Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a very confused feral druid leveling up, I thought, after the first few quest rewards, the armor was everything. I ignored every other stat besides armor. I only leveled feral because my friend told me it was the best way to go, and I'm sure I caused a lot of pain as a little noob. The only real memory I have is a screenshot of the xroads getting destroyed... I was wearing some kind of moon staff and a robe >.<

Yeah I don't even know how I got to 60.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember being in thousand needles around level 40.

I also remeber bieng in wc getting the red/moon looking staff.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I've made human warrior with some retarded nickname I've already forgotten and leveled him a little, then went to goldshire, spotted a nightelf on 60% frostsaber and thought- cool, wish I could have one. Then I decided to go elsewhere, managed to open a map, zoomed out, saw how many ways there are to go, headed southeast only to be killed by a gang of defias, felt lost, logged out and deleted the character. Came back to wow later and rolled a druid.
    When I was somewhat between level 10 and 20 I accidentally queued in a warsong gulch BG, got an invite. I don't remember the match itself but I remember wondering why most people have last names like "Blackrock", "Sylvanas", "Runetotem", "Stormrage" etc and I didn't have one! I desperately wanted a last name like that and didn't realise it marked which realm they're from.
    The other day I was prowling around crossroads as a low-level druid and there were a few guys from a guild called Red Army attacking it and I thought they were cool. I talked to one of them them later (who turned out to be an officer) and got invited into a guild. That was probably the best of my first wow memories.

Getting out of the Tauren starting area with my very first char (warrior) and then getting shitfaced by a wolf next to the road... a very proud moment indeed!

First memory was watching my friend playing his night elf hunter a week after or so after the game was released. I really didn't think much of the game and misunderstood the fighting. From what I was seeing it looked like a turn-base game, and didn't really interest me.

First thing I memory on my character was wandering around elywen forest lost and ultimately finding SW.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Playing with crappy computer, entering to Orgrimmar with my lvl 8 mage (First character). Getting horrible fps lag and then DC'd. Wasn't able to log in without DC, so I deleted it and created another mage and avoided Orgrimmar at all cost. Thunder Bluff was my city back then.

Rolled a night elf because I thought tiger mounts look cool.

Always thought WoW was boring, then a friend gave me a friend pass, force fed it down my throat and by the next day I was level 20, then I had to order WoW right away to get past the level cap on guest pass.

The run from Wetlands to Stormwind was considered to be quite dangerous as a lowbie, so I ended up walking around the coast (which included a fair amount of swimming) in order to get to Westfall, then ran back up to SW. Was a fairly epic trip.

Needed some random green and got called a ninja when I had no idea what the loot screen was.

Making my Tauren hunter spelling his name wrong "Tirant" instead of "Tyrant" didn't realize till about lvl 40. Oh and finding the epic Staff of Jordan and equpping it, didn't get rid of it till I went to outlands. Lol found the epic Dazzling Longsword too sold it on the AH for 10g. Spellpower hunter for the win!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    My friend was living at my house at the time, and would constantly say "Just let me finish this quest!" before we went out.

So I thought what the heck, and made a Human Warrior. I then almost broke my mouse, just from spamming right click, trying to attack REALLY fast. My friend found this hilarious.

I then created 2 or 3 Night Elf Druids, got to level 10, could never finish the quest for bear, that stupid owl would always kill me, until I'd quit and start again, only to get stuck again.

Ahhhhh, good times.

hmm, Think my first WoW memory was seeing my gf's brother playing it, he was a dwarf paladin mid-50's in Un'Goro with a Taran Icebreaker killing a devilsaur.

think my first wow memory was walking around SW keep at about level 16 and seeing someone walk past doing the onyxia attunement, turning round and 'OH MY GOD THERE'S A MASSIVE DRAGON IN THE KEEP! O.o'
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Loged in, @ open Beta on my newly created warlock, walked 3 feet and fell true the gameworld.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Creating a first char rogue and "farming" half a day for 1g to buy dagger from vendor

I started about 6 months before TBC was released, though i only ever really played a few hours a week, so i was only around level 26 when tbc was released on my main. Just some context

OT:
    I remember farming the scorpions and boars outside of orgrimmar on my warrior to vendor things for repairs.
    I also remember rolling a Blood elf pally when tbc was released, and spending about 3 hours farming for the Tranquillien rep sword.
    I used to think raptor strike was a ranged attack and auto shoot had to be manually pushed..
    I spent about 8 months replying to general and trade comments in /say because i asumed everyone could see it like on CSS..

Lol thats all i can really remember =/

I played Guild Wars for a month. Then, when Blizzard released WoW, I switched games and god, I was so fuckin happy for being able to jump.

Deleted
    Watching a friend lvl his Tauren warrior in Mulgore. started playing about a week later also a tauren warrior. Remember selling my 2h mace to be able to buy a 1h since it had more dps but then I noticed I didn't have any 1h skill and got pwned by the first mob and I didn't have the silver o buy my 2h back even if I sold the 1h.

Lvling that first toon was epic. 1-60 in vanila was the best time I've had in the whole of WoW and I doubt anyhting will beat it.

I saw my brother playing this game on his laptop and I thought, hey, I loved WC3 and Diablo 2 and this is sort of a mix between it. I would love it! So I made a human paladin because human was my favorite race in WC3 and paladin was my favorite class in D2. I made it to about level 10 or so and found out my brother was actually on the horde side. I made an undead warrior then and was like, Wow, this is cool, I'm all gross and everything and I get to be a badass whenever I want cause I'm with the horde. I've never made an alliance toon since.

Its not my earliest memory, but it's definitely my my most memorable one. Listening to Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor when it finally came out... Every time i level up a new alt, i always loop Food and Liquor and it brings back the same memories of playing my warrior and hearing the song "daydreamin'" while in netherstorm thinking, this song goes so well with this place hahaha!

My earliest WoW memory is taking the deeprun tram to darnassus But obviously that's a false memory - I still have no clue where that comes from. Maybe two memories somehow got mixed up.

The next one is killing some undeads/ghosts in front of stormwind..I think it was the Naxxramas event..but don't exactly know because I didn't play for long and didn't care much for the game back then.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Finkle View Post
    Making my Tauren hunter spelling his name wrong "Tirant" instead of "Tyrant" didn't realize till about lvl 40. Oh and finding the epic Staff of Jordan and equpping it, didn't get rid of it till I went to outlands. Lol found the epic Dazzling Longsword too sold it on the AH for 10g. Spellpower hunter for the win!!!
    i loved the spelling misstake made me laguh, i miss the times of being a noob and my high lvl friend (lvl 26 mage) gave me 5 GOLD! i was so rich (5 years ago or so) hehe and i have never felt so rich again in my whole life. :P played a human warlock as my first character on my own account.

first step ever in wow was on a friends acc shortly after release and that was a tauren warrior and i hated the game because i couldnt heal or find the quests etc :P
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

It was during Hallows End and a few weeks before WOTLK came out. All I heard was the Headless Horseman yelling over and over thinking to myself
    "Wow that player is EPIC" and then getting to Stormwind a few mins later while the horde was OWNING everything and someone yelled "They killed the king!!!" and frantically whispering my friend, who, was in Black Temple at the time saying "Oh my god the horde killed the king! What's gonna happen now?" response "lol nothing"

Oh the days of being a real noob.