Flight duration in Cataclysm

Has anything at all been said about doing something about the duration of flights between the various points in Cataclysm?

I think I've read that they might be making more of the flights go from A-B as opposed to A-? with a dozen stops along the way, but even A-B can take a long freaking time if you want to go from one end of a continent to the other.

If you want to go from one end of the continent to the other, might I suggest portals, zeppelins, and ships?

I agree that it's great that the flight paths are getting trimmed down a bit, but there's be no incentive for players to use their flying mounts if all the flight paths were the speed of fucking bullet trains.

Just fly for yourself? the 5k gold for riding 300 should be earned in notime with cata. (even more then now)

they haven't said anything as of now but i would like a speed up on like a moon glade to silithus flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    ...there's be no incentive for players to use their flying mounts if all the flight paths were the speed of fucking bullet trains.
    You mean apart from traveling to specific locations once you get to a zone?

I use the FP when I'm too lazy to control my flying mount :P

Quote Originally Posted by setharial View Post
    Just fly for yourself?
    Or they could just make the flight times shorter and use a cut screen like they do with the boats and zeppelins?

And I already have epic flight on all my characters high enough to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ustilago View Post
    Or they could just make the flight times shorter and use a cut screen like they do with the boats and zeppelins?
    How about they just allow you to instantly teleport directly where you want without a second thought?

They have already done tons to shorten travel time, even around the old world. The Cataclysm changes will also do loads to shorten flight times (no need to skit around unfinished mountain ranges). If they do anything else, there will be no more need for the world and all that will exist in-game is the starting zones, your main city, and you get to all the dungeons/battlegrounds with the dungeon finder/PVP frame.