Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Do whatever you want with it, if people care enough about meaningless vanity items to start drama over it they shouldn't be in a serious guild in the first place.
    ^ this

---------- Post added 2010-06-29 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purelybetter View Post
    I see a lot of people quoting that the guild helped get you shards/bosses down. That's fucking retarded.

What would you guild have done if Shadowmourne didn't exist? What's that? They would have done the EXACT SAME THING? That's a stupid reason to base on your guild getting to roll on it. I bet most of the people saying that are jealous, and if you people want it that bad, do it for your own character in Cataclysm.

Now the part the guild does help you with: Infusions

Unholy: I did this, and I pulled my weight, I did it my way, and I didn't wipe the raid. It didn't effect it at all other than 1 tank got to DPS, and I was normally third tank anyways. Cheers.

Blood: You need to be bit by her or first bite from your raid. If you're getting Shadowmourne, your DPS doesn't suck and you're not hindering the raid.

Frost: Two situations here. Either you get all 4 breaths in your DPS gear and your healers have to pop a CD or big heal on you during Phase 1, or you put on Frost Resist and take negligible damage, actually making healing easier at the price of DPS. So you might have a couple second strain on healers, or your DPS will remain the same because you can ignore Chilled to the Bone.

Sounds like the guild doesn't much more than pick a person.
    ^ and this

Quote Originally Posted by Putricidegoodnews View Post
    gave him the shards
    let him have the axe (should they had said no, well theres nothing he could do about it besides /gquit)
    carried him through the instance
    You give a legendary to a guy you carry? Man there something wrong i just cant tell

Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    You give a legendary to a guy you carry? Man there something wrong i just cant tell
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Rëtribution View Post
    I'll keep this as short as possible. I will be getting a LK kill (First) with my newly acquainted Shadowmourne. As we all know, he drops a box full of goodies, the first Shadowmourne in the guild, the owner kept the tabard and the mount, and let the other raiders roll for the other prizes. This pissed a lot of ppl off because they wanted a chance at the mount/tabard too. I'm going to be doing the same thing, and I was just going to ask the MMMO community input on one thing.

What would you do for the items in the box. let the owner of shadowmourne decide, or have the other 24 people get a chance at it?

Thanks for reading
    i want an armory link or hes just trolling very successfully

If someone wants to complain, tell them to roll a DK/Warrior/Pally and pay 19k for the saronites, then they can have their shinies.

If you're in a guild that cares more about the shiny cosmetic things than the fact that you got SM and you as a guild are progressing more than a lot of the raiders on your server, then forget them.

I'm pretty sure my guild would gkick who ever got SM if they tried to decide who gets the LK loot out side of Dkp.... Really if u give your shards to some one who is this retarded you deserve to be ninja'd....

The fact of the matter is this box is intended as a bonus for the person who completes Shadowmourne. People can argue what they would like to see done with those items but it's still a fact that it is the decision of the person who finishes the axe. That is why only the person with it can loot the quest item off LK in the first place.

If the Shadowmourne wielder wants to use the items all for himself, I wouldnt mind so much.

If he wants to sell them all, and become instantly gold capped, that's just not on. Shadowmourne is the reward. Probably only 5% of players actually have over 10k gold, you do not deserve to become instantly gold capped because your guild chose you for Shadowmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Lol, in my guild I have shadow's edge on two different toons, I made the gold to buy the saronites, I have done the infusions on two of the bosses and didn't have help doing them. For your info, when people say it is a guild effort might want to bring some facts into the conversation.

The majorioty of folks I know that have shadowmourne or are doing the quest or have people in the guild doing it did not change shit in how they progress in ICC 25 man. The person in the guild that gets to the shards gets the first SM.

It is not the guild putting forth effort to make it happen. It is the person with the quest. Now, if you suck at your class, the guild purchased or provided all 25 saronites and had to hand feed you the infusion quests and make sure you didn't die or wipe the raid it might be different, and at that point the guild is retarded for allowing you the SM in the first place.
    It is the guild getting your raid and making sure you got all your shards. They could just as easily chosen another. You'd have a hard time pugging shadowmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

You are in a guild that is giving you shards, if you were not in that guild you would be getting shards at a much slower rate, so slow that you would most likely never make the legendary. Therefor you give the guild that just gave you the BiS weapon for your class of the expansion something for helping you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by feo View Post
    You are in a guild that is giving you shards, if you were not in that guild you would be getting shards at a much slower rate, so slow that you would most likely never make the legendary. Therefor you give the guild that just gave you the BiS weapon for your class of the expansion something for helping you get it.
    You may CHOOSE to give up those items, but it's been well established that they are a quest reward intended for the owner of Shadowmourne. Therefore, those items belong to that person to do with what they wish. There is no arguing this fact.

