Poll: Which class combos DON'T make sense?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Every race has access to Goblin technology?

Step one: Invent awesome totems that enslave elemental.
    Step two: Keep how the totems work a secret from the gnomes and other races.
    Step three: ?????
    Step four: Profit.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Every race has access to Goblin technology?

Step one: Invent awesome totems that enslave elemental.
    Step two: Keep how the totems work a secret from the gnomes and other races.
    Step three: ?????
    Step four: Profit.
    Yet the tauren Shotoa is the one who will bring the knowledge how to enslave or bid elementals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post

Night Elf Warrior, they're stealthy, athletic, why waste that dexterous ability on a huge 2-hander?
    Their women have been warriors since forever. Yes, they are slanky, so what? They are still warriors. Otherwise orcs can't be rogues. "lulzz they are soo big, thye cnt b rougez lulz"

Read the night elf lore. The sentinels are the women and they are the warriors. The men are most often druids of different types. Just because there's no pure melee warrior for the Nelves in WC3 doesn't mean they don't have proper warriors.

Maybe. But the technology to make the totems work is goblin.
    There is quite a gap between the two.

To me the least class/race combo that would make sense would be Draenei warlock but im sure if blizz wanted to they could lore that in.
    "Oh lord strike me down!"

I understand the lore behind the Taurens gaining access to "the light" *Sunwalkers*, but theyre more of a physical fighter.
    That's like saying all orcs are physical fighters. Tauren are a spiritual race and have always had a form of "priest", only that the "priests" of their Moon god are druids. The priests of the Sun god however are the messengers of her power and use the power from the Sun to heal, protect, etc. In lore, there are no Tauren Shadow priests, though the probably embrace the shadow, because Light could not exist without it.

The only explaination I can think of for Goblin Priest is that "the light" would be the shiny surfaces of their gold etc.
    That's pretty much the general idea. Lore will explain it.

Besides, Taurens dont believe in Shadow, so how does a Tauren Shadow Priest exist.
    In lore, all Undead priests are shadow, period. Tauren can only spec shadow for game balance.

---------- Post added 2010-06-28 at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fergand View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dwarf and Troll Warlocks have been confirmed... I don't think it's been widely announced though...
    Youtube videos do not "confirm" anything.

Correction : The First Worgen where Nelf Druids who lost their sanity.

Orcs/dwarfs using arcane magic...
    Taurens using holy spells... even worse, tauren shadow priest
    goblins/worgens using the holy light...
    undead/worgen hunter would be ok if they had special pets like Darkhounds, but bears n stuff...
    night elf summoning water elemental and casting frostbolt...

But the worst gotta be Troll and Dwarf Warlocks. Ghostcrawler confirmed it, i dont know if he was joking but seriously... Trolls and Dwarfs has NOTHIG to do with demons and shadow. Yes there is trolls and Dwarfs out there who use shadow spells but they are not darkspear trolls/ironforge Dwarfs... they are something completely different. This would totally ruin the warlock class, if they gave it to races that it would not only look awful on, but doesnt even make any sense whatsoever. We have many different options for warlocks now and its more then enough.
    Last edited by wrathofdoom; 2010-06-28 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvant View Post
    Correction : The First Worgen where Nelf Druids who lost their sanity.
    lol?

One thing that is often overlooked is the faction of the races that are playable.

Yes Draenei Warlocks exist, but they are not apart of Velen's Exiles. They are apart of the Burning Legion.
    Yes Draenei (Broken) Rogues exist, but they are not apart of Velen's Exiles. They are apart of the Kuranei and the Ashtongue Deathsworn.

Lore-wise, some Blackrock Orcs are Mages, some Wildhammer Dwarves are Shaman and Druids, some Dark Iron Dwarves are Mages and Warlocks, some Shen'dralar Night Elves are Mages.

In some of these cases, these factions that are currently outside of the Alliance and Horde may be joining up with the playable racial factions in the Horde and Alliance, thus opening up those options to be played. However this isn't the only path Blizzard is taking to open new race/class options. We also see that some of the lore within the playable racial faction is being taken further than it is currently. These races are learning to do things that were previously unavailable to them, but not because of a branch of their race rejoining the main bulk of their race in the Horde/Alliance.
    An example of this is the 'Sun Druids' that allow Tauren to be Priests and Paladin

Another thing is In-game Mechanics.
    The Light does not answer the Forsaken, however in-game mechanics require Undead Priests to be able to use all of the classes spells. Lore-wise all Forsaken Priests use Shadow Magic for both healing and damage.
    Lore-wise Sun Druids are Druids, however in-game mechanics make them Priests and Paladins.

OT: I find Goblin Shaman, Goblin Priests hardest to make sense of. However this is because none of the current lore about Goblins really justifies either very well, if at all.

But the worst gotta be Troll and Dwarf Warlocks. Ghostcrawler confirmed it,...
    No, he didn't.

Go to Cataclysm site, see the chart. Those are the new combos int he expansion, no more, no less. Youtube and pre-alpha videos are not any official confirmation.

As for the rest of your post...

