Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    All DK's need Death's Choice..

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    QFT

Ill bet 10g that the OP is they type who gets carried through most of anything, in obvious welfare gear, and isnt that far into ICC. I say this because 9 times out of 10 anyone who thinks GS is the god chosen addon to find who is the shit at anything is like that.

p.s. this thread is new and interesting...
    I NEVER said that GS is " the god chosen addon" If you would've actually read my post, I said that GS is a crap addon because of the way players are using it. And, like it or not, it's part of the game now, and we CAN'T change that, even if we wanted to. And FYI, before I stopped playing ( which was like 1 month ago ) I had 7 / 12 ICC25 HC, so yeah, I had decent progress in ICC HM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    saelthos the issue is, in the example given..the poster is wanting to bring people who outgear the content so they can get items/badges. They might as well say lfboost ToC10 please.
    True enough. What it comes down to in this case is how they're advertising the raid they're putting together. If he's just asking for people to come to ToC, he should expect a fair number of replies from people looking for gear. However, if he clearly advertises that he's trying to put together a run for quick emblems/money/whatever, he is making it very clear that he is not looking to gear anyone up. While it may be disappointing to those folks looking for a ToC pug to gear out of, the OP still has the right to distinguish. That is of course unless he's in quest blues and greens and looking for some high level folks to carry his ass through ToC >>; In such a case, he's a silly goose ^.^

P.S. Apologies for my walls of text. Please don't tell Reagan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

stop bitching about people bitching about gs

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoic View Post
    Wrong.
    My Ret pally is 5820gs and I, sadly, STILL need DV from Twins in ToC25.
    And caster's probably still want Reign of the Unliving.
    Healers want Solace of the Defeated.
    Tanks want Satrina's Impeding Scarab.

All, whether they have 5.8k gearscore or not....they are still sought after by many classes.
    gg.
    You answered to the wrong person xD

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    I seriously hope ppl get banned, we don't need 50 gs threads a day.
    This. Was it REALLY necessary to make another gs thread when there is currently a 26 page one active right now?

So you basically want to be carried and just use other players as a tool to get what you want, with no concern for them?

You sound like a nice player.

10+ Year Old Account
    A GS Post!
    I like how GS really shows how good you are...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmad View Post
    2 minutes before I've made this thread, I saw another one, in which the OP was screaming and shouting because he got kicked from a naxx10 group for not having 5k GS. All I'm saying is that it's normal for the raid leader to pick the guy with the BEST gear, even if it's much more than it's needed for that specific raid.

Sure, if I invite a mage with 6k GS and I see him in PvP gear, gemmed with resilience and stamina, ofc I'll kick him and invite another player, who might have 4k GS, but has PvE gear enchanted / gemmed as it should
    if a RL wants 5k+ gs for naxx 10 the RL is a dumbass, but he is still the RL so if you don't like his rules don't run with him.

Stop assuming that I " want to be carried" The point is that I DO NOT WANT TO CARRY OTHER PEOPLE! Since this is a GS thread, I'll say what my character's GS was before I quited: 6001. So no, it's not a single boss fight in which I'd be carried. My point is that I don't want to carry other ppl, and maybe more players think the same, so that's why they ask 5,5k GS for ToC10. Because they wanna finish it in 25 minutes instead of 32. And since I see people bitching because they got kicked from god-knows-what-raid, I made this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    if a RL wants 5k+ gs for naxx 10 the RL is a dumbass, but he is still the RL so if you don't like his rules don't run with him.

I might have read the OP incorrectly but I don't think that he's saying that he wont take someone with under a 5300 GS to naxx, he's saying that if 2 people whisper him and one has a 5300+ GS and the other has a 4500 GS he will obviously pick the 5300; i don't think he's saying that he will take only people with 5300 GS to naxx 10. (but then again I might be wrong >.<)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

I NEVER said that GS is " the god chosen addon" If you would've actually read my post, I said that GS is a crap addon because of the way players are using it. And, like it or not, it's part of the game now, and we CAN'T change that, even if we wanted to. And FYI, before I stopped playing ( which was like 1 month ago ) I had 7 / 12 ICC25 HC, so yeah, I had decent progress in ICC HM's.
    Link armory, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyre View Post
    I might have read the OP incorrectly but I don't think that he's saying that he wont take someone with under a 5300 GS to naxx, he's saying that if 2 people whisper him and one has a 5300+ GS and the other has a 4500 GS he will obviously pick the 5300; i don't think he's saying that he will take only people with 5300 GS to naxx 10. (but then again I might be wrong >.<)
    That's exactly what I said in the original post. I can't stand people that are crying over the internet that they got kicked from naxx10, even if they had ulduar10 gear. It's normal to pick the guy with icc25 gear over the guy with ulduar10 gear.

OP should get brutally murdered and his corpse should be torn into pieces by dogs.

Today I habe kicked a 6k GS player to make place for a 5k GS player from a good guild.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyre View Post
    lol it was an example he used i was saying if some random RL was requiring that ridiculous of a gs for naxx 10 something is wrong

I'm sorry, you must have a 6.9k GS to post in this thread.

That's exactly what I said in the original post. I can't stand people that are crying over the internet that they got kicked from naxx10, even if they had ulduar10 gear. It's normal to pick the guy with icc25 gear over the guy with ulduar10 gear.
    It being normal doesn't make it any less stupid. If another player is in Ulduar 10 gear they STILL outgear the place. Even if my whole pug was filled with Uld 10 people for a Nax weekly and somebody else whispered me, too bad. Group is full, I don't care what the new guys gear score is we're full and on our way.

Uninstall GS and get Elitist group, a much better and functional addon that show the overall value of the player.

It calculates enchants, gems, talents it doesnt get fooled by PvP gear and you can add your own comments regarding a player

Check Tmad on Darksorrow realm for the armory, I can't post links yet.

I wiped a couple of times at BQL at 0,7%, so that's why I said that I have 7 bossed in HC Icc25. And for the guy that said he kicked a 6k GS player to make room for a 5k GS player that was from a good guild, I would've done the same. As I said in my original post, I'd never kick a guildie / friend, whatever for not having end-game gear.

---------- Post added 2010-06-28 at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    It being normal doesn't make it any less stupid. If another player is in Ulduar 10 gear they STILL outgear the place. Even if my whole pug was filled with Uld 10 people for a Nax weekly and somebody else whispered me, too bad. Group is full, I don't care what the new guys gear score is we're full and on our way.
    I don't care about weeklies. They take 10 minutes anyway, I take green-geared players in weeklies. I'm talking about a full naxx run, that takes more than 10 minutes. ( Yes, I know that full naxx runs no longer exist, but let's assume they still do)