New unholy/frost spec not pushing enough dps

So I just did icc 10 hc today, dps was far bellow frost (not a surprise) , I was kinda hoping this new sub frost spec would be some nice improvement since all unholy DK are using it atm, I keep doing flawless rotations, but to me this spec is a dead end, unlike frost I can't seem to push it to the max, spec is just plain boring to play, after this you may ask why going for it then ? Well it's simple, I'm getting shadowmourn soon and want to be prepared for it, ready to push the max, but with this spec, it all seems so un-attractive
    Old unholy/blood with reaping was fine, this new one is just, not delivering ...
    Anyone sharing same thoughts ?
    I just see soooo many people playing it, do you really like it compared to the old blood subspec ?
    Last edited by revodka; 2010-06-29 at 04:50 AM.

I don't play my DK as much as I used to (guild has to many atm) but maybe its more item wise dependent? Maybe RNG sucks for you?

i tried 0/17/54 once...didnt like it at all...ye u push nice dps but for me the spec is totally uncontrollable....i dont like specs where u can PURE FACEROLL ur keyboard and still do awesome dps....for example at LK heroic the other dk in my guild had hes (pay attention here)... DnD on top of hes most dmg abilities....imagine how aweosome hes rotation is...ye i have my diseases and wandering plague on top too(zomg adds) but atleast im still usin my FULL rotation(replacin on of the blood strikes with pestilence once and with one blood boil at the repeat) with 14/0/57 atleast i have control on what my charr is doin...with 17/54 u can just install OmniCC or somethin similar and just smash what is not on cooldown...its AWESOME...

I have played DW frost since last patch and recently got back to Unholy and I really think its quite fun.

The difference in playstyle between 0/17/54 & 17/0/54 is minimal and to say that 14/0/57 has more "control" is just wrong imo and if you do awesome DPS farerolling your DPS would be insane if you played the spec. right.

But back to the topic, If you are used to play frost and got back to unholy you probably are pushing a litte bit lower DPS (depends on weapons etc) but you probably will change your mind as soon as you get you SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge View Post
    I have played DW frost since last patch and recently got back to Unholy and I really think its quite fun.

The difference in playstyle between 0/17/54 & 17/0/54 is minimal and to say that 14/0/57 has more "control" is just wrong imo and if you do awesome DPS farerolling your DPS would be insane if you played the spec. right.

But back to the topic, If you are used to play frost and got back to unholy you probably are pushing a litte bit lower DPS (depends on weapons etc) but you probably will change your mind as soon as you get you SM.
    Agree with this post, OP you are rusty with unholy at the moment, try to perfect the NEW rotation on a target dummy for 10 minutes or something, so that it becomes a second nature again.

I have the same problem, I am used to frost and top meters with it. But when I switch to a 0/17/54 I do less dps than I should optimally do, this is because I haven't raided alot with UH for over two months, which will influence your skill with it.

Hmm, doesn't the frost-subspec only pull ahead of blood-subspec with specific weapons? It certainly should for shadowmourne, and I believe it does for byrntoll - however if you're currently using shadow's edge then it might not.

I'm going off

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u...neralized_Spec

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    Hmm, doesn't the frost-subspec only pull ahead of blood-subspec with specific weapons? It certainly should for shadowmourne, and I believe it does for byrntoll - however if you're currently using shadow's edge then it might not.

I'm going off

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u...neralized_Spec
    this is totally right. my dk is only frost sub specced because hes using bryntroll. it's kinda hard to have in generalized like that but i think if you do not have a proc based weapon you are better of with a blood sub spec (just like the EJ thrad tells you )

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
    this is totally right. my dk is only frost sub specced because hes using bryntroll. it's kinda hard to have in generalized like that but i think if you do not have a proc based weapon you are better of with a blood sub spec (just like the EJ thrad tells you )
    This is totally not right, you should always sim to see which one is better. If he is about to get a Shadowmourne, I am 99.6% sure he has the gear to use a frost subspec without a proc weapon.

And common, if you have a blood subspec with reaping...is that THAT much more fun to play? They're almost identical. Do as another poster suggested and practice on a dummy. Run until bone shield falls off or something. Then do it again.

Dk forums are funny to read.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I would love to find two nice 1h weapons so I could go back to DW frost, unfortunately, Blizzard has made it nearly impossible for a DK to acquire a decent 1h dps weapon these days. They are extremely rare drops from only a couple bosses in ICC and are usually rolled on by huntards. .. so sadly, I'm stuck playing boring ass Unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Dk forums are funny to read.
    /agree
    OT, practice practice practice!