Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck me @ tap pedal, they cant be serious. My Naga mouse has all the buttons it needs, dont need another one near my foot.

---------- Post added 2010-06-29 at 03:28 AM ----------

cant believe people are saying the foot padel is a good idea, its basically a 1 button mouse....

There is nothing that says they have to wait until the contest is over to start the Beta. I'm CERTAIN that they'll have ample screenshots to choose from before that date. They could start Beta 3-4 weeks before the 23rd and just keep trucking along and release the last weeks winners as soon as the contest ends.

That makes the most sense, seeing as how this contest is much longer than the US one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina
    There is nothing that says they have to wait until the contest is over to start the Beta. I'm CERTAIN that they'll have ample screenshots to choose from before that date. They could start Beta 3-4 weeks before the 23rd and just keep trucking along and release the last weeks winners as soon as the contest ends.

That makes the most sense, seeing as how this contest is much longer than the US one.
    This.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are pedals pretty much exactly the same as this on eBay for like £9... It's a good idea for people who hate clicking an extra button on the keyboard or people who hate sound-sensitive activation.

Good to hear about the EU beta competition at last. Looks like they're trying to get groups of people likely to play together this time, rather than just random people like LK beta was.

That could potentially cut down the amount of time Cata stays in beta stage. Hopefully.

Blizzard, you never cease to dissapoint.

I should get two foot pedals, map one to 'W' and one to 'S'. When I'm riding my horse, I can step on the gas to go then.

Ok, that was lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or I am I the only one thinks trailers and girls should be the only one with the pedal to make some clothing? xD

@ Tap Pedal, This has been out for 3 months now when the WoW Gaming Headset by Creative was released. The pedal works fairly well and the Headset in my opinion is the best Wireless one on the market; which is the reason I purchased it.

I don't see a need for the foot pedal for WoW (spell rotations rarely interrupt PTT), but I would definitely have a use for this while playing TF2. Hard to hit PTT when I've already got three fingers pushing keys on my left hand and my right hand busy firing. But $30 is ridiculous for what is basically a quadriplegic mouse.
    Last edited by Chiper; 2010-06-29 at 04:18 AM.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiper View Post
    I don't see a need for the foot pedal for WoW (spell rotations rarely interrupt PTT), but I would definitely have a use for this while playing TF2. Hard to hit PTT when I've already got three fingers pushing keys on my left hand and my right hand busy firing. But $30 is ridiculous for what is basically a quadriplegic mouse.
    It's all because it says "World of Warcraft" on it. Gotta love paying for brand names! Think I might get myself one of them for £9 off eBay so I can be even lazier on my Paladin

So... when do we find out who won the US guild contest? D: I was told that the Taiwanese winners were informed and a page was posted listing the winners, so where's our winners list?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulus View Post
    I'm a huge faggot, so I'll be buying that foot pedal.
    ^^^

I smell racing game inc

still not sure why they're called faceless ones when they clearly have faces...

That's great, about the pedal. I wonder if they'll ever fix the problems that the headset has, so that the two can actually be used, rather than sitting in the closet!

I bought a headset from the blizzard store, worked fine for about a week, then the software or something started having problems. Loud, ungodly screeching noise (like a transformer on crack, a guildy described it to me) everytime you try to talk. Customer service's solution to the problem was 'make sure the microphone is plugged in correctly' and to 'keep checking the creative website for updates'. YAY!

Am I ranting? Sorry XD

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk View Post
    It's all because it says "World of Warcraft" on it. Gotta love paying for brand names! Think I might get myself one of them for £9 off eBay so I can be even lazier on my Paladin
    Definately fun to pay for brand names! Same thing with their headset :P Get a fairly comfortable large headset that lets you change the color on the earphones that comes with swappable lenses for $120! Doesn't come with a software disc, as apparantly they couldn't put the World of Warcraft™ logo on a disc to include in the box, so you have to download the software!

I'm ranting again! Whups
    Last edited by Kittahsmash; 2010-06-29 at 05:32 AM.

Seriously? Only guild are gunna get beta keys? That's bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the competition ends on July 23rd doesn't mean the beta won't start til after that. I'd guessing July 5-10, Just after Independance day

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

Yay now Arcane Mages have both hands free while playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Bout damn time someone makes a pedal. I've had one for months, love it. Would rather keep my buttons avail for more important things and it's way cool to just step on the pedal instead of having to stop what you're doing (or should be doing) with your fingers.

If Blizz charges more than $15, I wouldn't buy it (from them anyway). Got mine for $13 with the disc to program it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, finally we know it! Abyssial Maw = Old God lurking.