Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich king Heroic 10 man

Right, me and my guild have reached Lich King Heroic 10 man. and got him to about 85% with some issues, so anything in general for me as a disc priest to do more than the infest healing, im currently healing with a Holy palla and a Rdrood donno if 3 healers is ideal but we wont get far without that at the moment, any tips or such is very aprechiated aswell as a Disc pov video would be very awsome to learn the fight abit thank you all

10+ Year Old Account
    Shield the whole raid, PoM tank right as infest goes out, Penance and FH where needed.

Using 3 healers will make it easier to keep people up, but will make the fight much harder in other ways. Raging spirits and valks go down slower which can be an issue, and less dps means phases in general are longer, tougher on healer mana, and risks enrage before a kill.

We were trying it with 3 heals (pally / resto druid / disc) and were hitting enrage. We switched to 2-healing and found that it actually became much easier with just disc / pally, and the druid going boomkin. At P3 in the throne room it becomes a bit much for the two of us to heal (since neither of our specs excel at aoe healing) so the boomkin switches to caster form and throws up rejuvs to help out. Got him to 22% last week, but have ironed out most of the kinks and hoping for a kill this week

As to disc method, as Frmercury mentioned, preshield the raid before infest and that should take care of most of the damage outside of tanks in phases where infest is cast. You'll want to keep PoM bouncing, and aim to keep up Inspiration on the tanks as you're the only one who can (in your healing group) - that will help a lot. If a couple of shields break before an infest hits, you can pre-cast PoH to that group, PoM one / penance the other if in separate groups. During the first phase transition, try to avoid having the weakened soul debuff on anyone when you're coming out of it. You'll have just enough time to get up shields on everyone before his first infest in P2 hits.

For mana, I find myself using rank 12 PW:S against infest to restore mana. Glyph of PoH is also excellent on this fight. 2 healing it is a bit more intensive, but that keeps me pretty well topped off on mana from rapture (it lets a few hundred damage through on those who don't resist, but doesn't let infest break remain even on a no-resist). Of course, outside of infest stages you'll want to use full rank.

Edit: Assuming you or the pally healer is cleansing the plague, make sure it's you. You'll have more flexibility with GCD's than the pally. Also, coordinate with them so they can plea when you pop HoH - it's a mana windfall for them.
    Last edited by Bigslick; 2010-06-28 at 10:08 PM.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

3 healers isnt even needed on this fight we done it with a disc and holy pally with the 15% buff and only wiped a total of 8 times in total from the first time even doin it on hc, 3 healers just makes it less likely for a wipe to happen as its a little tricky in frostmourne room since the disc has to do pretty much all the healing with all the movement.

as a disc as long as the raid is covered with sheilds, i would on my preist PoM the tanks on cd keep a renew on each of them when i can for a little extra help and flash heal and penance tanks as long as there is no infest dmg and shields are up as they are top prio, if you taking a drood also get him to cover tanks with hots and a little help on infest dmg if any get through and should go smoothly.

heres a log of the last kill i was in http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1348&e=2498 we hit enrage but dots were enough to tick the boss over as just before he enraged he sent us in frostmourne room and all we had to do was survive.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2010-06-28 at 10:15 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

yo, yeah i bet were gonna enrage with 3 healers but thing is me and the pally arent really able to keep the grp up alone even in phase one yet, guess its only more answears, thanks for replying

Quote Originally Posted by Djävul View Post
    me and the pally arent really able to keep the grp up alone even in phase one yet
    Providing you shield all healers / dps before infest (and they don't pull aggro causing them to break prematurely), there should be no other damage to them in P1. Assuming nobody is undergeared, the pally should be able to keep the tanks up solo (w/ you keeping up Inspiration) with no problem, assuming that they're tranq'd quickly on enrage, and cooldowns considered when there are 2 shamblers up at one time. P1 really isn't bad for healing, it's more about people moving promptly out of the shadow traps quickly and dropping off plague fast. Going to 6 dps and 2 healers also makes this phase a LOT faster, and minimizes the time you have double adds up on the tank.

