Thread: Deadwind Pass

Deadwind Pass

What was the purpose for Deadwind Pass in Vanilla WoW?

There was a quest or two... and It was basicly just a Lore referance.. You couldn't enter Karazahn, and Morgan's Plot wasn't even there. It was for lack of other purposes, a conecter zone for Swam of Sorrows and the Blasted Lands. Ofc, When Burning Crusade came out. Karazahn 10 player raid instance was added.

I miss that place
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    Lore.
    Basically this and a connector zone for Swamp of Sorrows and Duskwood.

I wasn't however around in Vanilla and id be interested to know if Karazhan (the building not raid) was actually there.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    Basically this and a connector zone for Swamp of Sorrows and Duskwood.

I wasn't however around in Vanilla and id be interested to know if Karazhan (the building not raid) was actually there.
    Karazhan was there, but I don't know if it was the same version that's there today. I remember Atiesh had a use that created a portal there even in vanilla.

Deleted
    Karazhan as a dungeon was supposed to come out in vanilla Wow.

Karazhan was there, but a lot more different than it is today, I believe you can find a video on Youtube with a Mage blinking through the invisible wall to explore the inside of the old Karazhan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lore, and to get me killed via fall damage >.<

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosa View Post
    Karazhan was there, but I don't know if it was the same version that's there today. I remember Atiesh had a use that created a portal there even in vanilla.
    Damn i love that staff, never had it though... we just started raiding naxx40 when bc and other stuff tore apart guilds on our server... .

yes i know it does not have a lot of features (visuals like lightning or other stuff) or looks very spectacular but i think it looks way better then nearly every WotLK-Gear and for me/also some other lore-geeks it looks just great!

i think it was almost the same btw, just the buildings around were different (no underground-stuff) but i will have to go search for some old screens. i will post them if i don't forget/still have them.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!