Sanctified Upgrades for Cat: Which should come first

Heya. On a lucky roll I picked up a sanc token on a last minuet 25 man on my druid, and I'm wondering what piece of T10 is probably best to upgrade first?

Here's my armory, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shanksteak
    A quick note though:

I don't have any T10 yet, I should be getting the shoulders first as to not break 2piece t8 or t9. I will most likely be using either 4 piece w/ aldriana's gloves as offeset (prefered) or 4 piece with chest of DW 10 as offset (more likely, since im not in a raiding guild, and pugs rarely go past 4/12).

Also: as to what armory shows: hasn't updated to new pieces, but should have Frostbitten fur boots, not Wrathful boots. Ashen verdict ring instead of the hemmoraging circle. DPS cloak from Ahune instead of the blue one.

My first instinct would be to use it on the shoulders since i'll be getting them first, but I know with other toons certain pieces were preferable to upgrade first (because they had ArP, haste, hit, armor, etc).

Thanks

Either chest or legs since those are the biggest stat increases you get when you upgrade tier pieces

Upgrade a piece that doesn't drop in VOA.

You apparently didn't read the title, '... for Cat', not Restoration.

EDIT: The post I responded to seems to have been deleted.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2010-06-29 at 03:32 PM.

always better stat increase...or shoulders for sex appeal

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, to answer your question, I used RAWR with a modified Item cost filter to only use T10 Sanq. According to RAWR, your first piece of gear should be your shoulders. After that, it suggests breaking your T8 and go with the chest, followed by the helm. That will allow you to hold onto your T9 for as long as possible. Your first order of business is to get 4-piece T10 since the 4-piece is about 800-1k dps alone (depending on gear). Also unless your tanking (even then it's not the best in the world) don't use Ick's Rotting Thumb. Bad tanking trinket and especially bad for kitty.

I'm using the thumb because I had a BoA on there, so when I first hit 80 a few days ago, it wouldnt let me into randoms, so I just stuck in the highest Ilvl thing I could find in each slot till I could que for randoms. I haven't gotten my NeS yet, and haven't seen the whetstone from UP or the Incisor from DTK drop, so I haven't bothered changing it back yet, and I really don't want to blow 40 badges on a mirror of truth when I know as soon as I do a NES will drop ><

Thanks for all the advice so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would still get buy the trinket if you have any extra badges. It's still a really good trinket (one of the better ones might I add). anyway NES is difficult to say when you will get it. I've heard of people spending 1-2 months trying to get it, but have; say; my hunter get it on her first run through H-FoS last night (still cannot believe that; helps the only other melee in that group also had it).

100% Legs always as first upgrade. Your under the exp cap and so therefore the +exp on legs is a better dps increase than +crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koharu View Post
    100% Legs always as first upgrade. Your under the exp cap and so therefore the +exp on legs is a better dps increase than +crit.
    while you are technically most correct ofc, I wouldn't spend a token on gloves or pants unless I already had 264 chest head and shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I would still get buy the trinket if you have any extra badges. It's still a really good trinket (one of the better ones might I add). anyway NES is difficult to say when you will get it. I've heard of people spending 1-2 months trying to get it, but have; say; my hunter get it on her first run through H-FoS last night (still cannot believe that; helps the only other melee in that group also had it).
    As far as I have ever read, the 4pc T10 is a MUST for badges first. Spending any frost badges on non-tier before 4p is not advised, the set bonus is worth between 600-1000 dps depending on which spreadsheet you use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koharu View Post
    The thing about kitties is that you don't need to be expertise cap in order to do high dps. Due to the nature of the Primal Precision talent, all yellow attacks that don't land, 80% of the lost energy is refunded. So say you miss a shred attack, 33.6 energy of the 42 energy used will be refunded. Hit and Expertise becomes more useful in higher gear levels since white attacks will supply a higher amount of our overall dps. Also Hit and Expertise allow for a smoother rotation. If anything Legs should be the last item he would need to upgrade. The ONLY time he should be going for legs first is if he was going for bear gear, since hit and Expertise until soft cap help increase one's threat.

---------- Post added 2010-06-29 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dread52 View Post
    As far as I have ever read, the 4pc T10 is a MUST for badges first. Spending any frost badges on non-tier before 4p is not advised, the set bonus is worth between 600-1000 dps depending on which spreadsheet you use.
    I was referring to the triumph badges you get from running heroics. I wasn't refering to the Frost badges. We were talking about the Mirror of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    The thing about kitties is that you don't need to be expertise cap in order to do high dps. Due to the nature of the Primal Precision talent, all yellow attacks that don't land, 80% of the lost energy is refunded.
    Primal Precision only applies to finishers. Iirc all combo moves always only cost 10 energy if missed/dodged/parried (without this talent).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrandion View Post
    Heya. On a lucky roll I picked up a sanc token on a last minuet 25 man on my druid, and I'm wondering what piece of T10 is probably best to upgrade first?

Here's my armory, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shanksteak

My first instinct would be to use it on the shoulders since i'll be getting them first, but I know with other toons certain pieces were preferable to upgrade first (because they had ArP, haste, hit, armor, etc).

Thanks
    you're first instinct is now verified as correct, get the shoulder. you're welcome.

also, you shouldn't agonize too much over this choice, any wep upgrade you get right now is 5 times more of an upgrade than any piece you spend that token on, and the fact that somebody let you in a 25 icc with a 200 wep is freaking amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread52 View Post
    Primal Precision only applies to finishers. Iirc all combo moves always only cost 10 energy if missed/dodged/parried (without this talent).
    My bad on the PP being only applied to finishers (didn't have the talent information in front of me). But WTF are you talking about with the combo point refund. I've never heard of that before. Nothing on EJ, nor in WoWwiki. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    you're first instinct is now verified as correct, get the shoulder. you're welcome.

also, you shouldn't agonize too much over this choice, any wep upgrade you get right now is 5 times more of an upgrade than any piece you spend that token on, and the fact that somebody let you in a 25 icc with a 200 wep is freaking amazing.
    Yay for Mondays? Anywho, while I was nowhere near the top of the charts (think I was rocking the 11th or 12th spot), I wasn't last :P