Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The boring road of 1-80

Well is there anyway to like...make leveling fun? I want to level up another character but the 1-60 just does my head :/ Post your techniques or suggestions on how to make leveling a new class fun.

1. Try avoiding the Quests you know and try reading, instead of skipping quest text.
    2. Force 4 friends to join you, and instance grind yourself to 80
    3. PVP your way to 80.

Leveling with a friend makes it fun. If nobody wants to level anything watching TV or a movie while you level it makes it go by fast and makes it more fun.

How is pvp for leveling up? Is the xp good? And another question... What is best to level a shaman? Restoration, elemental or enhancement.

There's no fun way...it might be at the begining, but sooner or later it will get boring no matter how/where you level. Leveling in dungeons/battlegrounds is your best shot imo...
    The xp from pvp in early levels is IMBA! you should try it

BETA CLUB!

If your win BGs its super-fast.
    If you have BOA gear its super-fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Epialt View Post
    If your win BGs its super-fast.
    If you have BOA gear its super-fun.
    No, it's not super fun with BOA gear. Yes, mobs go down fast, but leveling takes a long boring ass time.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Another" as in...? Your second toon? In which case you are doomed, if you are bored already on toon number 2.

But honestly...1-68 is a joke now with wearing heirlooms and the reduced XP needed / increased XP granted.
    I got 2 80s and I enjoy my druid boomkin but I just want to level up another character to 80 for the variety.

if you win the BG during its holiday weekend you get a total of 10-15% of your level. so if you just build rest during the week and do a few quests while waiting for BGs to pop you can level very fast.

you will also get enough honor on your way to 80 to get at least 3 pieces of PvP gear or at the very least a grip of gems to earn some cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Hey , u dinged lvl 80! welcome to the boring world of gearing, gs, achievement whoring, and all theese kinda stuff! Also expect ure account to get hacked and stripped off!

No, really, i want blizzcon to come faster so they can announce theyr new MMO and i can start playing teh beta

Deleted
    pvp's pretty fun. :>

I leveled a hunter threw BG ... most fun lvling I ever did.
    Was fun as hell 2shoting greenies.

Well, if im correct, then blizzard will redo all the quests in azeroth, so 1-58,78-85 will be like a total new zone?

correct me if im wrong please

Well, I'm loremaster on 4 of my 5 chars so I fully understand the boringness of levelling, what I did with my last one was roll horde as I'd never levelled a horde from the start and faction changed him at 80, got to see old content through new eyes, few new quests etc.

The other thing to do is not focus on levelling, I really took my time as I went, played this char as a semi RP char, levelled all skills inc cooking, fishing for the first time, read teh quests and followed storylines to their completion. It took a bit longer than normal, 1-80 took four days play time rather than my last one which took 3, but it did make it enjoyable.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is everyone simply thinks in terms of end-game content, rather than the journey to get there.

I love levelling, i love learning new abilities, getting new gear, choosing new talents, everything. You get to choose where to level, how to level, what spec to level as, you can now do dungeons and battlegrounds to level if you want...

The reason alot of people find it boring i think is because their mind is thinking 'level 80 level 80 level 80' rather than just appreciating levelling itself and all the quests/areas/options available. Even more-so when cata hits.

To me, the levelling process is more fun than the end-game, so its a shame when i see people say its boring because i get a strange feeling blizz will just keep shortening the levelling journey and try to throw people straight into end-game. I personally wish levelling was slightly longer in parts, especially from a few months time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    Well, I'm loremaster on 4 of my 5 chars so I fully understand the boringness of levelling, what I did with my last one was roll horde as I'd never levelled a horde from the start and faction changed him at 80, got to see old content through new eyes, few new quests etc.

The other thing to do is not focus on levelling, I really took my time as I went, played this char as a semi RP char, levelled all skills inc cooking, fishing for the first time, read teh quests and followed storylines to their completion. It took a bit longer than normal, 1-80 took four days play time rather than my last one which took 3, but it did make it enjoyable.
    3 days play time?!?! my first took about 9 days and second 7-8 damn!

Level a class that can either tank or heal and gear up accordingly for that spec. Then do dungeon finder queues all the way to 70, and do a mix of questing and dungeons from there, as quest xp in northrend is awesome. Got my shammy to 80 in ~7 days played time doing that. Pretty easy and really fun, as well as getting really used to healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

This is what I do:
    Get a good questing mod.
    Determine spec/gear/glyphs that help you level fastest
    Run to a mailbox to pick up heirlooms
    Throw on a podcast (I recommend A life well wasted)
    Space out, listen to the podcast and GRIND

10+ Year Old Account
    do everything, join a bg and then do some quests, do an instance when your bored etc, it made me actually liking the lvling with my shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Dual box a tank/healer combo and level through the dungeon finder.

Should get 2-4 level ups per instance.