Poll: Which class combos DON'T make sense?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett View Post
    I am not going to say that any of the new class/race combos are THAT far fetched, however I will say that some were not the better options. The Tauren paladin is the one that I see most of the complaints with. Blood Elves draw their power from the Sunwell, the Tauren draws it's from the sun god. that is the given explanation. I for one think that the Undead would have been a better candidate for the paladin simply because they were at one time human, then again... undead paladin = DK?

The blow may have been softer however if the Tauren was able to roll a priest from the beginning. the priest draws it's energy from the holy light as does a paladin and early concept art showed the Tauren as a priest having race. Honestly, I see the plot holes, but at the same time, I can see the justification as well. IMO, less QQ more Pew Pew.
    Something tells me an Undead Paladin wouldn't enjoy 1) healing. [which also leads to the fact that undead can only technically be shadow priests, they're only capable of disc and holy 'cause they had to. As far as I know.] 2) I think they'd have a problem casting exorcism or turn evil.

Edit: but yeah. Out of all the new class combos, Tauren Priest takes the cake. What exactly are they drawing this power from? Surely not the same one they use for Paladins.

Otherwise it's Undead Priests.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Did they fix the new class combos?

Since I'm one of the only two Tauren Paladins 80+ I think we fit in quite nicely! I love the unique Tauren Paladin kodos and once you see the character in action I think the class/race combo makes sense. Is it the perfect choice? Perhaps not..but it is an entertaining and interesting one.

Bovine > divine storm....

Pretty much anything aside from the fact dwarves finally get mages back and shamans made no sense to me. Given that I spent months laughing at the fact that belfs had paladins because they had a shiney Christmas artifact locked in the basement I can't really get over the retbulls thing any time soon. The winner however is troll druids after seeing the forms nearly blinded me.

Of all things I'm still trying to work out why trolls had mages and not warlocks in the first place but eh. My vote would still be to have draenei rogues.

You should ad the "they all make sence" option. Because I seriously see it that way.
    There are tweaks and twists within the lore that turnes this whole mix into sence, atleast for me.

Goblin Shaman's make perfect sense whoever voted that they don't is daft. Haven't you guys heard of the Venture Co., all of the goblins down there in STV shoot lightning bolts, I am 100% sure that is a Shaman ability.

I voted for Holy Cows, the phrase "Holy Cow" makes more sense then they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    Some of the Class/Race combinations don't make any sense, and some are unfair. If you noticed, Draenei didn't get anything new, but they evenly have 44 different combination between Horde/Alliance. Regardless of your faction, what Class combinations do you find to be a bad idea? Which ones don't make any sense at all? I'm going to post 10 options (max amount) with multiple choice, because a lot of these aren't right...

Just sifted through about 5 pages and couldn't find a topic like this so here it is.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/catac...trix_en_US.jpg

Some of the current class combos that I don't agree with:

Troll Priest
    Orc Rogue
    Tauren Druid
    Night Elf Warrior
    Gnome Warrior
    er whats wrong with Tauren Druid?

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen priests and mages make perfect sense...they're humans...humans can be both...Gilneans had reps from the mage class at Dalaran...Arugal, in fact, a Dalaran Mage, was Gilnean...

I guess I can understand Dwarf Shamans now, sorry Mangi...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    who cares? horde got 1 more option...
    all of theese combos are understandable, except for the orc mage, we havent seen any orc mages dating back in history... their warlocks evolved from shamans, not from mages... i dont see it happen.
    Maybe their mages evolved from shamans too or even warlocks. Just because they couldn't always do it before doesn't mean there weren't others trying to prove them wrong. Just goes to show study hard and eat your wheaties and you can become whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabitharan View Post
    Maybe their mages evolved from shamans too or even warlocks. Just because they couldn't always do it before doesn't mean there weren't others trying to prove them wrong. Just goes to show study hard and eat your wheaties and you can become whatever you want.
    That's the problem though, every new class combination they came up with, the excuse for them could apply to ANY of the races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf Shaman and Worgen Priest seem weird to me.... not sure why
    Markro - Arthas US PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    That's the problem though, every new class combination they came up with, the excuse for them could apply to ANY of the races.
    It does and I for one am a firm believer that any race could be any class, but there has to be some point where the developers put their foot down to keep things interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    King Llane would have something to say about this, were he not murdered by an orc rogue.
    They are just a bit more muscular than your average human, they can still be quite stealthy and dexterous.
    Incorrect, he was killed by a half orc-half dreanei.
    And if you read lore they really aren't described as "a bit more muscular", that might be how they look in game, but lore from the book "Rise of the Horde" clearly states that the only reason the orcs and human match in combat is because everything the orcs lack in skill, which is a lot, they make up for in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can RP yourself up a reason for any race/class combo if you try, granted it may be unorthadox or uncommon, but player characters/adventurers are pretty much oddball freaks in one way or another lorewise anyway.

It makes perfect sense to me to say that the vast majority of goblins would not choose to be priests, but sometimes the light chooses a goblin.

The race/class combo I'm most worried about right now is gnome/priest, if gnomes go live with their bonus 5% mana intact, then that means a gnome priest can heal 5% longer before going OOM; you are going to see a whole lot of people changing their priests to gnomes.

I imagine once they get everyone's money from those transfers they will use it to pay a developer to nerf it to +5% base mana, similar to the stam bonus that Taurens currently get... The Tauren tank issue was only really a PVE issue, but the +5% mana is going to cause quite a stir with the PVP kids as well... if priest healers are ever considered "good" in arena again anyway.