Edit: Going with 3 healers for now is probably a smart thing, to learn the mechanics of the fight. But unless your dps are very, very strong, you'll probably hit the enrage 3-healing it.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

If you're 3 healing it make sure you have an ideal DPS setup as well, accounting for major buffs (depending on setup) such as melee haste, spell haste, magic debuff, bloodlust/hero, armor debuff etc

Are you dying to infest or are tanks dying?

Have a DPS cleanse disease. That may help you two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stack spellpower gems on your gear so your bubble absorbs a full infest

Armory link? So we can see what your gear is like. Heroic LK is no joke, may not be geared enough to handle it. Though with the 25% buff it shouldnt matter a whole lot.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Flawlesser View Post
    Stack spellpower gems on your gear so your bubble absorbs a full infest
    Take this advice if you want to be completely OOM halfway into phase 2.

If you balance your spellpower/spec/gear in such a way that infest typically *just* breaks your shields, leaving ppl at 90-99% hp, you will almost constantly stay at 70%+ mana. Just make sure you aren't shielding tanks (that screws it up) unless it's a life-or-death matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Take this advice if you want to be completely OOM halfway into phase 2.

If you balance your spellpower/spec/gear in such a way that infest typically *just* breaks your shields, leaving ppl at 90-99% hp, you will almost constantly stay at 70%+ mana. Just make sure you aren't shielding tanks (that screws it up) unless it's a life-or-death matter.
    Or become more pro, have something to track your rapture procs, and use a shield on a tank every time the internal cooldown of rapture is off. I dont see why a disc would want to make a balanced gemming, and not full spell power, especially as, although LK10 HC is a goal, most players are likely to also raid 25 man.

If you are running oom, you are not using your cooldowns right, you can have 3 shadowfiends and 3 hymns of hope during the fight in theory, has nothing to do with gemming. Hell you are probably running with a druid tank, plenty of opportunities to innervate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettahh View Post
    I dont see why a disc would want to make a balanced gemming, and not full spell power, especially as, although LK10 HC is a goal, most players are likely to also raid 25 man.
    ^^

You don't want to gimp your overall performance by intentionally nerfing your throughput via gearing decisions. Weakening shields to allow them to just barely break from infest to abuse rapture returns should be done by determining the correct downranking level. You'll want all the SP you can get for the rest of the fight (and you'll want your shields at full strength at transitions and in P3, where you're not dealing with infest).

H LK 10 casts a fairly potent Infest. In reviewing one of our initial logs, about 90% of the infests were hitting (after variable resists) for between 8.5-10.5k damage. Since other sources or raid damage are avoidable, you should assume (and ensure) that outside of infest the raid is topped off, so you just need to rank your shields to absorb enough that infest breaks the shield more often than not, but not by so much that it would allow enough damage to seep through to bring a player down by more than 10% of their total health.

This should allow you a minimum of 2.5k "acceptable infest damage" to work with even for a very modestly geared player at that level of content, after raid and zone buffs. I found that rank 12 allowed enough to break to make mana manageable, but that rank 11 was not quite strong enough to consistently remove infest from everyone (YMMV - I run without a demo lock or shaman in group for SP boost).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettahh View Post
    Or become more pro, have something to track your rapture procs, and use a shield on a tank every time the internal cooldown of rapture is off. I dont see why a disc would want to make a balanced gemming, and not full spell power, especially as, although LK10 HC is a goal, most players are likely to also raid 25 man.

If you are running oom, you are not using your cooldowns right, you can have 3 shadowfiends and 3 hymns of hope during the fight in theory, has nothing to do with gemming. Hell you are probably running with a druid tank, plenty of opportunities to innervate.
    10man HLK is a unique encounter where your shields can actually be too big. Not only do you lose the Rapture clusters, but you can see a situation where your shield is partially consumed but due to procs, you cannot refresh your shield on a target until it expires in 30 seconds.

Also, when 2healing it with a holy pally, there is plenty of opportunity and need to cast other things than shields. If I'm healing this fight, I replace 4pT10 with other max throughput items; i.e. max haste/crit.

