Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Wink Confusing Rawr..

So I just did a Sim to make sure I gemming right with rawr, and to my surprise it said I wasn't.

Right now I'm gemming mostly Haste but still trying to cap Exp... But it told me to gem AP, and have 2 blue gems one of which is +10 Exp and +15 Stam...

So I thought I'd give it a Sim and find out.. It said it was less DPS. But only by about 60-70.

At this point I'm thinking the rawr is being a jerk to me, any help on the matter would be well.. Helpful.

It says I'm not allowed to post any links until I post more.. Soo, my name is Woxbox, and I'm from Maiev US.

I am not certian for shamans but Rawr is fairly unreliable compared to class-specific similators. I play a DK and rawr is complete garbage for all specs. You may want to check http://elitistjerks.com/ for class (spec) specific simulators/spreadsheets.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to think that.

I was under the impression that rawr was used for gearing choices, followed by a check with EnhSim (Which was the sim I was talking about, in case I didn't make that clear).

Normally I wouldn't care but I just looked at something that said at a certain level AP becomes more important than haste ever so slightly.

Now my gear is pretty bad, so again I don't think this is true, but I'm one to double check. =)

at lower gear levels, ap is better than haste. When you start to get higher quality gear, Haste comes into play, though you need to sim it and check EJ.

Also, Rawr is crap for DK's, but in terms of enhancement shamans it's not as bad. (mind you, its never a rule list, it's more a guideline than actual rules)

Also, you should cap your expertise through gems of otherwise, it's very important. Can't check your character as you didn't post an armory link or anything
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    Also, you should cap your expertise through gems of otherwise, it's very important. Can't check your character as you didn't post an armory link or anything
    His expertise and hit are fine, though he is 1% over the spell cap, and he did give us his toons name and server since the forums don't seem to have a restriction on when you can post URL's now. The reason he was confused was because his expertise is fine for his gear and it was asking him gem more, which is stupid. With that said you should be fine to gem haste as long as you don't drop below the necessary caps.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    His expertise and hit are fine, though he is 1% over the spell cap, and he did give us his toons name and server since the forums don't seem to have a restriction on when you can post URL's now. The reason he was confused was because his expertise is fine for his gear and it was asking him gem more, which is stupid. With that said you should be fine to gem haste as long as you don't drop below the necessary caps.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    he did give us his toons name and server since the forums don't seem to have a restriction on when you can post URL's now.
    bah, seemed to have missed that, my bad

in which case, yeah, try using 20ap and +10 haste gems (stark ametrine) if you'd like the haste for some non movement fights, but would like some ap for the others.

as like dedweight said, long as you dont drop below the necessary caps, you're alright.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Check which gemming templates you have turned on and off, this can make quite a big difference in the way Rawr decides to mess with your gems. I know that Rawr still likes to take 1 hit gem and 1 expertise gem and swap them both to hit+expertise gems for me. That's probably not an entirely equivalent situation, but it could be related. Looking at your armory it's pretty clear that you actually don't have very much attack power and rather low ilvl weapons your gear is probably close to the break even point between AP and Haste.

Best thing to do with Rawr+Enhsim is to experiment, try changing a single gem in Rawr and simming it.

I feel your pain, dude.
    Rawr annoys me to hell telling me to gem stam+exp gems when I'm at 25 expertise
    And rating Hit WAAY too high >__<

Like someone said, class specific simulator or Eltist Jerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.