Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reichenbach View Post
    I don't wish to downplay the obvious pains you've been subjected to, but the old adage "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" applies here. The first hacking should have been a wake-up call. It's no big secret that account hacking is starting to be a pretty substantial menace, and folks not taking proper measures to protect their "assets" are perpetuating this. Get an Authenticator. It's something along the lines of $7, and it'll protect the account that you pay around $180 a year for. If that seems an outrageous price to you, there are FREE Authenticator applications available via Ipod touch/Iphone. Absolutely free. Ie not $7, $0.

At this point, not having one on your account is akin to leaving your front door unlocked. Sure, the odds are you might never get robbed, even if you leave it unlocked. But, if the robber figures it out, he's gonna steal you blind. And if after the first time, you continue to leave it unlocked, hell, if I were him/her, I'd come back and take you to the cleaners everytime too. If you don't protect your account, you're asking for trouble, and subsequently forfeit your right to complain about it.
    /Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You mean you don't have 6 Euros? O_o
    I Had! D: but I used them on card games /faceplam http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page /thread

if no authenticator, then install free programs such as: Spybot - Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and avast! Free Antivirus

all 3 are free. use them to scan regularly.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    if no authenticator, then install free programs such as: Spybot - Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and avast! Free Antivirus

all 3 are free. use them to scan regularly.
    AVG Free + Firewall does the trick. CCleaner helps too o.o

Quote Originally Posted by George23 View Post
    Aye got hacked 2 times this month.. looks like gold sellers gone wild at my realm, anyone else having same problems?
    Tried changing your password ?

@ OP

I just got hacked for the first time since I started playing (Early TBC). You can bet your ass I intend to get an Authenticator as soon as i get my shit back. Once is too many times and I've learned my lesson. That being said, how did you not go "Hey I might want to do something about this..." when you got hacked the first time?