But none of this helps the OP. I'm sure if they're dying at 85%, it is not due to running out of mana.

Our guild is on attempts for HLK, I am the disc shielding peeps for the encounter. One question, if you guys are two healing it, are you doing dispells on the plague as well? If not, who? Another question, we are running every plague in to the ghouls to be dispelled on them. Is this the way everyone deals with it? or do you dispell away from group?
    I guess i am losing sight of healing when i have to run a plague into the ghouls for dispelling.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    10man HLK is a unique encounter where your shields can actually be too big. Not only do you lose the Rapture clusters, but you can see a situation where your shield is partially consumed but due to procs, you cannot refresh your shield on a target until it expires in 30 seconds.

Also, when 2healing it with a holy pally, there is plenty of opportunity and need to cast other things than shields. If I'm healing this fight, I replace 4pT10 with other max throughput items; i.e. max haste/crit.

But none of this helps the OP. I'm sure if they're dying at 85%, it is not due to running out of mana.
    Ummm, correct me if I am wrong, but the only thing preventing a refresh of PW:S is the Weakend Soul. Not the fact that there is a still a shield up on the target.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by biggie117 View Post
    Our guild is on attempts for HLK, I am the disc shielding peeps for the encounter. One question, if you guys are two healing it, are you doing dispells on the plague as well? If not, who? Another question, we are running every plague in to the ghouls to be dispelled on them. Is this the way everyone deals with it? or do you dispell away from group?
    I guess i am losing sight of healing when i have to run a plague into the ghouls for dispelling.
    If two-healing it, you should plan on covering the dispels unless you arrange for a dps to do it (which is actually a good idea, since they'll have hit rating to ensure the cleanse doesn't miss). The tank healer won't be able to risk sparing the GCD, but you should have ample time to do it.

And yeah, we ran it in to the ghouls every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    Ummm, correct me if I am wrong, but the only thing preventing a refresh of PW:S is the Weakend Soul. Not the fact that there is a still a shield up on the target.
    If you had a SP proc up (e.g., the rep ring, lightweave, etc) when you places a shield, you will not be able to overwrite it with a new shield at lower spellpower until it is removed regardless of WS having abated.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    If you gain a buff, like demonic pact, ring proc, lightweave cloak, you will cast a stronger pws. This pws shield cannot be replaced by a priest with lower sp (ie you without those procs). That being said, I was thinking this is only true with shields with full absorption remaining- (a 9k shield cant overwrite a 10k shield, unless the 10k shield was brought down to 8k with damage)... if that is the case, then it shouldnt be an issue with all the minor damage here and there.

have the resto druid go boomkin. 2 healing it is hard but the extra DPS is amazing, as is starfall for spirits.

The advice for discs in this threat is great. I healed it as a pally, and my advice is, let the priest handle the healing in the phase transitions for the most part and melee the adds and get you mana bar back. Have the tank and disc have their CDs ready for if the holy pally gets valked and have the pally have aura mastery/DS ready in case the disc gets picked up.

And in p3, soaking the spirits with your offtank or a shadow priest or a paladin is easier than trying to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtotho View Post
    If you gain a buff, like demonic pact, ring proc, lightweave cloak, you will cast a stronger pws. This pws shield cannot be replaced by a priest with lower sp (ie you without those procs). That being said, I was thinking this is only true with shields with full absorption remaining- (a 9k shield cant overwrite a 10k shield, unless the 10k shield was brought down to 8k with damage)... if that is the case, then it shouldnt be an issue with all the minor damage here and there.
    I believe you are correct here, hence why you can start re-shielding people after Infest has hit. Anyways, in 10 man thats what Renew/FH/Penance is used for. Just because PW:S is our strongest ability, does not mean we do nothing else (25 Man is different).

Personally, I am not on H-LK 10 Man on my Disc Priest. Just working on LK at 30% in my Alt run group (most of us are still in blues/232 gear). Still learning the ins and outs of Disc. But we are able to 2 heal it with a Paladin and I. Just keep Bubbles up, PoM on CD and PoH when needed. I personally in 10 man keep renew on the tank.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest