Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Warriors are the most broken class in PvP at the moment, and that's because of armor penetration and PvE-gear (especially with retarded weapons like Shadowmourne). I understand it's frustrating that warriors are so gear dependant that you feel useless with full honor gear and whatnot, but think about it if they balanced warriors to be good with that gear. They would wreck even more balls with top-end PvE gear, let alone with shadowmourne. So, they can't balance warriors properly atm.

PvE is also a reason why so many classes deal so absurd damage. If they nerf their damage, they at the same time nerf their damage in PvE, wich they don't want to. So, any drastic nerfs to damage dealers are pretty no-go, as you have seen during this expansion.

MS is also broken effect. 50% is way too much to balance properly, so it's no wonder they are going to change it in cataclysm. They are also getting rid of arp and making warriors scale... well, more wise would be a good wording I guess. So there is nothing to cry about, really. They are only making this game, and especially warriors, better in the future.

Stop your whining, try playing a ret pally we've gotten 2 complete revamps since wotlk we have to learn how to play a new style once a year, if you are crying at "oh nos my debuffs get nerfed wut tew do" It's not like ret pally vindication was reduced from 20% all stats to 10% health to now AP reducer. The fact of the matter is classes will always get changed to keep things a new and in there eyes balanced. Getting one thing nerfed generally means you get another buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Warriors are the most broken class in PvP at the moment, and that's because of armor penetration and PvE-gear (especially with retarded weapons like Shadowmourne). I understand it's frustrating that warriors are so gear dependant that you feel useless with full honor gear and whatnot, but think about it if they balanced warriors to be good with that gear. They would wreck even more balls with top-end PvE gear, let alone with shadowmourne. So, they can't balance warriors properly atm.

PvE is also a reason why so many classes deal so absurd damage. If they nerf their damage, they at the same time nerf their damage in PvE, wich they don't want to. So, any drastic nerfs to damage dealers are pretty no-go, as you have seen during this expansion.

MS is also broken effect. 50% is way too much to balance properly, so it's no wonder they are going to change it in cataclysm. They are also getting rid of arp and making warriors scale... well, more wise would be a good wording I guess. So there is nothing to cry about, really. They are only making this game, and especially warriors, better in the future.
    Well apart from the two handfuls of warriors using shadowmourne to PvP, the rest of the population is subject to nerfs that further impact us into the fecal matter know as pvp.

---------- Post added 2010-06-28 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tartcart View Post
    Stop your whining, try playing a ret pally we've gotten 2 complete revamps since wotlk we have to learn how to play a new style once a year, if you are crying at "oh nos my debuffs get nerfed wut tew do" It's not like ret pally vindication was reduced from 20% all stats to 10% health to now AP reducer. The fact of the matter is classes will always get changed to keep things a new and in there eyes balanced. Getting one thing nerfed generally means you get another buffed.
    So youre mad that ret is actually viable and can pvp and dps (lol) now? You didnt have to learn anything new beside, hit 4 buttons>3.

20% stat reduction was absurd

and getting one thing nerfed as a warrior, has never, ever, ever, ever, ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever, once, resulted in buff.

Infact, getting one buff, results in 2 nerfs.

Nothing we've recieved in wrath has survived the nerf bat, every single ability and most talents have been smacked around atleast once.
    Last edited by Galvangar; 2010-06-28 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar View Post
    Well apart from the two handfuls of warriors using shadowmourne to PvP, the rest of the population is subject to nerfs that further impact us into the fecal matter know as pvp.
    While that's sort of true, warriors are still beasts with proper amount of arp and good weapon - and that's not even uncommon.

But you are right, it's retarded how hard warriors are to balance. Luckily, Blizzard is going to fix this in the future. Don't lose your sleep just yet

warriors are just fine in pvp if your name is veev or hoodrych.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    While that's sort of true, warriors are still beasts with proper amount of arp and good weapon - and that's not even uncommon.

But you are right, it's retarded how hard warriors are to balance. Luckily, Blizzard is going to fix this in the future. Don't lose your sleep just yet
    Its not hard to balance them, its just been done wrong so many times.

---------- Post added 2010-06-28 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    warriors are just fine in pvp if your name is veev or hoodrych.
    These 2 are the pinky and ring finger of the left hand.

Name the other 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP sucks.

