Thread: Psychic Horror

Psychic Horror

So, I know psychic horror is a priest ability and this title will attract all the trolls. Part of the reason why I named it as such.

Anyhow, Blizzard stating something about a talent in the arms tree that would allow disarm to cause the target to cower in terror for a certain duration.

After digging around a bit, this is exactly what this ability is and as such has ABSOLUTETLY NO DISTINCTION from the priest ability psychic horror besides that the priest talent is an ability that both disarms and causes a horror effect whereas the warrior talent causes our already existent ability (disarm) to cause a horror effect.

Now if this isn't a lack of originality on Blizzard's part is I don't know what is.

Despite this rant I still think this would a blessing to the warrior's tool set seeing as we have an utter lack of all around control in matches. I just wish it could be gone around a different way. (They're supposed to be avoiding class homogeneity remember?)

Anyways, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the topic.

P.S. If this ability is, for some reason, under the NDA (I remember reading it in the warrior class preview) then please let me know or just delete the thread. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

There is absolutely no distinction between DK,War and Pally Shield wall except for different names.
    Inb4 DK Defense = % mitigated coz u dont tank under the def cap obviously....

All the tier sets are the same as other similar specs (all casters have same stats, Plate Tanks, Spirit Healers, Mp5 healers)

The warrior class isnt a class about control and CC. If every class is given a spammable cc then the mechanics of the game lose their appeal.

As for the type of effect intimidating and PH, tey are not the same. The effect of PH is considered a magic effect and can be dispelled whereas a warrior fear cannot be dispelled.

The disarm effects for both classes are the same though. The MH and ranged are removed.

In terms of the actual effect you are talking about ive never heard of such a thing, so please link a URL with the description of this ability

---------- Post added 2010-06-27 at 04:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    There is absolutely no distinction between DK,War and Pally Shield wall except for different names.
    Inb4 DK Defense = % mitigated coz u dont tank under the def cap obviously....

All the tier sets are the same as other similar specs (all casters have same stats, Plate Tanks, Spirit Healers, Mp5 healers)
    I dont even know what this is related too but those skills are all completely different.

Icebound fortitude is a base amount and then increased by defense.

Warrior shield wall is a straight up 60%

Divine Protection for a paladin is 50% and can be dispelled

They vary even more in the PvP spectrum of things in terms of prevention and dispel and immunities.

Either way these abilities are far from similar

also, psychic horror can be cast from a range of 36 yards, without facing the target. im pretty sure warriors have to be in melee range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post

<snip>
    Warrior - 5min CD 60%
    Paladin - 3min CD 50%
    DeathKnight - 2min CD 30%

Id say they are all very different and are affected differently by talents and glyphs.

"Disarming Nature, a new Arms talent, will make successful disarms cause the target to cower in fear for 5/10 seconds."

Quote from wowhead warrior class change main page. A wannabe source. You can probably find it on the main blizzard site too.

"The new Arms talent called Disarming Nature will make successful disarms cause the target to cower in fear for 5/10 seconds."

From the main site (don't know how to post sources).

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38612592&sid=1

Scroll down to New Talents and Talent Changes and it should be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Xrandom66X View Post
    also, psychic horror can be cast from a range of 36 yards, without facing the target. im pretty sure warriors have to be in melee range.
    ...and have it not dodge, parried, blocked or missed...and have rage to do it.

---------- Post added 2010-06-27 at 05:44 AM ----------

...and to be objective, priests never should have had psychic horror in the first place. Priests are not something that would make someone run in fear, they're priests. Especially not enough to drop weaopns. It's just a stolen warlock move mixed with a rogue dismantle. True, it's a good combination of abilities, but not fitting of a priest.

Shadow priest just seems like the best of 3 classes to me - lock dots/fear/life sucking, rogue dismantle and defensive cooldowns, and priest bubbles/healing. That's quite a toolbox - I think they should work more at making the spreist unique than making them a mesh of classes.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Useful ability > Originality

Seriously who cares if it's a copy from a priest ability, if it's good, I'll take it.
    Everyone's insane but me...