Thread: Cata PvE

10+ Year Old Account

Cata PvE

I know it is still maybe too early to call anything, but what seems to be the tree with the biggest PVE boost in cata? I haven't been able to find a whole lot and I am wondering if MM is going to stay the top, or if anyone knows the possibility of the new top tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sec I'll go log into Cata right now and find out for you.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia View Post
    Sec I'll go log into Cata right now and find out for you.
    Exactly.

OP: We are only in the Alpha stages of Cataclysm, and even once we get to see our shiny new talents there will still be lots of overhauling.

OT: I hope Beast Mastery becomes a viable DPS spec again, at least for a bit.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Only hope that Beast Mastery becomes useful. But we should have Steady DPS without the need to Viper... actually, I'll kind of miss Viper, because it is the only thing that made Hunter Rotation less dull, having keeping a eye on your mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Only hope that Beast Mastery becomes useful. But we should have Steady DPS without the need to Viper... actually, I'll kind of miss Viper, because it is the only thing that made Hunter Rotation less dull, having keeping a eye on your mana.

and that cobra shot would be getting a boost from BM ultimately replacing steady shot(if i remember correctly) although cobra shot could be scrapped along the beta of course, still i loved dpsing as BM in tbc and would totally love to have it as a viable for raiding again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aendos.Silvermoon View Post
    I sure hope not. Bashing 1 button got boring fast.
    So delicious!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly.

OP: We are only in the Alpha stages of Cataclysm, and even once we get to see our shiny new talents there will still be lots of overhauling.

Screw "for a bit". Hopefully with Mastery, they can make all trees viable and equal. I really like the BM playstyle (Honestly, it's entirely because of Bestial Wrath..ha) and would raid as it if it were actually viable.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm kind of hoping for BM to not be the lolz...I love raiding as MM but it's kind of old with EVERY hunter being MM for raids...if they are good anyway

PvE Boost: Probably BM, as it will be able to take more from the MM/SV trees.

Overall, dont get your hopes up for "massive" dps boosts as hunters are already at the top of the table when it comes to dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they Balance it well. I realy like MM, But like to play around with BM aswell. atm im MM/surv tho, because i use(d) surv for BG's, and for some fights where we needed replenishment, or faction champs when we could use the extra CC. But i don't do that anymore, so maybe i should make a BM build again, for some solo'ing. And to be able to see my exotic pets again .

10+ Year Old Account
    @Baganzai: Yeah I definitely agree with you...I am Surv for PvP but I dont really PvP on my hunter so I would like to drop it and play pokemon with BM if it wasn't a complete waste of time...Really hoping that the NDA will be lifted soon and I can play around with the different builds and what not.

Exactly.

But it is....somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piggyworld View Post
    I sure hope not. Bashing 1 button got boring fast.
    That's the case now, but sans ArP, Arcane comes back into the rotation, so you get a 5 button priority. Woo hoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Beast Mastery becomes a viable DPS spec again, at least for a bit.
    It's viable now, as in properly played a BM hunter can pull their own weight.

Is it optimal? No. The only optimal spec is MM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    It's viable now, as in properly played a BM hunter can pull their own weight.

Is it optimal? No. The only optimal spec is MM.
    It's not viable if you're doing serious raiding, and that's what we mean when we say "viable". It may be "viable" in 5-man randoms, but if you're in something where DPS matters, then no BM is not viable.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    It's not viable if you're doing serious raiding, and that's what we mean when we say "viable". It may be "viable" in 5-man randoms, but if you're in something where DPS matters, then no BM is not viable.
    If that's the case, the same must also be said about Survival, since MM is ahead of that spec also.

As for the "buff" argument, consider that each spec's buff (FI for BM, Replenishment for Survival, and TSA for MM), are all overwritten by one or more classes.

A better term would be optimal, which leaves only one spec for max DPS, which is MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree about the buffs, it always bugged me that the only tools I brought to my raids were frost trap, kiting, and my ballin' dps. At that point, what keeps me from being replaced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    I have to agree about the buffs, it always bugged me that the only tools I brought to my raids were frost trap, kiting, and my ballin' dps. At that point, what keeps me from being replaced?
    Only thing that comes to mind atm (getting tired) would be situations like Enraged Shambling Horrors on the LK fight, tranq shot works wonders there.