Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    Flying Mounts, keep the 1.5 seconds cast time, but very quickly show your Drake, Gryphon, Wind Rider, whatever you have, arrive near you purely cosmetic and maybe add a brief character animation after you are mounted up, of you actually mounting up and not just instantly BEING on the mount. Same with ground mounts, horses is a great example, I'd like to see a quick leg-throw over or maybe a more unique dismount when I click off a mount or flying mount to actually watch it fly or fade away into the distance, even if that fly-off animation is only 1.5 seconds long. It would be pretty cool, something easy, harmless, purely cosmetic, meaning it wouldn't disrupt the character's mobility at all from mounting or dismounting any more than it did before.

You already kinda see this in Occulus, your mount flies away, something like that, only it's never targetable because it's still your mount, just with extra animation of it riding or flying away.

Could possibly only be visible to the owner, or be able to be turned off. But it's something small that would add to the realism of having 50 Drakes in your pocket.

btw I'm only posting here because I'm banned from the WoW forums, that boner Vrak.
    If your banned from the wow forums why the hell should we even read this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    As pointed out it will become boring very quickly if they did add an animation to it. Though I would like them to add an animation to it anyway. However only if they add an option to disable the animation. That would solve your issue ;P
    lol you forgot to read some of my other posts, exactly what I said. I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty bored of what we have now.

---------- Post added 2010-06-26 at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    If your banned from the wow forums why the hell should we even read this crap?
    Why not? It's an idea. Troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster View Post
    Might be a nice touch of class in the beginning but it would end up being boring as hell, like the lore in the Deathbringer fight.
    That's easy to fix, remove the 1,5 second cast time, and make the animation take 1,5 seconds :P, there you go.

I like the idea, alot.
    Last edited by Vorz; 2010-06-26 at 06:10 PM.

to the guy who suggested getting rid of flying mounts: as soon as you pay the 4250+ gold to everybody who payed for one, I'll use only taxis.
    Ot: I like your idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    You know why I'm rerolling Goblin? Because they're nasty, sinister, and willing to do ANYTHING for whatever they believe in. For most Goblins, that's money, and for the bildgewater goblins, that's the Horde. This includes everything up to and including blowing themselves to hell for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those saying that the mounts appearing out of nowhere is weird, here is an idea. Every game that is set in a 3d world, has an invisible camera. The gamers point of view.
    It shouldn't be to hard to program that the mount spawns only outside of that PoV cone.

But then it should always be at the same range of the maximum zoom of the camera. I don't know if the cam can register LoS though, then the spawn point of the mount could be behind a tree or wall for example. I like the idea though.

As for the paladin mounts being a spell, see it as a fancy way of calling your trusty charger/dreadsteed.
    Last edited by Soyuz; 2010-06-27 at 05:54 PM. Reason: A random 'A' in my post? Absurd!
    For the Emperor.

I wonder how would my Mechano-Hog arrive with no rider on :P I guess it would just spawn and fell down and i d have to go to pick him up... no thanks :P

same with Turbo-Charged Fly Machinez
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wort View Post
    I like the idea but imagine AV when everyone mounts up when they get out of the base...there would suddenly appear 325645323 mounts out of nowhere..

Phase it for each individual character. As "real" as it would be at times to see someone dismiss a flying mount around you, and be like "Oh, look, there goes that guy's dragon," it wouldn't be realistic in a BG like AV where you're like "Oh ... look ..... here comes 40 mounts ... I think I'll just wait a few minutes before the lag dies down." It would be soooooooooooooooooo laggy if you could see everyone else mounting/dismounting because it happens ALL the time. If they could phase it somehow, so that each player sees their own and ONLY their own mount animations, that we'd all be playing, would see something cool for ourselves, but wouldn't have to worry about 141491249 other people summoning or dismissing their mounts. Maybe even not phasing, just have it in your display options as a check box to "Show other players' mount/dismount animation," something like that. So if it's a problem, you turn it off but still see yours, otherwise if you like the annoyance, turn it on and voila!

This just makes me think of realism like ... going to get your mount but instead of summoning it you have to walk aaallll the way to the stable and get it yourself. Hahaha.

It makes sense for those who RP in a lot of the same places where there may or may not be very many people around. But for those who are constantly on the move and surrounding themselves in things like BGs or whatever, and as much as we're talking about that animation being confined to the 1.5 second cast speed, I think it'd still be weird.

Cool for a while, probably, but it would become a nuisance very quickly.
    Last edited by Sarvas; 2010-06-26 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuceboks View Post
    This just makes me think of realism like ... going to get your mount but instead of summoning it you have to walk aaallll the way to the stable and get it yourself. Hahaha.
    This is not where I parked my Chopper!
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mafio View Post
    I wonder how would my Mechano-Hog arrive with no rider on :P I guess it would just spawn and fell down and i d have to go to pick him up... no thanks :P

same with Turbo-Charged Fly Machinez
    How about this?
    The player puts down a suitcase (or a box or something). Pushes a button and the box starts to evolve into a "Turbo-Charged Fly Machinez" or "Mechano-Hog" remember :P you're a engineer for fucks sake :P

As for the OP's Idea overall. I think this would be awesome :P because as it looks like now the mounts are nothing more than a speed increase.. And thats just plain booring.

Great idea on paper... Blizzard thought so too...then came occulus.

Also, players would QQ that since mounts can run up to them so friggin' fast why can't they run just as fast while carrying the player which would spark the debate of character weight and it'd just be a downward spiral.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Would be cool, but not as easy as you might think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by mafio View Post
    This is not where I parked my Chopper!
    LOL exactly.

"Alright so I've got to pick up my Drake in ... Brunnhildar Village. Fly back to Dalaran. I'll leave her there, and go pick up my Chopper from the shop ... then I'll .. aw shit, I left my Chopper in Ironforge ... guess I'll have to walk ..."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather Blizzard spend the time it'd make to do this on an instance, or making models, or fixing bugs.

I like the idea. I always feel weird pulling a dragon out of my pocket.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I like this idea, just a little extra that makes it a little better.
    I don't like havin' a Zhevra in mah pocket, they smell.

Someone said something about a Whistle blow, that would be perfect, just a whistle blowing animation along with your Drake fading in toward you for that brief 1.5 seconds. I never had thought about what the character would be doing for that 1.5 second cast.

Something a lot better than rubbing my two hands together...

fun thing is that this sort of mechanic is already in-game... argent tournament dailies anyone? when you dismount, you jump off the mount and then it runs away and fades.

Quote Originally Posted by Drektaur View Post
    fun thing is that this sort of mechanic is already in-game... argent tournament dailies anyone? when you dismount, you jump off the mount and then it runs away and fades.
    I mean for regular mounts. The ones that aren't separate NPC's.

you could even have the 1.5 seconds cast time be the character getting on to the mount, and they just appear when you cast it
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Smile

An awesome idea. There are some drawbacks though. And if there were more animations it would take a way this games sence of full controll. In games like aion, where they made skill animations look amazing.. the animations were a setback because you would cast a spell and you would have to wait for the animation to be over regardless of casting speed/ atk speed.. more animations would make the game feel more cinmatic but it would take away the "full control" wow has.

I would love the mount animation to be like link whistling, like in the legend of zelda games