Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Approaching Godly Status

I've heard rumblings and rumors that the stats of items in Cataclysm will make the transition from vanilla to BC gear seem like just sidegrading. I'm talking like, a green 2hander having a lot more dps than Shadowmourne. Now, if this were true, then that means damage and health numbers really are going to get ridiculous. With such huge numbers going out, how long until we become walking gods? 100k white crits, 200k normal heals, and that will be considered low end.

I've always dreamed of reaching this point where you reach level 99, and then you have to complete a long and arduous quest line to level to 100, but when you reach it you become a sort of deity, with ridiculous power and unstoppable strength. Could WoW possibly go this route? Or maybe Blizz just likes huge numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by widowkiller View Post
    I've heard rumblings and rumors that the stats of items in Cataclysm will make the transition from vanilla to BC gear seem like just sidegrading. I'm talking like, a green 2hander having a lot more dps than Shadowmourne. Now, if this were true, then that means damage and health numbers really are going to get ridiculous. With such huge numbers going out, how long until we become walking gods? 100k white crits, 200k normal heals, and that will be considered low end.

I've always dreamed of reaching this point where you reach level 99, and then you have to complete a long and arduous quest line to level to 100, but when you reach it you become a sort of deity, with ridiculous power and unstoppable strength. Could WoW possibly go this route? Or maybe Blizz just likes huge numbers...
    This isn't going to happen. There making health pools bigger, but their keeping the damage down to a lower level. There trying to make it so battles last longer. AKA A rogue walking up to a clothie and basically killing him in under three seconds. They want to stop this.

I drooled a little reading this post.

Anyway, I don't think we'll be seeing those kind of numbers until at least level 100.

Unless we'll be seeing 1000k crits at level 100...

*wipes away more drool*

10+ Year Old Account
    1st: are you talking about lvl 85 greens?
    2nd: no blizz will not make us gods. that would make the game dull when you can 1 shot every boss by yourself.
    3rd and last: lvl 100 will prolly be the cap of all time. After that it gets ridiculous.

All numbers will be relative. If we're doing 100k white crits (we won't be) then the boss will have something like 1 billion health. It won't really matter.

To answer the second question, this pretty much stops being a game once there's no more challenges or fun things to do. Sure lawnmowering through thousands of level 1s would be fun for an afternoon but eventually players would want some real stuff to do. How do you entertain a god?

Yea I know the game is only really as limited as Blizz is creative enough to find new stuff for players to do... but I wouldn't count on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We...
    are...
    GODS!

I've heard rumblings and rumors
    You might want to oduble check your sources, cause I sincerely doubt they're going to be making stat jumps like what was seen in TBC's 58-60's transitions. Especially since today's raiding groups aren't as uncommon with more people actively raiding and aquiring gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorellto View Post
    You might want to oduble check your sources, cause I sincerely doubt they're going to be making stat jumps like what was seen in TBC's 58-60's transitions. Especially since today's raiding groups aren't as uncommon with more people actively raiding and aquiring gear.
    They've stated that they want everyone, even those in 277 gear, to go into heroics for blues. Considering the way rare gear is itemized, and how well ICC gear is itemized even for epics, that's a pretty ridiculous amount of stat inflation for 5 levels. If it's true it will in fact make the Vanilla->BC transition look like sidegrading, ICC 10 gear would have to be completely replaced with greens by level 82 and Triumph badge gear would be replaceble with quest reward greens in the 78-80 Cata quest bracket for example. Whether they're just blowing smoke or not remains to be seen.

Some will say "They can make 5 levels take longer than 10" that's true, but I've never seen an item, quest or a dungeon that required level X.5 in this game yet. Unless a quest designed for your average level 81 completely not completable by any level 80 player etc there's got to restrictions on how fast gear can grow with each level.

Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    It won't really matter.
    Untrue. As our health, damage, and healing go up, we approach the point of players being able to solo old content. This doesn't mean a lot to everyone, but for some of us (me) it would be very nice to be able to solo 60-80 raids (looking at you, black temple). As we hit the point where one level 95 can take on the Lich King by himself, it kind of cheapens the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Untrue. As our health, damage, and healing go up, we approach the point of players being able to solo old content. This doesn't mean a lot to everyone, but for some of us (me) it would be very nice to be able to solo 60-80 raids (looking at you, black temple). As we hit the point where one level 95 can take on the Lich King by himself, it kind of cheapens the game.
    Blizzard doesn't care about people soloing old raid content. If anything I imagine they might be happy that somehow some people are still getting enjoyment out of the, for the most part, obsolete content. In fact the only real change to old world raids that they've made that I'm aware of is nerfing the amount of gold that old world raid bosses dropped (back when you could make tons of gold going through ZG and AQ20 as a DK tank). That's because that stuff had real repercussions for the current generation of content.

