How to prevent old account hacks.

So, this is Theory only.

While poking around on a old Eve Online account, I noticed something that they did for account security. They asked for the player to enter a old account name, password, the standard crap. Then once that is done, they ask for you to type in the name of a character from your account.

Coarse, that was me trying to activate the incorrect account, which happened to be a old trail account that I ditched a few years ago. But still same idea.

Now with that said. It could be something Blizzard should adopt to add another layer of account protection, because it appears Account Hackers are going and hacking old accounts.

Or they could charge for their authenticator and make more money! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I got hacked twice in a month a few months ago. Brilliant on my part of course having the same account name and password for email and wow....I think after the last restore, Blizz will be less inclined to help me out again for my own stupidity. It sucks to have to pay for account security but it does keep you from doing dumb things that will lead to account compromising.

Quote Originally Posted by videogamerpat View Post
    Or they could charge for their authenticator and make more money! XD
    You cannot add a Authenticator to a account you don't play anymore.

But you can ask whoever is logging on for the name of on of the Characters on the account. So, if they are say, a Account Hacker, their is a good chance they can crack the password, but they could probably not know what the names are.