Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Applications YOU cant live without as paladin

What addons would you say is "THE" addon you cant live without?

Dont add in Pallypower!

Please state the addon like this:

HOLY/RETRI/PROT: (Name of addon and what it does, and please a link aswell)

The addon i cant live without right now is:

RETRI: Faceroller Retpala, keep tracks of your rotations: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...etPaladin.html
    Last edited by Sharped; 2010-06-28 at 10:27 AM. Reason: changed application to addon, sorry bit confused here at work :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, i'm going to use that add-on

application would be rawr

what you are talking about is called addons ...
    in don't have addons for retri or prot that i can't live without but for holy it would be grid

and if you need faceroller to play ret properly you really really suck ...

HOLY: Grid + GridSideIcons + GridRaidIcons + Mouseovermacros

Grid + these very small additions lets you keep track of your mates' Healthbars, lets you see who has what Raidicon over his head (Live- and timesaver in bossfights) and with the sideicons I can see my buffs (including their lifetime) and dispellable debuffs (including their lifetime) all at once. Mouseovermacros are just my convenience since I like to hover over the Unitframes of the raidmembers rather than clicking on them (i want to have the Boss/mob selected all the time).

I would never ever leave home without it and could (apart from a bossmod) very well go without every other addon.

EDIT: I am not allowed to post any links, so if someone could help me out on that one

honestly no specific pally add ons i cant lvie w/o for any spec lol, addons liek faceroller that tell you what to use next r fail

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr View Post
    honestly no specific pally add ons i cant lvie w/o for any spec lol, addons liek faceroller that tell you what to use next r fail
    People that can't spell properly are fail

Grid+Clique for Holy

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    I haven't used any addons during WOTLK, except for GS to keep track of my own GS, as some people seem to care about that so much...

Don't think I used anything else than pally power during TBC either, and none in Vanilla. Being a holy pally that is.

I'm just used to playing without addons. For a while I tried playing with addons, but I sucked and didn't really enjoy using them. Sometimes I've been forced to use something by guildmasters etc once they have found out I'm not using anything, I've just lied that I'm using them from that point on.

Of course some people like them and play better using them : )

And no, even if you think so, they are not required to be succesful ICC25HC.
    Id love to see how you keep track of all your timers, other peoples debuffs, etc.(Boss skills are easy to track lulz :P)

OT:Holy:Grid(and all its add-ons[no pun intended]) and clcbpt(for keeping track of timers like beacon, SS, JoTP)
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

I R Fail i know, but i just dinged 80 with my paladin, and to keep track on the rotations right now is a bit tricky imo, and i cant seem to find and addon to announce when exorcism CD is off so i can use it with Art of War, so iam mostly using the addon to announce that.

I used to have an addon on my old warrior to announce certain Cooldowns and such, but i just cant seem to find the name of the addon anymore so had to throw in something else..

Holy: DXE, VuhDo
    Ret: DXE

That's about it. Everything else is just for convenience.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
    application would be rawr
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
    and if you need faceroller to play ret properly you really really suck ...
    and this

ALL: World of Warcraft, it's an addon for my computer >.>

But no, no addons I can't live without. Once upon a time I would have said CTraid and Decursive, but one comes as standard now and the others not as good (I Spam one button to dispel whole raid!).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post

Whats DXE? Couldnt find it on curse..

As I said, you have used addons for so long you can't really manage without them anymore. I've played without them from the start, and learned to manage without.

For my own ability timers, I've just learned to know when they run out etc. Routine. I also use the classic raid UI, which shows enough of debuffs and stuff. For healing I just select the person normally and spam the keybindings.

I do have a few macros to help with it, but still.

For instance, I've usually got macroed BoL on some specific target, and a panic button to /target & heal the MT quickly with whatever CD is ready and if not, just normal holy light.

I did try to learn some addons, specially healing ones, but I ended up doing worse than without..
    Well, maybe this is more of a healer thing then, but as a prot/ret paladin I cannot keep track of who to dispel without decursive.
    Any other mod would apply, but this pretty much. Especially on debuff heavy fights like faction champions of valithria I would NOT know who to dispel and why I would want to do this.

As a tank I cannot live without omen. Threat is your second highest priority as a tank and without omen you're just guessing which mob needs more hits and which doesn't. It also allows you to pick out a DPS to salv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    This perhaps
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ncounters.aspx

The only one I couldn't live without would be.. None. Addons are merely there to give me a better overview on what I'm doing. If I can't play without them then I can't play at all.
    Hi

Holy: Some form of healing setup. Currently I use Vuhdo, but I could use Healbot, or Clique + any raid frame addon just as well. I also find some sort of timer addon to track BoL + SS useful.
    Protection: Nothing really jumps out here.... some things to make life easier, but nothing I couldn't live without.
    Ret: Again, nothing really jumped out here; I set up a power aura to indicate when I had an Art of War proc ready, but I found that I didn't really need it in the end.

I do use OmniCC to help track cooldowns on my action bar... even keybiding things, I prefer to have my action bars highly visible as if I were going to click them. I also make heavy use of bartender and other addons to customize my UI, but I'm not positive those are necessities in the way you're talking about them.... and they aren't paladin specific anyways.

Oh, and pally power comes nowhere near my system. Ever.

As I said, you have used addons for so long you can't really manage without them anymore. I've played without them from the start, and learned to manage without.

For my own ability timers, I've just learned to know when they run out etc. Routine. I also use the classic raid UI, which shows enough of debuffs and stuff. For healing I just select the person normally and spam the keybindings.
    It's not about "managing without", it's about making up for the failings of the default UI. ESPECIALLY as a paladin, I can function with the "classic" interface, but it is nothing but constricting. Every time you judge, you target an enemy... with Clique or Vuhdo, I don't have to target a raid member to heal them. The information is actually displayed in a logical fashion, one which displays the information in a useful and easily readable manner. Can you do without this? Yes; hell, once my game crashed mid-fight, and my addons wouldn't load properly in combat, so I healed the second half of deathbringer saurfang by casting from my spellbook and targeting people by manually clicking the person on the field, or by targeting off the boss's target. It worked; that doesn't make it a good idea.

The default interface is functional, and can be used. But it will never be as efficient as an addon that actually gives you the available information in a logical fashion, which is why so many healers use such addons. *shrug* That is just my opinion, however. I did used to heal like you describe... I switched early on in WotLK, and haven't looked back since (I've healed in one form or another since classic, and I've raid healed since TBC).

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Oh, and pally power comes nowhere near my system. Ever.
    care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    One of the better boss mods out there, in my opinion it's substantially better than DBM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    As a protection paladin I cannot live without grid... or Pallypower.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post

If I was only allowed to have one addon it would definitely be DXE.

It doesn't matter how pro you think you are. If no one in your raid used any addons, you wouldn't get very far at all. You may not be using them, but if you're in a raid on a voice chat server and you hear someone calling out a cooldown... they are. Indirectly you are using addons too.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-06-28 at 01:55 PM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    I've recently gotten DXE, I am used to DBM but I can tell that once I figure out everything for DXE, that it is a superior mod.

Basically the most important mod for me as Prot and Ret are my boss timers. Being able to see a few seconds ahead is crucial for tanking CDs, DSac, taunts, etc.

DXE is my timer mod, so that would be the one I have to have.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.