Deleted
    Please enlighten me, I'm curious. How would you balance warriors without facing the same problems warriors have atm?

If Blizzard balances warriors around top end PvE-gear, they will be useless in PvP if you don't PvE. If they do it the other way around... Well, you are going to be something even Chuck Norris envies with your dragon-slaying gear. There is no golden middle-road because PvP gear and PvE gear has so different kind of stats. And if they do make the stats more in lane (arp to PvP gear etc) we will be facing the same problems we had in TBC, and Blizzard has said many times that's something they don't want (for a damn good reason).

---------- Post added 2010-06-28 at 01:21 PM ----------

These 2 are the pinky and ring finger of the left hand.

Name the other 8.
    It was a bit of sarcasm, truthfully the big problem is that warriors are more latency dependent than any class by far if you are skilled. This is why so often a warriors can stance dance and pummel or reflect and have it go on cd but be in cc anyway. Also for people getting blown up you should know where your dstance key is and always have an intervene out of los if facing wiz cleave. And rogues just suck.

So youre mad that ret is actually viable and can pvp and dps (lol) now? You didnt have to learn anything new beside, hit 4 buttons hurr Dee durr!
    Hmm, a warrior saying ret is viable while also saying warriors have had it hard....yeah QQ harder. Ret is a joke in almost anything over 2k. (Doubt you've been there) While warrior are very very strong in arena. How is it you've been nerfed sooo badly yet you've been prevalent almost every season! Please,
    move along with your furious gear and Tyrannical beheader.

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Babies View Post
    Hmm, a warrior saying ret is viable while also saying warriors have had it hard....yeah QQ harder. Ret is a joke in almost anything over 2k. (Doubt you've been there) While warrior are very very strong in arena. How is it you've been nerfed sooo badly yet you've been prevalent almost every season! Please,
    move along with your furious gear and Tyrannical beheader.

Ret is incredibly strong in pvp.....if they spec prot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The general rule that we all can rely on: Ghostcrawler always hates the class that YOU play.

I always though GC played warrior though. Wasn't that why he changed totems to the physical school so his shaman partner could keep spamming WF totem while silenced back in s3?

lol have you even seen the cata changes warriors are getting?
    sooo OP in the current alpha build.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

soooo i think people arent seeing sumthing. warriors, yes, are amazing with high levels of gear because GC and the rest of the dev team is high 24/7 and cant make our class right. they look at imba warriors with full wrathfull and pve 277 gear and think "OMFG hes too OP everyother warrior in lesser gear.... wait no...nah were right. everyother warrior in worse gear must be as good. noo.. in shit gear we are pretty fine the dmg is the same as everyone elses and tbh after we Lolstorm as some of you call it were the CCed bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by GISP View Post
    lol have you even seen the cata changes warriors are getting?
    sooo OP in the current alpha build.
    We're getting another distance closer that shares a CD with either charge or itnercept.

A weak bleed

and damage nerf.

You realize the first half of that quote was GC quoting another poster right? GC didn't say warriors were OP. He didn't say that MS needed a nerf. He said that even if it did need nerfing they couldn't nerf it without also nerfing healing.

How hard is that to understand?

So basically he's saying that MS may or may not be OP but that it's not something they can fix even it if is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    The general rule that we all can rely on: Ghostcrawler always hates the class that YOU play.
    I thought the rule was: Ghostcrawler hates YOU personally, and will screw with your class to show it.

This Video tells you what classes Ghostcrawler does and doesn't like. (Audio NSFW)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesshern View Post
    Because, much as they will flame me and never admit this, most "serious" PVPers make a point of playing overpowered classes and compositions, seriously the amount of times these "hardcore" PVPers reroll each season is just amusing, they cry because if their little toy gets nerfed so they cant use it as a crutch they have to reroll again....

Those people with decent ratings every season on the same char are the proper PVPers, these FOTM rerollers are the ones who constantly cry about overything. A skilled player can take anything to be Gladiator worthy, the rest just relentlessly reroll so they can feel good about themselves... (S3/S4 Resto druids are an amazing example, LOLDKS in S5/S6, Holy Palas most of WOTLK etc etc)

this is the Arena meta game when it comes down to the wire. fotm rerolling is nothing compared to Hide and Seek! pretty laughable its blizzard's baby...

http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/Wo...dra-TR-Footage