Solo'ing Molten Core

A few questions for those of you who have done/attempted a solo MC run.

Can a geared Healadin do it?

If not...

What kind of gear is required (Prot) to solo it. Average iLvL wise.
    Could I do it in straight Prot Greens from the AH? Would I need full T9?

Also...

Any special gear/potions/items I'll be needing?

Thanks!
    Last edited by AQrunnr; 2010-06-26 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Typo.
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

Any spec pally can do it tbh (Just needa be prot for golemagg)
    The problem you run into though is it being drawn out as holy or prot.

Also you should get t9 or around there i would assume not to sure but it's really easy for me as a ret with t10. So i would say as prot like gear equal to t8 or so

No special gear needed

i solold rag as holy down to 10% when only other person dced at fight start

Lightshield is right. Any spec can be used, though some are more useful than others. i use prot for most encounters. Ret takes more damage than prot but its healing is better, so for example ragnaros is easier as ret because a ret can deal with the magic and fall damage a lot easier.

The needed gear is quite easy to get. If you really wanna go for old content, its worth getting some fine emblem items. You can fill the gaps with gear from the ICC-5mans and/or secondneed rolls in raids.

The biggest disadvantage of holy is its bad damage output, so prot is probably faster, plus, blocking and avoidance makes you ignore a whole lot of annoying enemy abilities, like stuns etc.

Best tipp is still: try it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

You probably could do it in ah gear. Many did it back in naxx gear.

But to make it the least work, spec prot but get some dps gear. Things like trinkets, rings, neck. And a dps 1hander. Gem str, not stam. Get dps enchants. Remember you need a lt less def to be def capped, and a lot less hit rating to be capped.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few fights that will take awhile; Sulfuron Harbinger will take forever, because you won't be able to burst down his adds before they heal as holy or prot. So you'll need to wait for them to go OOM.

Ragnaros himself is harder, because of his knockback. So position yourself to fall into lava (takes practice) or you will take high fall damage that will add up to a lot.
    Also, melee attacking him damages your weapon, so bring a spare.

I usually 2 man the place, just to make those parts less annoying. But I have soloed it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightshield View Post
    Just needa be prot for golemagg
    No you don't. I've done him once as prot and hated how long it took. Since then I have always killed him as ret. You just have to use your cd's and Art of War intelligently.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    No you don't. I've done him once as prot and hated how long it took. Since then I have always killed him as ret. You just have to use your cd's and Art of War intelligently.
    Same. Bryntroll helps a TON inthere. All those heal procs are never overhealing.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

The only issue I can remamber difficlty wise while soloing MC was Gehennas, that I did needed some Shadwo resistnce gear for (tough as a paladin you will need much less/wont need as you can bring your aura).

Most bosses are really easy, the once you should pay closer attantions are Baron, just kite him to the tunnel to minimize the fall damage, and move from his inferno as it hit hard :P. On golemagg just change to one of his dogs when you want to reset your debuff, on herbringer try to do as much as AoE damage as you can to make them heal more and thus run oom faster. Raggy is kinda an endurance fight, that you just need to survive till he is dead, and to have a CD ready to the awhoo shit moments.

Anyway, good luck, its really easy and you shouldnt have any issues in there.

Deleted
    i soloed all but Baron Geddon as prot.
    the fall dmg from living bomb was to much
    for seal and judgement so i went holydin there.

quite easy

i soloed this as prot but got a freind to help kill the bloody preists as they were annoying and i couldnt kill them in time before they healed and i would rather get 1 extra in to kill the adds to speed it up but the rest is easily solable as long as you know what abilities each of the bosses have that still is a pain in the ass you have to watch out for.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

So right after I made my first post, I went and cleared MC. I screwed up on Gehennas and got the debuff on the very first cast (it applied right through Shadow Resist Aura and Aura Mastery). One death, but its really RNG. This happens occasionally, but no big deal. Cleared the rest of the instance easily including Ragnaros and.......

He dropped it!! [Eye of Sulfuras]!!!!!

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Drarion, there is a niche in the tunnel right before the Baron's room that you can stand in that will eliminate falling damage completely.

Prentice, get yourself some [Restorative Potion]s. Using one pre-combat and during combat makes the curse a bit more manageable!

Have fun in Molten Core, Paladins!

10+ Year Old Account
    At golemagg, just target one of his dogs until the Molten Armor debuff or whatever runs out, then the damage is piss again. Soloable in any spec.
    Hi

I'd say get some T9 protection gear from running some dungeons, that would most likely give you the easiest time to clear Molten Core if you don't have stron Retribution gear, like T10.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    So right after I made my first post, I went and cleared MC. I screwed up on Gehennas and got the debuff on the very first cast (it applied right through Shadow Resist Aura and Aura Mastery). One death, but its really RNG. This happens occasionally, but no big deal. Cleared the rest of the instance easily including Ragnaros and.......

He dropped it!! [Eye of Sulfuras]!!!!!
    Gz on the eye