Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, I lost interest in tanking shortly after hitting 80 in WOTLK.
    Having tanked through zero-aoe in TBC and Vanilla, the WOTLK playstyle "AoE everything" kind of ruined it for me. Talking heroics here. AoE tanking was too easy, and mobs did too low damage so no need to CC anything. Naxxramas wasn't any better, and I kind of put my warrior on the shelf after that, except for getting welfare T9. Enough mindless ranting that no one will pay attention to, and its also off topic. /slap-on-wrist

ON TOPIC:
    I'd still recommend warrior to anyone who's willing to try tanking. It is as said, the most respected tanking class.
    You have very nice mobility, stuns, interrupts (via stuns and shield bash, heroic throw), spell reflect. Not too much cooldowns, a fairly straight forward "rotation/priority queue" with some high nice crits so you can keep it interesting in this expansion.
    Last edited by Supertramp; 2010-06-27 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Lost words found.

RONG WHIT DOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Aendos.Silvermoon View Post
    Hi Warriors,

I am considering rolling a Warrior (Protection Spec)

Is Warrior a good class to learn how to tank with? (Please give insight on other classes as tanks if any of you have played them)

Warriors are the most boring tanking class to play. Not too mention they don't have all the extra's that the pally's have or the dps of the dk. Go either dk or pally hands down!

HI my friend. I have been playing a warrior since vanilla wow. Imo warriors are the hardest class to master for pvp n for pve. Tanking will take some time to get used too but once u do it is amazingly fun so go for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedagain1 View Post
    Warriors are the most boring tanking class to play. Not too mention they don't have all the extra's that the pally's have or the dps of the dk. Go either dk or pally hands down!
    What makes other tanks more fun?

Also, Warriors bring dynamic threat reduction through Vigilance and Intervene, a mini-shield wall you can apply to any raid member with Safeguard, very smooth moving of bosses/adds with our charges, you can make great use of Shockwave in some encounters and heck we can even disarm some bosses.

And Sunder Armor, which on it's own brings more dps than what other tank classes do.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedagain1 View Post
    All the extras? Warriors have the most extras. Warriors also do substantially more single target dps than DKs when tanking. On a good AOE pull (about 6 mobs) I'll do about 8k dps on warrior. On a good single target boss fight (like Rotface) I'll do about 5k dps on warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior 4 life! very versatile class... Charge, intervene, intercept!!!!!!! best f***ing move in the game.
    Warrior is quite easy to play with but hard to master. Warrior is a fun class to play with and will give you a good challenge in learning / mastering!

http://www.hordelevelingguide.com/bl...early-talents/

If you do want to level a prot warrior, read the link, and love it.

It's safe btw.

For everyone that said the warrior lacked use to the raid / had no extras, saunder armour is an amazing debuff to have on any boss. If you don't want you're fury warriors mixing it into their rotation, make sure you have a prot warrior.
    At the moment Warrior & Paladin are the most powerful tanking pair to use. And paladins a due a good nerf. Warrior tanks all the way! (Just don't take 2 to the same raid, because when they're not MT they're rage staved )

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    For everyone that said the warrior lacked use to the raid / had no extras, saunder armour is an amazing debuff to have on any boss. If you don't want you're fury warriors mixing it into their rotation, make sure you have a prot warrior.
    At the moment Warrior & Paladin are the most powerful tanking pair to use. And paladins a due a good nerf. Warrior tanks all the way! (Just don't take 2 to the same raid, because when they're not MT they're rage staved )
    Bears do very very good in ICC too, DK may be a bit behind but it's not relevant. Skill will always be more important

DKs are not behind, Hysteria says hi.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

As a warrior, you get a lot of utility at a low level. The utility is slowly and perfectly eased in for a prot warrior. More so than a pally/druid i would say. You start off with 10% less damage (dstance), Shield block, and if you glyph it you have a cleave sunder armor which works wonders for "aoe" tanking.

Tanking with any tank class is easy.

The hard part is watching everything going on around you (fx.,taunting that stray mob someone pulled/aggroed)

But I would really recommend a warrior....they are insanely fun, and you get to see some nice numbers with revenge now