Thread: Deadwind Pass

Deadwind Pass

What was the purpose for Deadwind Pass in Vanilla WoW?

Lore.

There was a quest or two... and It was basicly just a Lore referance.. You couldn't enter Karazahn, and Morgan's Plot wasn't even there. It was for lack of other purposes, a conecter zone for Swam of Sorrows and the Blasted Lands. Ofc, When Burning Crusade came out. Karazahn 10 player raid instance was added.

I miss that place
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    - Remember STV? People had to go to the same netural camps to get quests... shit was serious -

Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    Lore.
    Basically this and a connector zone for Swamp of Sorrows and Duskwood.

I wasn't however around in Vanilla and id be interested to know if Karazhan (the building not raid) was actually there.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    Basically this and a connector zone for Swamp of Sorrows and Duskwood.

I wasn't however around in Vanilla and id be interested to know if Karazhan (the building not raid) was actually there.
    Karazhan was there, but I don't know if it was the same version that's there today. I remember Atiesh had a use that created a portal there even in vanilla.

Karazhan as a dungeon was supposed to come out in vanilla Wow.

Karazhan was there, but a lot more different than it is today, I believe you can find a video on Youtube with a Mage blinking through the invisible wall to explore the inside of the old Karazhan.

Lore, and to get me killed via fall damage >.<

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosa View Post
    Karazhan was there, but I don't know if it was the same version that's there today. I remember Atiesh had a use that created a portal there even in vanilla.
    Damn i love that staff, never had it though... we just started raiding naxx40 when bc and other stuff tore apart guilds on our server... .

yes i know it does not have a lot of features (visuals like lightning or other stuff) or looks very spectacular but i think it looks way better then nearly every WotLK-Gear and for me/also some other lore-geeks it looks just great!

i think it was almost the same btw, just the buildings around were different (no underground-stuff) but i will have to go search for some old screens. i will post them if i don't forget/still have them.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!