in Warcraft lore (thus the difference of appearance between Warcraft II and Warcraft III is not a retcon).
    Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Kil%27jaeden

Also, few fun facts about him. He is the creator of The Lich King (who was originally Ner'zhul). Why not make wings?
    Oh and just cuz he has wings doesn't mean he can fly, there are many birds on earth that are that way. The Dodo (now extinct) was just one of them.

More info: Archimonde (who was second only to Kil'jaeden) destroyed the original well of eternity. "Wtf is that?" you might ask...well....couple things, you know that huge maelstrom and ocen in the middle of the map. All of that....used to be Kalimdor. The Well of Eternity was the single most powerful and plentiful source of arcane magic on Azeroth. He was banished for ten thousand years, came back and Destroyed Dalaran completely, and made his way to Mount Hyjal. As we all know the outcome from TBC.

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Archimonde

It's been announced apparantly that The War of the Ancients will be an instance in CoT in Cata. I'm looking forward to that, lots of HUGE players there.

Source for the above statement: http://www.wowwiki.com/War_of_the_Ancients (Right above the references)

Destruction of Dalaran: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3BxvHhz4XQ (love this vid btw)

So if Archimonde, who was the Left hand of Sageras could do this.....Why can't Kil'jaeden the RIGHT hand of Archimonde, have wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    No The_Harvan illidan consumed skull of guldan and become a demonic elf and gottet Orb of Kil'jaeden.
    And was infused with demonic power, and demonic power is what KJ has plenty of.
    Metzen wrote both Thrall AND Garrosh... how do you feel now fanbois?