Orcs/dwarfs using arcane magic...
    Fel magic is basically a corrupt, impure, and lazy form of Arcane magic. It would not take much for them to learn the real way to use the magic they have already been using, especially if they felt they had to in order to survive. As for Dwarfs, it's not as big of a stretch as you are making it. Dwarfs are very intelligent and have nothing holding them back from studying the arcane.

Taurens using holy spells... even worse, tauren shadow priest
    I attempted to explain it in an earlier post in this thread. Lore will explain what you think you don't know / understand.

undead/worgen hunter would be ok if they had special pets like Darkhounds, but bears n stuff...
    Many undead were marksmen and High eleven rangers from previous wars. Humans have kind of always been hunters in a sense, just not introduced as a playable class. Which also explains why Worgen can be hunters, they are still human, but cursed with the Worgen shape (That can be temporarily suppressed). The presence of an animal companion comes with the class and has little to do with actual lore outside of certain races. Some pets might be personal pets, and others might assist the hunter in tracking.

goblins/worgens using the holy light...
    Again, not all form of "Light" are deemed as a "divine holy power". Each race has it's own idea of what is "divine" and "holy".
    Most playable Worgen probably abandoned the Light, but the Worgen curse is not selective as to who it infects. The idea that most people seem to have is that "Worgen are not human, they are full worgen and are more animal than human, therefore make no sense in ____ class", and that simply isn't the case. Worgen are still human, and not all Gilnaes worgen lose their humanity when they are forced into their more beastly form.

night elf summoning water elemental and casting frostbolt...
    Night elves have been using Arcane magics for thousands of years. They "banned" it's usage because of the abuse it was getting from so many users, and what happened with the Sundering. There are still Night elf mages in the game today, see Dire Maul, and several select NPCs that are scattered about the world.

If you were trolling, sorry for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    No, he didn't.

Go to Cataclysm site, see the chart. Those are the new combos int he expansion, no more, no less. Youtube and pre-alpha videos are not any official confirmation.

As for the rest of your post...

Fel magic is basically a corrupt, impure, and lazy form of Arcane magic. It would not take much for them to learn the real way to use the magic they have already been using, especially if they felt they had to in order to survive. As for Dwarfs, it's not as big of a stretch as you are making it. Dwarfs are very intelligent and have nothing holding them back from studying the arcane.

I attempted to explain it in an earlier post in this thread. Lore will explain what you think you don't know / understand.

Many undead were marksmen and High eleven rangers from previous wars. Humans have kind of always been hunters in a sense, just not introduced as a playable class. Which also explains why Worgen can be hunters, they are still human, but cursed with the Worgen shape (That can be temporarily suppressed). The presence of an animal companion comes with the class and has little to do with actual lore outside of certain races. Some pets might be personal pets, and others might assist the hunter in tracking.

Again, not all form of "Light" are deemed as a "divine holy power". Each race has it's own idea of what is "divine" and "holy".
    Most playable Worgen probably abandoned the Light, but the Worgen curse is not selective as to who it infects. The idea that most people seem to have is that "Worgen are not human, they are full worgen and are more animal than human, therefore make no sense in ____ class", and that simply isn't the case. Worgen are still human, and not all Gilnaes worgen lose their humanity when they are forced into their more beastly form.

Night elves have been using Arcane magics for thousands of years. They "banned" it's usage because of the abuse it was getting from so many users, and what happened with the Sundering. There are still Night elf mages in the game today, see Dire Maul, and several select NPCs that are scattered about the world.

If you were trolling, sorry for responding.
    oh god... sorry i didnt read half of that but im so sick of people like you who always try to justify the new class combos by trowing in some lore here and there. no matter what race/class combos they announce there will always be some reasons for it... belf druids? yeah that guy in botanica... draenei rogue? yeah just put some soft stuff under their hooves...

and just because night elf mages for example exists, doesnt mean it makes sense that we can play them. we play the dranassus nelf or whatever their called, not some dire maul sh....

heres ghostcrwler confirming it: http://felfire.com/wp-content/upload...arfWarlock.png smart ass

Quote Originally Posted by wrathofdoom View Post
    oh god... sorry i didnt read half of that but im so sick of people like you who always try to justify the new class combos by trowing in some lore here and there. no matter what race/class combos they announce there will always be some reasons for it... belf druids? yeah that guy in botanica... draenei rogue? yeah just put some soft stuff under their hooves...

and just because night elf mages for example exists, doesnt mean it makes sense that we can play them. we play the dranassus nelf or whatever their called, not some dire maul sh....

heres ghostcrwler confirming it: http://felfire.com/wp-content/upload...arfWarlock.png smart ass
    Know what I hate? People who respond to posts like you do.

"Man I am sick of people using lore to try and make sense of things."

I was simply trying to help you understand, but as you have said, I can't make you understand because you don't want to.

Also, that Blue post can be faked/ or could have been sarcastic in the context of the thread it was in, because, quite frankly, Dwarf and troll warlocks also do not make any sense in lore, fabricated or otherwise.

