Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I know everyone loves Hellscream and all... but Garrosh really is more like his father than people give him credit for, or rather people give Hellscream too much credit.

Dont forget Hellscream is the one that originally cursed the orcs with demons blood. not only that but he chose to do it AGAIN, if you played Warcraft 3 at all. And more than once in that campaign Thrall stepped in to stop Hellscream from going all out against the alliance. Thrall was Hellscream's attitude check, and if Hellscream had been warchief instead of Thrall, he would have done just what Garrosh is about to do. Both father and son are quite bloodthursty and hate the "puny alliance skum"
    The problem is that he learned about what made his father great in the first place and is now deliberately disobeying it.

Garrosh's character has been derailed, bigtime. There is no real reason for the shift that occurs between Nagrand and the pre-Wrath event.

I hate him, don't get my above post wrong. He needs a ton of writing work. But I can see why Thrall would be forced to make that decision.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is his own person, he can do what he wants. Leave the guy alone, i like fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    so that the story line could progress

thrall held the story back cant have a secondary war story line to invent new bgs with and add more lore if u have thrall trying to be all peaceful when the alliance is attacking ur territory. oh and jaina is a joke so varian is better
    You went from 400-1600 posts in a month. Damn O_O

OT, we have a cool city with Garrosh though....

---------- Post added 2010-06-28 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Thrall is his own person, he can do what he wants. Leave the guy alone, i like fireworks
    We had this lovely comic about a kid who gets dumped by girls, so he loves his cat instead. It was heartwarming Dark Side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    You went from 400-1600 posts in a month. Damn O_O

OT, we have a cool city with Garrosh though....

---------- Post added 2010-06-28 at 08:52 PM ----------

We had this lovely comic about a kid who gets dumped by girls, so he loves his cat instead. It was heartwarming Dark Side.
    last i saw was 900, but he was genn greymane at that time

Cats arent heartwarming, they are heartstopping >.>

Quote Originally Posted by videogamerpat View Post
    an Orc who didn't suffer with the all the other Orcs, learn humility and repentance from their demonic enslavement
    Garrosh did find MUCH humility in the discovery that HIS father (Hellscream senior) turned the orcs into Mannoroths' Demonic Slaves. Garrosh was very depressed for a long time because of that. He was very ashamed of that fact, even though it had nothing to do with being his fault. After the portal to outlands reopened, Thrall gave Garrosh the news that it was his father who freed the orcs from the demon blood. That got Garrosh to be who he is today: cocky and explosive.

....or so i read.

Quote Originally Posted by sy View Post
    didn't know med'an.. He looks like a nice character though, with blood of three races and powers of three classes

ot: I just hope garrosh will see how a warchief has to act in order to keep his people save and/or his faction powerful. Preferably before we're all dead :x
    Nerf Shamageadins!

It does seem to me that there were a ton of better choices than Garrosh. Cairne, for example. Also, it does seem silly that the first thing Garrosh does is destroy the stability of the horde by banning non-orcs from Orgrimaar. Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I know everyone loves Hellscream and all... but Garrosh really is more like his father than people give him credit for, or rather people give Hellscream too much credit.

Dont forget Hellscream is the one that originally cursed the orcs with demons blood. not only that but he chose to do it AGAIN, if you played Warcraft 3 at all. And more than once in that campaign Thrall stepped in to stop Hellscream from going all out against the alliance. Thrall was Hellscream's attitude check, and if Hellscream had been warchief instead of Thrall, he would have done just what Garrosh is about to do. Both father and son are quite bloodthursty and hate the "puny alliance skum"
    Grom didn't hate, he did what he had to do. When he drank the demon blood, it was to beat Cenarius. I don't think anyone would want to go up against a demi-god without some sort of godlike backing of their own. In all the time I spent with Grom in the orc campaigns, not once did I get the notion that he hated or wanted to kill anyone, he was merely doing what was best for his people and the Horde, all the way up to the point of giving up his life to kill Mannoroth.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-06-29 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Perhaps he hopes that if he forces Garrosh to actually take responsibility for his people, he will mature into the kind of leader Thrall knows he can be (like his father).

Once he kills a few faction leaders and kicks a few races out of his city, everyone will start to hate him, and he'll realize that he needs to change his thinking. You can't talk to Garrosh about needing to change his ways, he won't listen to anything but steel. What he can hear in the end is the sound of an empty throne room. I think Thrall knows what he's doing.
    You're so smart! Why can't I be as good as this as you

<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because his hand was forced? I mean Garrosh DID almost beat him before LK event in that arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Perhaps he hopes that if he forces Garrosh to actually take responsibility for his people, he will mature into the kind of leader Thrall knows he can be (like his father).

Once he kills a few faction leaders and kicks a few races out of his city, everyone will start to hate him, and he'll realize that he needs to change his thinking. You can't talk to Garrosh about needing to change his ways, he won't listen to anything but steel. What he can hear in the end is the sound of an empty throne room. I think Thrall knows what he's doing.
    Thats a good way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Maybe because his hand was forced? I mean Garrosh DID almost beat him before LK event in that arena.
    Thrall was holding back.

Again. Thrall doesn't have a choice because his OWN PEOPLE want war. A response equivalent to standing in a corner while crossing his arms and whining isn't going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    Nerf Shamageadins!
    i never got it, until i searched for him on wowwiki...it was enlightening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is not gone and while not being a warchief he has an important role that we will see later in expansion. Kind of how Tyrian had a role in Argent Tournament. Thrall is the new guardian of cenerious. that being said it set a precent for the next expansion (i know cata isnt even out yet but lore-wise we can think ahead) which will likely be Emerald Dream or Emerald Dream Related paving a huge roll for future thrall. Also Cenerius may also play a role in demise of Deathwing - its my speculation but it seems probable we'll see as the story unfolds. So havin Garosh "taking care" of horde is not significant as securing its future with his new role

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    Thrall is the new guardian of cenerious.
    Wrong. He's not the new Guardian of Tirisfal or the new Guardian of Cenarius either. :P Or any other bastardized spellings.

I fully support Garrosh destroying the Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    i thought the idea of Garrosh banning everyone but Orcs from Orgrimmar was just a rumor and that he's just banning them from the throne room or whatever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    i thought the idea of Garrosh banning everyone but Orcs from Orgrimmar was just a rumor and that he's just banning them from the throne room or whatever?
    he's banning them from the "inner" orgrimmar, which (i think) is the valley of honor.

I think its because Garrosh is a beast. First of all he's the son of one of the most badass people in warcraft. 2nd he is obsessed with war so he must know a thig er two about it. 3rd hes badass. 4th Garrosh likes to kill alliance Varian likes to kill horde so why not qq about varian. 5th Varian has a different model that uis cooler than the rest of his race and garrosh is just a red orc with naxx gear. and F. he lived in the best lvling zone ver...Nagrand

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    he's banning them from the "inner" orgrimmar, which (i think) is the valley of honor.
    Yes, will be interesting how it affects players. An entire quarter of Orgrimmar closed off to 80% of the Horde players? mm mm

That is, of course, if the ban does affect heroes too.