Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by fendrix View Post
    What happen to playing for fun, or for a challenge? :/
    Great question. It's all about loot and sticking your gigantic penis in people's faces when they ask how awesome you are these days... Sure, I try my damnedest to be the best I can be and to compete at least on a realm-wide basis, but I still enjoy the challenge most of all. If I get an awesome title or mount out of it a few months before anyone else, that's just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    This tbh. The only way i can think of that cant be faked is a live stream of the raid.

Not really even that, all you have to do is blacklist the buff on your buffbars and then it shows up like you don't have it, especially if you don't show your values on your screen for your HP (so that someone can't do the math to find that you have 25% more hp/etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronism View Post
    1. Kill Lich King 25 HM with buff
    2. Have someone run downstairs and disable the buff
    3. Take screenshot standing around corpse
    4. Post it to MMO-Champion and claim world first
    5. ???
    6. Profit!
    most guilds fraps

It'll happen the week they give an achievement for it.

They do it for the GLORY not the advantages. Thats what world firsts are all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Unchainedboar View Post
    paragon did it at 5% which is basically 0% with the gear they had
    This

Ahh yes, the number of excuses grow. I love it when "hardcore" players claim that there is no reason to do it without the buff. Do they play all their games on the easiest setting or go for the hardest setting to prove they can do it? What does beating any game on its hardest setting really get you other then bragging rights among your own group of friends? The world in general doesn't care about world firsts, it isn't going to get you that dream job or get you into a relationship, so what is it worth. Its about the same thing as everything else game related, personal achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Why should they?
    The challenge maybe?

Not everybody only does stuff to flash their E-Peen off to others.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theyv completed it with 5%-10% and with the amount of gear they have now they can do it with 0% and be like 5-10% buff
    But why waste betwen 5-10 min of your life for that I cant understand

Also : I belive your trolling or just being retarded

Quote Originally Posted by fendrix View Post
    What happen to playing for fun, or for a challenge? :/
    Fun? Do you have any idea how many times Light of Dawn guilds have run ICC and killed LK? I can tell you there's no fun left it that hell hole no matter what you do.

---------- Post added 2010-06-27 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog74 View Post
    The challenge maybe?
    Challenge alone is pointless.

Not everybody only does stuff to flash their E-Peen off to others.
    If it was about epeen then guilds would've already done a buffless kill, but since nobody cares about epeen they don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Paragon killed him with the 5% buff. They could easily farm him WITH the buff and use the weapons that he drops that they otherwise would not have, to more than make up for the buff.

A buffless kill would mean nothing because it would be using gear that was obtained with the buff. And if someone did a buffless kill without any heroic LK loot then it still wouldn't matter for all of the previous reasons listed in this thread. So it's double pointless.
    I think youre kinda overstating the difference between 277->284.