Thread: Dk pvp macros

  1. #1

    Dk pvp macros

    Finally decided to take a character fully into pvp. and I chose my DK, whose currently a orc in not so great gear (so i dont expect much but to get facerolled, but i digress)

    Im looking for pvp macros and quality of life macros that would still be usefull in pvp.

    Basically i want to slim down my UI as much as possible so i dont have different buttons to click when i could click ONE button and get the job done, example would be the deathgrip/chains of ice macro that casts deathgrip but if its on cd it casts chains of ice. so i dont have to take up two action bars.

    same deal with strangulate/mind freeze.

    Thats what im mainly looking for, macros that combine multiple abilities on one button, but with modifiers so they are used when they are needed.

    Also some focus macros would be great, thats my biggest downside to pvp is i have such little knowledge and experience utilizing focus macros.

  2. #2
    High Overlord Kayvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    189
    make a macro that do x when y is on cooldown is impossible, you actually have to play the game

  3. #3
    /cast deathgrip
    /cast chain of ice

    Should work... If DG is on CD you will cast chain of ice

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Imdownhere View Post
    /cast deathgrip
    /cast chain of ice

    Should work... If DG is on CD you will cast chain of ice
    I should rephrase, i already have that macro, what im looking for is others. as for the OP, its not like im asking for a cast sequence, i just dont want to deal with upteen different buttons.

    Also it seems like it would be possible for a macro that prioritized. It casts x first, if x is on cd its casts y. but i dont know that much about macros either.

    just looking for pvp macros in general, trying to get a good start on it so im not trying to mouseclick my moves.

  5. #5
    Well if it's arena you're going to do, macroing mindfreeze and strangulate or dg and coi to one button would be totally insane.

    http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=147331 some useful tips here.

    As for focus macros, /cast [target=focus] Death Grip and /cast [target=focus] Strangulate

  6. #6
    I'd imagine it'd be difficult to PvP with macros like that, Sinse its pretty my totally situational and there will be times where you wish your Strangulate was on CD but you've already popped it when a mindfreeze would have been perfect

  7. #7
    its actually BG's, i never liked arena, and stopped pvping in tbc when it came out cuz it just didnt give me the same rush.

  8. #8
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift] Strangulate; Mind Freeze
    Will normally cast Mind Freeze. If you hold shift will cast Strangulate.

    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift] Chains of ice; Icy touch
    Will normally cast Icy Touch. If you hold shift will cast Chains of Ice.

    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift] Death Coil; Frost Strike
    Will normally cast Frost Strike. If you hold shift will cast Death Coil. (good for Frost PvP only)
    Make sure your action bar swapping keybinds are removed.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2010-06-28 at 04:22 PM.

  9. #9
    those first two should prove usefull, ty

  10. #10
    just want to say ty again for the macro examples Kumduh, those ended up being exactly what i needed. I take the frame of it and applied it to all of my skills essentially doubling what i can have on my keybinds. i have nearly all my skills keybound now sept for a few that i dont really need to be keybound

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by aether99 View Post
    to click when i could click ONE button and get the job done,


    i see the word click in your post, clickin is a nono for any melee pvp class. keyboard turnings too damn slow, youll be running in circles when someone runs right through you to get away,

  12. #12
    A quick warning beforehand, if you intend to do serious pvp (didn't read the whole thing so I don't know) then I suggest you start getting used to 30+ keybinds cause that's what it takes to be a good peeler.

    You basicly need focus macro's on: mindfreeze, deathgrip, strangulate, bloodtap + strangulate combo chains of ice, pet stun, pet autoattack, gargoyle (optional more or less)
    Then there's the normal macro's such as bloodtap+strang, DG+CoI, and the rest wich can all be googled in a split second.

    Not trying to be rude here, just showing people that dk is more then buttonsmashing LIKE ANY OTHER class in high end pvp, yes that's right, any other class. People don't faceroll to 2600+ even if they have shadowmourne or w/e.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinope777 View Post
    i see the word click in your post, clickin is a nono for any melee pvp class. keyboard turnings too damn slow, youll be running in circles when someone runs right through you to get away,
    He's talking about not having to do yoga with his hand, as the macro's presented by Kumduh represent. The clicking he is refering to is the click from using the keybinds.

    To the OP, one of the best locations I have found for PvP info is a link that was already posted, for www.arenajunkies.com

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
    A quick warning beforehand, if you intend to do serious pvp (didn't read the whole thing so I don't know) then I suggest you start getting used to 30+ keybinds cause that's what it takes to be a good peeler.

    You basicly need focus macro's on: mindfreeze, deathgrip, strangulate, bloodtap + strangulate combo chains of ice, pet stun, pet autoattack, gargoyle (optional more or less)
    Then there's the normal macro's such as bloodtap+strang, DG+CoI, and the rest wich can all be googled in a split second.

    Not trying to be rude here, just showing people that dk is more then buttonsmashing LIKE ANY OTHER class in high end pvp, yes that's right, any other class. People don't faceroll to 2600+ even if they have shadowmourne or w/e.
    ok, ive looked a bit for said focus macros, i used to do pvp when i think focus macros didnt exist (or just never new about them). so what are they and how do i use them? im a little fuzzy on what i do with "focus" in general.

  15. #15
    Usually you put focus on the healer since you will be busy peeling dpsers off your team so your companions can nuke and/or has some breathing room. I put focus 95% of the time on the healer depending on setup or how skilled they are (if I met them before etc.)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
    Usually you put focus on the healer since you will be busy peeling dpsers off your team so your companions can nuke and/or has some breathing room. I put focus 95% of the time on the healer depending on setup or how skilled they are (if I met them before etc.)
    how about focus macros in regards to random BG ques?

    as i said earlier i dont do arena, it doesnt give me the same rush. Im perfectly happy with being stuck with the furious gear and trying to get a bryntroll from ICC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •