Poll: What's the best method to begin dps?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Unholy opener

10+ Year Old Account

Unholy opener

I'm curious about what's the best way to begin dps while running in to trash/boss, especially if you have left over runic power from a previous pull. Our damage is buffed a lot when we get blood plague on the target, but both death coil and icy touch can be used before you ever get in range to use plague strike. So, what's the best opening when running in towards the target?

While running in, you're only going to get off ~2 spells before you're in melee range so it's not like we're talking much here...

If no RP, just IT as you get close so that PS can immediately follow the gcd and you're rotation starts off smooth.
    If you have RP, DC (probably just once) then IT, then continue your rotation as normal. There's not much sense saving the RP because you'll be full again by the time you get to your dump phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    While running in, you're only going to get off ~2 spells before you're in melee range so it's not like we're talking much here...

If no RP, just IT as you get close so that PS can immediately follow the gcd and you're rotation starts off smooth.
    If you have RP, DC (probably just once) then IT, then continue your rotation as normal. There's not much sense saving the RP because you'll be full again by the time you get to your dump phase.
    I knew it wouldn't drastically change my dps or anything, but I was curious if there was a "right" (read: accepted by the majority) way to dps while running in.

Ignoring DC for the moment because all we really care about are boss fights and you usually won't have excess RP at the start of a boss fight...

IT while running in is roughly equivalent to waiting to PS in melee range. It really makes no difference whatsoever, do whatever you're most comfortable with.
    I IT as I run in, always have, always will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Ignoring DC for the moment because all we really care about are boss fights and you usually won't have excess RP at the start of a boss fight...

IT while running in is roughly equivalent to waiting to PS in melee range. It really makes no difference whatsoever, do whatever you're most comfortable with.
    I IT as I run in, always have, always will.
    Does the fact that using IT when running in pretty much forces you to refresh Frost Fever first make a difference, or does it not matter because if it's done right you'll still have 100% uptime on both?

I suppose you could switch to PS-IT later in your rotation, but I don't. You'll be clipping your diseases and future FF will be affected by BP even if you're the only DK.

haha this is soo baaaad, on every boss exept mabe saurfang and princes you start with icy touch, even tho you do more dmg starting with plague then IT, its total dmg on the boss that counts, not your dps. so ud wanna start with icy and then plague, as you only use 1 global to get to the bosses. and when the hell do u have the rp to "DCSPAM" until close ?

It really makes no difference what so ever, you wont even see a dps change, well mabey 10 dps difference, but who gies a shit about 10 dps really?

In a perfect world, PS over IT. But you make up for the lost boosted damage by using IT at max range while running in.

I'm sub frost so always starting with IT and of course you have to run before reaching melee range in the most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livush View Post
    I'm sub frost so always starting with IT and of course you have to run before reaching melee range in the most cases.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^