Thread: Q on alchemy.

Q on alchemy.

Im thinking about joining alchemy up with JCing to make some gold. Good to do?

Do transmtues on epic gems have a cooldown?

yes they do have a 24 hour cooldown but it still was nice money for me (especially if you get some1 to cut ur gems before you put em up on AH)

You can make money with the transmutes, but the epic gems still have a cooldown. Not worth it, imo. I'd go elixir spec with your alchemy and do flasks, and just cut gems for tips.

Well, theres also the possibility of going Transmute spec, which if it procs can get you 3-4 gems instead of just one(not sure on the exact amount) and would make you some profit, though as I said it relies on a proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elixir Spec is the best for making monhaie.

My alchemist was xmute spec for a short while and he procced 4x of a meta gem on his very first transmute and did not proc a single other thing until I made him elixir spec. FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Creat1on View Post
    yes they do have a 24 hour cooldown but it still was nice money for me (especially if you get some1 to cut ur gems before you put em up on AH)
    It's actually only a 20 hour cooldown, which means if you want to do it every hour on the hour, you'll be doing so at some weird times of day.

If you are a lazy AH person (like me) who wants only a few listings with a reasonable profit margin go transmute.

If you are an eager beaver AH person who has all the addons to list/undercut/re-list etc. etc. go elixir.

Easy as that to decide.

Deleted
    The transmute epic gems cooldown also shares the cooldown with all of the eternal transmutes.

But the transmute for the meta gems and also of course for changing saronite bars to titanium bars do not have a cooldown, on my server there is still money to be made from this, but no where near the profit you can make from an epic gem.

Overall I would say if you want something short and sweet, ie. only a few minutes spent on it a day for a guaranteed profit, then go transmute mastery. Large profit per item, but you can only sell one (or 2 if it procs) per day.

If you are looking to spend a lot of time farming and creating, then go Elixir and create flasks for raiders. Small profit per item, but you can sell a lot of items. On my server, buying herbs to make flasks is not really viable, lichbloom is up at 70g a stack for over a month, - it is more profitable to just sell the raw lichbloom than make flasks that are only selling for 12g each.

X-mute spec will be sexy come Cata, alchemy can make the new rare quality gems $_$

I'm looking forward to teaming up with my mining/JC buddy to turn all his green gems into massive profits XD

There should be no CD on making the new rare gems or meta gem.. There might be one on the metal xmute, but I think it's rather unlikely since I think it is only used in JC recipes.

X-mute Spec procs = +1-4 extra gems, which is nice for epics but totally unreliable given the CD. It's awesome for metas ^^ Should be awesome for rares too.
    Last edited by deadman80; 2010-07-04 at 06:57 PM.

What i do is do the JC daily get my JC Tokens up.

Go find out whats selling best Epic gem wise.
    Buy the Recipe and learn.
    Then go farm/buy mats for the transmute.
    Transmute and cut daily.
    Sell on AH
    Profit

Edit:

also i go for Elixer master as the transmute wasnt really worth it.. by that i mean i didnt proc that much and when i did it was like once every 2 weeks.. roughly .. maybe i was unlucky ?