My laptop went boom. Need new one.

As title says my laptop went kaboom. And I'm planning on buying a new one.
    I just dont know lot about computers so i come here and ask you guys, what requirements is there on a (laptop) computer so i could play WoW with full graphic settings or almost full settings?

Things that i usually do with my laptop is: Chat with friends, watch some movies and play WoW, so not mutch extra features or anything needed.

Phoboz sits down in a corner waiting for help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Phoboz; 2010-06-28 at 10:27 AM.

Do you really need need laptop? If not, don't buy one.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Yarr, I like to sit outside and play and stuff so thats why laptop :P

Laptop which can run games decently will drain battery in about 60-90min, that really worth it?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

There's a new invention...You can actually recharge your battery...O_o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadem View Post
    There's a new invention...You can actually recharge your battery...O_o
    I believe his point was that you only get 60-90 minutes of battery life before having to tether yourself to a power cable. Once a laptop is tethered to a power cable, you might as well be playing on a desktop. Laptops are terrible price per performance for games. Unless you have a real reason to get one (traveling business person, military, etc), you're almost always better of investing in a desktop for any game of substance.

you can actually run wow decent through 5-man content on a standard 10.1" netbook.
    so that's your cheapest option

I dont need more than 30-90min. And i dont play a lot so its not actually for gaming purposes. Mostly chatting with friends and movies and stuff. And sometimes WoW. With okay + graphical settings. I hate FPS lag

Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    you can actually run wow decent through 5-man content on a standard 10.1" netbook.
    so that's your cheapest option
    5-man content is content only on the broadest definition. Most players frequenting this forum curses when they 'have' to do 5-man content for daily frosties. If the PC (be it laptop or desktop) cant run 25-man raids at 720p screen size minimum with 10fps and most video options turned off, I call it totally worthless for WoW, and every single netbook will fall into that category. Even 720p and low graphics is something I'd do only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoboz View Post
    I dont need more than 30-90min. And i dont play a lot so its not actually for gaming purposes. Mostly chatting with friends and movies and stuff. And sometimes WoW. With okay + graphical settings. I hate FPS lag
    If money is not too big concern, you should get Macbook or preferably PowerBook. Those have really good battery life considering the raw CPU power for WoW. If you just want cheap/usable laptop for casual stuff, Acer and Asus sell plenty of decent gaming hardware. Just get a model with 16"+ screen, i5 CPU and discrete graphics card with at least 512M of non-shared RAM, and it'll be fine.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    If money is not too big concern, you should get Macbook or preferably PowerBook. Those have really good battery life considering the raw CPU power for WoW. If you just want cheap/usable laptop for casual stuff, Acer and Asus sell plenty of decent gaming hardware. Just get a model with 16"+ screen, i5 CPU and discrete graphics card with at least 512M of non-shared RAM, and it'll be fine.

Remember 'cheap' is relative and used very broadly there. Decent gaming laptop like for example this Asus costs around $1500. But compared to $2500-3000 you need to sink on PowerBook it's cheap. Anything below $1K pricetag is borderline for gaming purposes.
    Trolling should be.