Some Advice for an under geared bear?

Heya. I'm trying to gear out my druid mainly for kitty, but I will have a bear os. Quing as kitty was taking too long, so I decided to que as tank. I'm not having tons of problems, but when it comes to really geared people, I am having some issues keeping threat.

Quick link to armory in case it helps.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shanksteak

I believe bear is marked as secondary spec, so you may have to look at the other spec. Gear is the same for now (I have the wrathful PvP bracers, but figured the DPS bracers would help me more with threat this early on, so I'm using those atm.

So a few things about how my rotation is going.

Multi Target: Faierie Fire (probably spelt that wrong), Feral Charge, Swipe ad nauseum.

Single Target: Mangle, Laceratex2, Mangle, Laceratex3, Mangle, swipe, lacerate, mangle (basically after 5 lacerates, I mangle on CD and swipe on free GCD's, refreshing lacerate every 3rd or so GCD).

I know there is no Maul in here. I have all my Abilities Macro'd to maul. So Maul basically takes the place of white swings.

Now my main problem has been aoe, but when I get a really geared guy, I loose bosses as well, so I'll throw in a growl if I loose him/her/it.

Thanks for any and all help you could provide, I think one more geared fury warrior could be the end of me. lol

Oh. For next purchase, it should be the T8.25 chest which will be gemmed agi (Yes, I'm gearing for my cat first and foremost through tanking, but I figure using my kitty gear in this early stages in the old heroics should be fine, as it should help with aggro and the lack of stam in the old ones shouldn't be too bad.). Thanks again. Peace

---------- Post added 2010-06-26 at 10:05 PM ----------

err, forgot to put in FFF in the single target, I do use it to pull, and try to use it every chance it's up (though I'll use mangle before FFF).

The big problem is the weapon. Until you get a good weapon, you'll be having threat issues in heroics. In order to get a good weapon, you'll need to do heroics where you'll have threat issues (I believe the bear upgrades are in heroic Trial of the Champion and heroic Halls of Reflection).

Until then, you can get by with a Titansteel weapon if you have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    The big problem is the weapon. Until you get a good weapon, you'll be having threat issues in heroics. In order to get a good weapon, you'll need to do heroics where you'll have threat issues (I believe the bear upgrades are in heroic Trial of the Champion and heroic Halls of Reflection).

Until then, you can get by with a Titansteel weapon if you have the money.
    I agree with this. I went from an ilvl200 weapon to an ilvl251 weapon, and my threat problems all but disappeared.

As well as ToC and HoR, it's worth checking out the polearms from onyxia. Iirc Thunderstrike is decent enough.

I just got a new wep a few hours ago, and It did help out, although I'm still having some problems vs fury warriors, but then again it was only a ilvl 200 hc staff (the one from VH)so hopefully if I pick up the orca hunters or a shadowstrike, it'll help even more. It seems to only be those select few classes that can pull off me unless they're being stupid (i.e. a hunter not using MD), those classes seem to be warriors (only fury, no problems with arms warriors) and ret pallies. Other than that things seem to be going better just with the small upgrades I'm picking up (except getting the damn black heart ninja'd. Yay for my 46th ninja of that same damn trinket across all my tanks).

Deleted
    If you plan to tank gogo thunderstrike. I got it and its awesome (looks even bettee with mongoose).

From what i can see your rotations are fine, But you are abit undergeared and how people are geared these days it will make your threat seem low. Id personly advise you go DPS in heroics till you have got a good 3/4 T9 items what are very easy to get, Weapon will be abit more tricky to get, tho Garfrost's Two-Ton Hammer From PoS Normal its stam is abit lower then your current weapon but it has a good 400 or so more feral AP, With you have a few T9 items gemmed with stam and enchanted you shouldent really notice the drop in stam. If your lucky enough to get Flame Lev for weekly you can always hope for Ironsoul on Uld10N, Ofc if you can get into a ony10 for Reclaimed Thunderstrike then do so as it is alot better

15+ Year Old Account
    My bear dinged 4 days ago. At level 80 I was wearing a mix of the level 71-76 green crafted leather gear and some normal dungeon bits, as well as the heirloom weapon. With that gear I have grinded heroics to get full T9 and some off bits (ring etc). Last night I tanked ToC10 and won a new weapon which gave me a 1k boost in FAP, I've yet to see the effects but if it's an improvement as much as people say, then huzzah.