Is it just my guild or others?

Currently quickly progressing through ICC 25 HC atm, nearly got putri HC down but for some reason we have countless wipes whenever we touch sindragosa 25 normal!! Is this just my guild or is this boss a major nuisance for others aswell? We do get her down, dont get me wrong but it takes alot loonger than it should.

10+ Year Old Account
    just your i think
    ....................................................................................

My 10 man had numerous wipes on her but we now can farm her. Its one thing to know the fight but you really have to "know" the fight to get them to farm status. Have not done it on 25 man so I can't speak about that encounter yet.

Well whats the problem? People getting hit too much in air phase? People stacking their melee/caster debuffs to high? People not clearing their magic buffet stacks in the last phase?

For sind HM all these things are important and failing at either one of them will wipe your raid. The only 2 differences is 1 extra ice block during air phase and the caster debuff does aoe damage when it's done. Other then that all the numbers are just higher. Everything hits harder and things like frost bombs in air phase will 1 shot anyone. Perfecting your strategy in NM is key before you even attempt HM.

If you can go HM Putri you can do HM sind, from what I've heard and experienced, Putri is harder.

Quote Originally Posted by deathmandanz View Post
    Currently quickly progressing through ICC 25 HC atm, nearly got putri HC down but for some reason we have countless wipes whenever we touch sindragosa 25 normal!! Is this just my guild or is this boss a major nuisance for others aswell? We do get her down, dont get me wrong but it takes alot loonger than it should.
    Yeah my guilds hung up there right now too.

It really only takes 1 person to goof up to wipe it. We get to phase 2 pretty flawlessly now but in phase 2 it doesn't take much. We're currently working on getting people to pick up some frost resist gear. (for DPs you can often find the cloth and leather ones for fairly cheap, and its itemized the same, and only the tanks take physical damage there. The players that have done so already are definately seeing a significant improvement in survivability. (It is a survivability fight after all, 38 mil health Isn't much for an ICC boss.

Like blood princes stam trinkets on dps would probably help too. That way it gives the healers a little bit more time to get to you.

The main issue seems to be with coordinating ice tombs in phase 2. They seem to either go down too fast or too slow, so there's sort of a balance you have to get used to there. I think it would probably help to have melee constantly on ice tombs and ranged doing peekaboo dps from behind them.

Also getting all players to minimize lag in what ever way possible. (no msn or torrents or anything in the background.) absolutely minimal addons would also help. Because all it takes in phase 2 is one person to have a lag spike when they get the frost tomb and welcome to wipesville.

But yeah we're still working on all that. but for sure i think tonight we are going to down some farm bosses and then spend an hour banging our heads against her. I believe tonight we are enforcing manditory minimum 1 piece of frost resist gear and see if that helps at all.

That's pretty much your guild, i'm guessing. Nothing hard about sindra 25 normal, really nothing.

Yikes, stam trinkets and FR gear? No way Jose. Have everyone stack up on the back legs right before phase 2 starts, ice block runs to the front leg. Everyone runs to front leg behind block to reset stacks, ice block runs to back leg. Rinse and repeat.

For the blocks, just stick 2 melee dps on them full time, 1 more dps to switch to blocks after blistering cold or if one of the dps assinged to blocks gets blocked.

Have your dps clear stacks with every ice block, with the 25% buff you will still have enough time to kill the boss.

You should never have a strategy that revolves around people getting disconnected. If it's that bad they shouldn't be raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have people in your guild with some lagg the aoe pull/damage thing is quite painfull

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    If you have people in your guild with some lagg the aoe pull/damage thing is quite painfull
    That really isn't a problem if you just cast slow/curse of tongues on Sindy right before he does it.
    Even on dial up you can get out and go afk for a bio.

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    That really isn't a problem if you just cast slow/curse of tongues on Sindy right before he does it.
    Even on dial up you can get out and go afk for a bio.
    0.o That works?

sorry for the retarded question, honestly did not know that (and we have heroic 25 kills on her too >.<)

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyenrith View Post
    0.o That works?

sorry for the retarded question, honestly did not know that (and we have heroic 25 kills on her too >.<)
    Yes it does, it makes it much easier and one less thing to worry about during the fight.
    We just appoint one lock to cast it 5 seconds before Sindy casts his pull, with a backup lock in case he dies to something stupid.
    Mostly use locks since we never seem to have our arcane mages to have slow in their builds.