While I do agree that it kind of cheapens the game if you're able to solo what once took 40 people hundreds of collective hours to take down, it doesn't make sense for Blizzard to hamstring the progression of their game for the sake of certain classes being able to trivialize old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    There are some fights which will probably never be soloable, Twin Emps for example is Vanilla content which I am pretty positive cannot be soloed even today.

TLK would depend on what Valk/Defile/Shambling AI works like if you engaged him solo. It would be pretty hard to solo your way there anyway, I believe the lootship guns don't scale with gear, hence you wouldn't be able to beat even that fight, you might not even be able to make it past Marrowgar. There are fights in Vanilla (Hakkar for example) where the AI bugs out if you solo engage, making 1 person have an easier fight than 2 or 3. BC represents a change in the way raids were designed. It's pretty trivial to solo most of AQ 20 or ZG, but soloing Opera in Kara is essentially impossible (at least for red riding hood). To be honest I doubt you will be able to do TLK 25 with fewer than 4 players no matter how high the level cap goes.

One more thing, unless we see our stats growing by orders of magnitude in every expansion only a few classes would have a hope of ever soloing BT. I've been through there recently, you still need someone to lock down Circle of Healing on council. Soloing Supremus would be pretty awesome I admit.
    Last edited by Fornaw; 2010-06-29 at 04:02 AM.

You will never be able to solo Lk if they remove cleanses from everyone but healers.

Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care about people soloing old raid content. If anything I imagine they might be happy that somehow some people are still getting enjoyment out of the, for the most part, obsolete content. In fact the only real change to old world raids that they've made that I'm aware of is nerfing the amount of gold that old world raid bosses dropped (back when you could make tons of gold going through ZG and AQ20 as a DK tank). That's because that stuff had real repercussions for the current generation of content.

While I do agree that it kind of cheapens the game if you're able to solo what once took 40 people hundreds of collective hours to take down, it doesn't make sense for Blizzard to hamstring the progression of their game for the sake of certain classes being able to trivialize old content.
    Completely agree. I mean, they don't care now why would they care in the future? Plus, we are two expansions ahead of level 60 content now and no one can still solo MC, BWL, AQ40, or any of the other original high-end content so I don't think we will be able to solo the Lich King in two or three expansions anyways.
    Last edited by AdamsGaming; 2010-06-29 at 04:04 AM.

you guys are overlooking a major factor here. wow is upgrading to lvl 85 and where are our characters going? why they are going back to where it all started in vanilla. will AQ20/40 even exist after the great divide? in the next expansion whos to say that a dimension will implode spraying debris into outlands destroying BT, but bringing in a new raid or instance. i highly doubt they will keep such old content just to sit there and eat up server space.

basically when we get to the point that we could solo LK 25, i don't think the encounter will even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsGaming View Post
    Completely agree. I mean, they don't care now why would they care in the future? Plus, we are two expansions ahead of level 60 content now and no one can still solo MC, BWL, AQ40, or any of the other original high-end content so I don't think we will be able to solo the Lich King in two or three expansions anyways.
    Plenty of people can solo MC, Paladins and DKs are especially proficient at it, but I have heard of other classes making successful runs at many bosses. I'd be willing to bet a Paladin has soloed BWL as well. Chromaggus would stop many classes, but I think a Pally could handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsGaming View Post
    Um, i hate to say it, but a well geared paladin or DK can fairly easily solo MC (and i am pretty sure a properly specced warlock could make a decent run at it also), and I dont immagine it would be terribly difficult to 2 or 3 man BWL with the right comp.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2010-06-29 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089 View Post
    You will never be able to solo Lk if they remove cleanses from everyone but healers.
    There's no magic to dispel anywhere in that fight. Several non-healing specs will be able to remove diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    1st: are you talking about lvl 85 greens?
    2nd: no blizz will not make us gods. that would make the game dull when you can 1 shot every boss by yourself.
    3rd and last: lvl 100 will prolly be the cap of all time. After that it gets ridiculous.
    I can already nearly one-shot any vanilla boss by myself. To them, I am a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamster View Post
    you guys are overlooking a major factor here. wow is upgrading to lvl 85 and where are our characters going? why they are going back to where it all started in vanilla. will AQ20/40 even exist after the great divide? in the next expansion whos to say that a dimension will implode spraying debris into outlands destroying BT, but bringing in a new raid or instance. i highly doubt they will keep such old content just to sit there and eat up server space.

basically when we get to the point that we could solo LK 25, i don't think the encounter will even exist.
    And I very much doubt this. They've already said they are not removing MC with the next expansion, and that is the most obvious raid to remove with Cataclysm.

shadowmourne isnt replaced till lvl 85 and it is replaced with an epic not a green or a blue... in stats and damage wise but top end damage it is replaced at lvl 83 with a green.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.