Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because every expansion, every content patch, and any other major change kills some part of the game, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Because every expansion, every content patch, and any other major change kills some part of the game, of course.
    I love how you dare to write that, concidering the previous page..

Cataclysm's going to bring a lot of change, and i believe in Blizz to be the ones who can go through with such a major change to a popular MMO. *nod*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    This: [Yeh yeh, can't post links yet... <.<]
    Exodar and any other Naaru "spaceship" is interdimensional. It doesn't "travel" like any ordinary spaceship. Why people can't get over draenei, is beyond me. Their story is well backed up, explained and otherwise laid out in front of anyone having just a moments time to delve into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khainos View Post
    Exodar and any other Naaru "spaceship" is interdimensional. It doesn't "travel" like any ordinary spaceship. Why people can't get over draenei, is beyond me. Their story is well backed up, explained and otherwise laid out in front of anyone having just a moments time to delve into it.
    The lore for Draenei was 100% made up on the spot to suit Blizzard's vision. That's fine, I don't really care, Draenei are fine in WoW and it doesn't bother me that much. But please don't pretend that it makes sense.

And those are definitely space ships.

Warcraft lore died with World of Warcraft...

why does everyone make counter-factual generalizations?

10+ Year Old Account
    The lore for Draenei was 100% made up on the spot to suit Blizzard's vision. That's fine, I don't really care, Draenei are fine in WoW and it doesn't bother me that much. But please don't pretend that it makes sense.

Of course it was made up! Lore change, that's the beauty of it! Just to get in line before you: It's all made up! :O

And those are interdimensional vessels. Inter-dimensional. Show me a regular spaceship that is able to do that.

I'm really happy with the lore coming with cataclysm. Tbh cataclysm just looks like a very good expansion, and I'm getting more and more hyped over it. I just saw some footage that is going around on youtube of a [I'm not breaking NDA] certain famous whirlpool and I just dropped my chin and said: Wah?!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I don't hate the Cata lore. So far I've only known that the scary Deathwing has gone pissy with everyone after a long time, emerges from his hole and destroys all living things. Some people die, and so far you have to of course get him down.

That's pretty much the red line in Cata.

WOTLK had a much stronger storyline as far as I know now, Arthas, cinematics, dragonflights, frostmourne, along with alot of references to earlier lore in other WC games. Many off topic lore like the Coliseum, Fordring and Ulduar (Algalon for example, amazing lore there).

We can't really judge something we haven't even played, I'm sure Blizzard is having something in stock for Cata, I only hope that the lore will live up and hopefully past the WOTLK story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    we're just now starting to realize the theme of expansions: X bad guy suddenly decides to kill everyone, so we go kill him. we're starting to get into bad guys people have less prior knowledge of from just playing WoW.
    Burning Crusade doesn't follow on that logic. It were us that suddenly decides to attack Illidan.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not that its dying but it's getting messed up by Knaak who seems to have a larger part in the lore writing than ever. Garrosh is probably going to end up the worlds strongest warrior because Knaak says so.

Deleted
    You know that ALL the lore is 100% made up on the spot to suit Blizzard's vision? Heck, even Warcraft I was supposed to be a Warhammer game originally.

Except they are not. They are like Dalaran, floating citadels that teleport.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2010-06-28 at 10:40 PM.

People fear change. Plain and simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    It's not that its dying but it's getting messed up by Knaak who seems to have a larger part in the lore writing than ever. Garrosh is probably going to end up the worlds strongest warrior because Knaak says so.
    Knaak created the Dragon Aspects, so can't really say that he messes up it when he is the one that creates part of it. He is a bad writer, but his ideas made Warcraft's lore bigger and better.

I mean, Cataclysm is due his novels. Deathwing, Twilight Dragons, the Old Gods, he was the one that expanded/created it.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2010-06-28 at 10:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    well put, i agree completely. Though, i do like msot of what will happen, dragonflights, wota, old gods in every zone. It just sounds better to me than "go kill a rogue paladin deathknight thinger"
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2010-06-28 at 10:44 PM.

i dont hate cata lore... i happen to be a part of everyone....
    /thread

Actually, I have no problem with Cata lore. At all. I mean, sure, some stuff kind of makes me stop, scratch my head, and go "wait, what?" (Looking at you Tauren Paladin's, Worgen suddenly actually being caused by a sect of Night Elf druids that went feral and crazy instead of being from another dimension, and Garrosh suddenly being made Warchief of the Horde. FYI, last one is only one I hate, but that's not relevant to the topic.), but for the most part it seems we're seeing the end of old in game lore, for example the Defias Brotherhood being defeated and gone or the Barrens becoming greener and lusher thanks to Narlax's efforts after we saved him lord knows how many times in Wailing Caverns, and the begining of new lore, such as the ongoing power struggle between the Horde and Alliance or dealing with the Twilight Hammer cultists tearing Azeroth apart at the seams.

This could be wistful thinking, but it seems to me Blizzard is trying to make new players or players creating new characters feel FAR more heroic then they currently do in game. Instead of "Please kill 10 Dire Boars so I can make a pie from their liver", they seem to be trying to give us the feeling that, if we don't kill these creatures, the entire region will be destroyed.

Of course, as always, all of this is speculation. We only have what lore has been given to us so far or educated guesses. Until the NDA is lifted and we can see questlines, videos, or pretty much anything else that will flood the net as soon as its lifted, we can only make wild guesses and hope we're right. But I've seen nothing that makes me go "Oh god, lore is dead!". Just the advancement of the story.

I lost trust when they gave Taurens holy power, and when they butchered that beautiful zone Azshara with Goblins, and completely modernized it with streets. I lost complete trust in Blizzard when they ended Wrath of the Lich King with a dragon in the basement of a temple in Dragonblight. They keep rezzing and killing off people, and it's annoying. They're bringing back Blackwing Lair, hopefully not Onyxia AGAIN (deathwing's daughter) and when the final battle between the Lich King and Tirion takes place, Tirion gets frozen. Amazing.

Why? Because of the horrible job they did in Wrath.

Deleted
    Wut, everyone hates Cata lore? This is news to me.