Quick shadow PvP question

I'm new to Shadow PvP ( been a PvE'er all this time )
    Anw as the title says :P
    I know that the spell penetration cap is 131 ( i got that ) but how much hit rating should i be aiming for from gear?

The search function is not working for some reason so i dunno if there is any other thread for this :P at least not in the first page :PP

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2010-06-28 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Typo's

10+ Year Old Account
    I belive the hit cap for casters is 5% in pvp. Might be wrong tho

There really isn't a hit cap for pvp for example blood elf rets and rogues are going to have close to 11% base miss due to talents and racials. Also misery still applies but if you are trying to CC the non burn target it wont always be up. It comes down to preference 5% is a good spot to aim for but depending on comp you might rather focus on mp5 or maybe stack some defensive stats. Personally when i use to arena nothing would make me angrier than misses so i ran at like 6 or 7%

You want to aim for 5% from gear + talents, but like chunx0r said it doesn't hurt to get more but you really shouldn't aim for it. It's just not completely wasted if you do go over 5%.

which means that if i was going for the lower possible hit i would be going for 2% from gear i guess.
    I'm not gonna do that though :P i just wanted to know more or less the number Thx for the replies guys ( or girls :P u never know )
    Cheers
    Zoulis
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2010-06-28 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Typo's -.- again

10+ Year Old Account
    5% Hit
    7% with Racials

130 or 131 is Spell Pen cap iirc.