Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

new VERY CONVINCING scam

So i got this e-mail 4 days ago.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3159/88047903.png

The reason why it looks SO DAMN CONVINCING is that it's from accountadmin@blizzard.com .So far i didnt believe scam emails could end in @blizzard.com, well they can.

Clicking on the SUPPOSEDLY battle.net link will get you here. This is where i realised it was fake, from the adress at the top of the browser (yeah i know, IE lol)

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3231/76104604.png

Just to be sure, i clicked on the Check your WoW password link, and there we go, proof it's a scam

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5898/76142413.png

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH SUCH AN E-MAIL. The only reason i suspected it's a scam is that i havent logged in-game or in my b-net account for over 10 days now, so i couldnt have possibly made an action against the EULA.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Scam emails from @blizzard.com are new, original, interesting, and most of all, very convincing, amirite?
    My armory
    DK tanking stuffs since WoTLK beta's first day of release.

Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.
    Most fail troll thread ever. Featuring Boub as last post!

And then there's the little thing that Blizz wouldn't probably warn you before banning

I get posts from "accountadmin" about every 3 days or so. Not having reacted to them in any way, I'd figure I'd be banned already if they were really going to ban me.

Deleted
    Convincing? u must be kidding me... Those things are written by a semi-retard nerd that skipped few years of school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well most of the scam crap people are really stupid, they keep sending those fake emails to the wrong email account XD. Pretty happy tho I can directly tell what is true blizzard and which isn't easier.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

First of all..make 1 e-mail account just for blizz,don't use it for anything else.Problem with scam e-mails is over

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get like 4-5 of those daily...
    No way I can get rid of it with my crappy hotmail.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its actually from hotmail if you look at its source lol i got one a few days ago

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    you really clicked on that link huh

When will people learn that Blizzard will NEVER EVER ask for your account details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    First of all..make 1 e-mail account just for blizz,don't use it for anything else.Problem with scam e-mails is over
    qft

I got a phishing email a few weeks ago that used the banner/images of the Dwarves standing in Dun Morough/Ironforge Gates. Despite that, the spelling and grammar were still terribad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

mouse over the email address and you'll see the real email (read: scam address) address

No matter if the topic is old or not, it's good to see ppl wanting to warn others of the different types of email scams out there.

yeah.... i get these on an email account not even tied to my battle.net account. very convincing.

In blizzard emails you wont find any links to follow, instead they tell you that you need to go on their website and do things there. Never any links.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, never ever has blizzard ever said (had I mentioned never?) that they don't ever ask for account details.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

10+ Year Old Account
    with battle.net accounts, there is NO need to even open any bliz mail you get.
    you can check everything on battle.net.

It's only convincing for people who are not very smart.