Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I dont get cata-worgens

So...Arugal, using a curse, turned some humans into another species...and then...the worgen curse turned into some sort of... transmittable disease...and the guys behind the impregnable gate know as the Greymane Wall, caught it...but no one else did?

It's like herpes.But worse.

The worgen are tied in with the whole scythe of elune. Trust me just wait for the starting area..everything is explained there.

Deleted
    You can start by calling them Worgen, minus the 'S'. Outlands, worgens.. GAAAAAAHHHHH!

urgh I feel the same way. Let me take a crack at it...

Velinda starsong gets a scythe of elune from elune, uses it to summon worgen to fight off the burning legion, but they get all out of control and go nuts and probably kill her or something. the scythe is lost, and somehow turns up in northrend where the worgen there have it now.

arugal uses magic to summon worgen based on some old dalaran books he found, figured he could do the same as velinda except he was using the worgen to fight off the scourge. he twists the magic to make some half human half worgen guys. fights off the scourge, and the worgen (predictably) go crazy and try and kill everyone. arugal retreats into his tower and generally tries to contain his royal screwup.

i have no idea about the worgen curse, that'll probably be badly retconned. let's just say that worgen have the ability to curse humans so they ALSO turn into worgen. people find a way to cure it so the effects of the curse are under your control, you can turn into a human/worgen at will. night elves will probably help here somewhere.

uhhhm that sort of makes sense.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2010-06-26 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    urgh I feel the same way. Let me take a crack at it...

Velinda starsong gets a scythe of elune from elune, uses it to summon worgen to fight off the burning legion, but they get all out of control and go nuts and probably kill her or something. the scythe is lost, and somehow turns up in northrend where the worgen there have it now.

arugal uses magic to summon worgen based on some old dalaran books he found, figured he could do the same as velinda except he was using the worgen to fight off the scourge. he twists the magic to make some half human half worgen guys. fights off the scourge, and the worgen (predictably) go crazy and try and kill everyone. arugal retreats into his tower and generally tries to contain his royal screwup.

i have no idea about the worgen curse, that'll probably be badly retconned. let's just say that worgen have the ability to curse humans so they ALSO turn into worgen.

uhhhm that sort of makes sense.
    That horribly conflicts with the established fact that the worgenS love to rip things to pieces, especially lowbies wandering the forests of silverpine.

There were druids that wanted to mimic Lo'Gosh and or the Worgen summoned by Velinda so they shifted into Worgen. But something went wrong, either because the worgen are not native to this planet, or because they are night elves and as such clearly terrible magic people at heart. So they got stuck in that form and were locked under a tree. In the worgen starting area you find the tree and some sort of tree magic makes you in control of your worgen body, somehow. Maybe thats also why they are not contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar View Post
    That horribly conflicts with the established fact that the worgenS love to rip things to pieces, especially lowbies wandering the forests of silverpine.
    They aren't so bad, look.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

It's like transmittable cancer. Only like, curse-ish.

It's like when Anthony Hopkins and his son both transform and they're all like RAWR IMA KILL you and then he gets thrown into the fire and the Del Toro dude whacks his head off... it's kinda like that.

Other people got it, bro.
    Meanwhile, in Finland...

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    You really have an image for -everything-, don't you..?

OT:
    It's pretty much all in here. Does have some spoilers on the Worgen starting zone, you've been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    There were druids that wanted to mimic Lo'Gosh and or the Worgen summoned by Velinda so they shifted into Worgen. But something went wrong, either because the worgen are not native to this planet, or because they are night elves and as such clearly terrible magic people at heart. So they got stuck in that form and were locked under a tree. In the worgen starting area you find the tree and some sort of tree magic makes you in control of your worgen body, somehow. Maybe thats also why they are not contagious.

Actually someone in the gilneas developed a half antidote to allow you to keep your human insanity when you get turned into a worgen at level 6? From the bliz con preview.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is still alot of lore to be explained, so just wait and we will have our answer.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    There is still alot of lore to be explained, so just wait and we will have our answer.
    Lore best when found out by your self :3

Quote Originally Posted by Nirash View Post
    The comic has been going for a while now, so there are a lot of images to choose from

Velinda summons Worgen to aide her. Something goes wrong. Scythe is lost.

Arugal ends up with the Scythe which enables him to create the Worgen in Silverpine. Argual is killed. Then ressurected. If anyone would know where the Scythe is, it would be him.

So that is how it ends up in Northrend.

So... the Scythe of Elune is the reason for the Worgen in Gilneas... which means the Night Elves are the reason for them. This is why the Night Elves go to their aid and why their join the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow the spoiler from alpha/demos whatever very closely, so I dunno how much the lore may have been changed.

As it is right now there are two main kinds of "Worgen." There is the savage race of bestial creatures known as "Worgen" who exist in another realm and spend their time in that realm fighting off some evil force....and there's the "Worgen" which are humans affected by Arugal's curse, as seen in Grizzly Hills and Silverpine Forest.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Read the wiki, please, for all of our sanity....

In essence there are multiple versions of Worgen here on Azeroth, most come from their homeworld, summoned here by various factions. It's assumed that the worgen that get summoned have close ties to the mindset and intentions of the summoner. so a good guy summons, you get (sorta) good worgen (by comparison to the next) and vice versa. There is a third type of worgen that are warped human-worgen hybrids that are a result of experiments by Archmage Arugal (final boss of Shadwofang Keep) that cursed those humans into being worgen by the light of the moon.

Nothing I know of says that the worgen curse is spread by a bite, but their saliva is toxic to creatures of Azeroth. [EDIT] Normal worgen that is, who are not "cursed" to be worgen, they just are.... worgen. The humans cursed to be worgen by night could be another matter, though I know of no lore that points to a bite being the reason the curse spreads.

And yes, no one but those humans behind the, by your words, "impregnable gate known as the Greymane Wall" because it was..... impregnable. There was nowhere else the curse could go while the gates were closed.

I certainly hope you were a troll, and are having a laugh at so many honest replies trying to explain this to you. Cause you answered your own question in your question.

Impregnable.
    Last edited by Myte342; 2010-06-26 at 08:47 PM.

Everything can be explained by MAGIC!
    A-Booga-booga-booga! *flails arms*