Night elves not only have mages, they were the first azerothian mages ever.
    Dwarves also had mages for a long time. The dark iron dwarves always had them.
    im so sick of people like you who always try to justify the new class combos by trowing in some lore here and there.
    And you do basically the same thing, just with different goals. Does that mean that you are sick of yourself?

Aside from that, this whole discussion is pointless anyway. The lore is created based on the needs of the games, and the new class options are based on what Blizz thought would be interesting.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett View Post
    I am not going to say that any of the new class/race combos are THAT far fetched, however I will say that some were not the better options. The Tauren paladin is the one that I see most of the complaints with. Blood Elves draw their power from the Sunwell, the Tauren draws it's from the sun god. that is the given explanation. I for one think that the Undead would have been a better candidate for the paladin simply because they were at one time human, then again... undead paladin = DK?

The blow may have been softer however if the Tauren was able to roll a priest from the beginning. the priest draws it's energy from the holy light as does a paladin and early concept art showed the Tauren as a priest having race. Honestly, I see the plot holes, but at the same time, I can see the justification as well. IMO, less QQ more Pew Pew.
    Eum, Tauren becoming a paladin or a priest is logic imo, the lore around it goes like this, NElfs love moon, they teach the moon-ways to tauren (again or not, but not the point), every1 is fine with it at first, but then some tauren druids start to think at the tauren way, and see that the nelf way is only half of the story, so they start searching for a sunway. In lore terms that doesn't make a tauren a paladin, or a priest, altho a priest is not uncommon, look at grimtotem clan, I think they have priests. The paladin is more of a warrior using the sun as his source of energy instead of rage, its more a crusader of the sun.

How do you fit that into the game, normally it would mean a new class kinda, but since balancing that and making the class unique, is a huge problem. So in game mechanics, its a paladin.

Why isn't it an undead that becomes paladin, AFAIK undead feel betrayed by everything and every1, their beliefs, their homes, ... crushed and destroyed, they want to purge the world of all living and dead (wrathgate, UC event) but are kept in check by sylvanas (sort of speak), they don't belief in the light as humans do or as they did as human, so I don't see why they can become a class with mechanics they don't belief in.

I'm prolly just saying the same as peeps already posted below, sorry.

Post #6 talks about orc mage, I think that 1 is evolution basically, its not from history, but orcs learned mage-shizzle from the trolls I think, its not supported in the lore because it didn't happen yet, they learned enough to be decent in cata kinda deal I think.

The class I don't get going to a certain race is belf warriors, they use magic to become as strong as orcs or whatever race, like the crew of keal is all about fel-magic/energy, BElfs had even a naaru locked away for it, with liadrin or what her name, they use "the light" is source now I think (correct me if I'm wrong), wait belfs have rogues, so they maded that work, ... nvm, warrior would fine I guess, I prolly don't like the look of it, I guess.

EDIT: I only saw post 6 when I started creating wall of text, just saying

Blood elves always had warriors. You just couldn't play them till now since in BC everybody had at most 6 classes.

Blizz literally just ran out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Blood elves always had warriors. You just couldn't play them till now since in BC everybody had at most 6 classes.

Blizz literally just ran out of space.
    Explanation for Blood elf warriors: Spell Breakers.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can not be paladins because the light has abandoned them
    BEs took their powers from Muu'ru, even abused it in the proccess. a group of forsaken (who were once paladins) can easily join the BEs in silvermoon and use their light source to become paladins. that makes more sense than "plated warrior cows of the light"

There are not very many linoleum floors in game, I cant find fault with this argument. I am much more in favor of Dreanei warlocks however, as it seems like a similar situation the Night Elves are going through with Magi at the moment.
    Draenei already have enough classes. I don't see rogues as a fitting class for Draenei (Draenei are huge, just like Taurens, they dont learn how to hide themselves in shadows unless they want to survive in nature, or become rangers and hunt animals...and we already have Draenei hunters.

Draenei do not tolerate fel magic, and those Draeneis who practise it are no longer Draenei but Eredar such as Archimonde.

Goblins seem to force or enslave the elements to do their bidding. They do not ask, they tell. This can be gleaned from their totems, that clearly incorporate a technological aspect.
    so if they are not in any way "shamans" I don't see how the rest of the Shaman community will accept them...they abuse the elements just to add a few more coins to their pockets...psssshhhh... since BC came out blizz has really managed to screw the warcraft lore.

BEs took their powers from Muu'ru, even abused it in the proccess. a group of forsaken (who were once paladins) can easily join the BEs in silvermoon and use their light source to become paladins. that makes more sense than "plated warrior cows of the light"
    Except the Light destroys the undead. You too seem to be another person who just has a unreasonable bias towards the Tauren paladin concept.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    Except the Light destroys the undead. You too seem to be another person who just has a unreasonable bias towards the Tauren paladin concept.
    if "light" destroyed the undead why arent those forsaken in Argent Crusade destroyed yet?

why can't paladins use "turn undead" and such on forsakens?

Forsaken are dead, doesn't mean they are evil.(and somehow they are not undead but something in between, they are not the mindless undead Scourge has, they have will and are not "bound" to obey anyone.) Draenei are demons, but they are not the evil types.

and yes, holy beef sux, get used to it.