Deleted
    To address most concerns, this post pretty much sums it up:

Quote Originally Posted by Blonk View Post
    So...

You want to shit on the raid leaders that siphoned Primordial Saronite drops to you?
    Some didn't get any from their guild and there was a time where you had to spend 50k gold in total for 25 Saronites. They could have invested that gold in the AH or something, but they didn't.

You want to shit on the people that went out of their way to DPS harder on Putricide because your ass had to occupy a tank's position?
    Putricide doesn't have that high DPS requirements, especially with the 30% buff and it's usually done on normal mode anyway. And one of the tanks usually has DPS gear or the future Shadowmourne weilder might have tank gear.

You want to shit on the healers that kept you alive standing in a frost breath -- which is otherwise highly unacceptable?
    Anyone who's truly dedicated would just get a tank spec/gear and be done with it. Who gives a crap about 1 extra DPS anyway, most people did the quest on normal mode, DPS requirements are high I guess but not "brutal".

No, you're totally right, dat box is yours dawg.
    Blizzard made it a quest reward that ONLY the Shadowmourne owner can get, it cannot be rolled for, it cannot be master looted etc.

Here's something else to consider. My 277 tank gear allows me to farm large packs of certains mobs and make 700g - 1000g an hour just by brute force. (Don't ask where cause it's a trade secrect.) I can't do this with any other class or spec and I couldn't do this when I had for example Naxx gear, the damage was just too much to handle. But does that mean I have to give my guild a cut? No, it doesn't. All that gold, all those mats, are mine.

You can say Shadowmourne is a reward itself, but guess what, just as it is a reward for the wielder, it is a reward for the GUILD as well (especially with guild achievements incoming). With an extra Shadowmourne the raid DPS is a bit higher just as with an extra Val'anyr the healing is a bit better. If you were wiping on 200k HP or some add not going fast enough that weapon might just make the difference, personally the guilds I've been in have wiped on such low HP multiple times, 30k HP left on Vashj, 400k on Putricide HC etc.

In the end guys, it's the Shadowmourne owner's choice, it's his quest, just because you help someone complete a quest in this game doesn't mean you're entitled to roll on the reward, that's entirely up to the player who did the quest, if Blizzard wanted it any other way they would have made it a LK 25 drop.

You can argue that the reward is unbalanced, and I can agree it's unbalanced, but it doesn't entitle you to it one bit. Please get that into your head, especially guild masters around the world, if you want to play hard ball, then go ahead and kick the guy. You'll lose 1 Shadowmourne and the guy will simply find another guild, what have you gained? So, shush, and be glad your raid DPS is 1-2k higher and that you got a dedicated player that shows up every raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you bought all saronites by yourself, do whatever you want... If not, then guess
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to go through a similar decision. Ultimately, my guild let me keep all of the items to do with as i please. Because of this, I kept 2, gave 2 to guild, and gave 1 to someone of my choosing. So i kept only 40% of the items. Seems fair.

Winter...The realm of eternal ice

Deleted
    I just freaking sold it all, my guild went on a summer break middle of everything and forced me to do PuGs for the last 35 shards, hell that was a pain... now I'm 2x gold cap richer, wohoo for me.

Deleted
    on the bases its so easy to get and ppl have alts to get it on those if there main char cant.

I would keep it all for myself, and i will be doing that in 3-4 weeks time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rëtribution View Post
    I'll keep this as short as possible. I will be getting a LK kill (First) with my newly acquainted Shadowmourne. As we all know, he drops a box full of goodies, the first Shadowmourne in the guild, the owner kept the tabard and the mount, and let the other raiders roll for the other prizes. This pissed a lot of ppl off because they wanted a chance at the mount/tabard too. I'm going to be doing the same thing, and I was just going to ask the MMMO community input on one thing.

What would you do for the items in the box. let the owner of shadowmourne decide, or have the other 24 people get a chance at it?

Thanks for reading

no, screw the other 24 people, keep the stuff. If they want it they can buy it off from someone willing to sell it or they can get a shadowmourne for themselves.