The touch, the feel, of warriors...

When I think of a warrior, I see his role to swing hard and stop people from hurting the squish in the back row.
    Maybe switching up the weapons and crushing something.

Mostly I understand prot and fury PVPPPPPPPP

but arms is somewhere else, not in between anymore.
    How u feel about, the FEELING of arms.

i swear to fucking god, you derail this topic and im gonna stone cold stone you.

10+ Year Old Account
    =oooooo swearing!!!

Arms is actually kind of good looking for PVP. Smacking people with one big weapon instead of two weapons, meaning you can get better swings and wont have as much trouble moving them, if you want logic about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope by stone cold stone you mean take me to get cold stone icecream...I will take cookies n' cream.

But seriously more on topic I don't get why you think arms isn't warrior enough? Because they don't have two huge two handers? I bet if fury still used two 1 handers you would still feel warriorish with 1 two hander. Arms to me is less swing wildly and often so you connect a bunch like fury but more like when you do swing you make it count and hit in weaker spots. At least that is how I see it. Yes arms feels warriorish.

When you hear that smack-sploosh when you proc Deep Wounds again and the splatsh from Rend I have to admit, it sounds warrior'ish.

arms = pvp. fury = pve. prot = tank.
    [

Only one person understood this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahon View Post
    I really hope by stone cold stone you mean take me to get cold stone icecream...I will take cookies n' cream.

But seriously more on topic I don't get why you think arms isn't warrior enough? Because they don't have two huge two handers? I bet if fury still used two 1 handers you would still feel warriorish with 1 two hander. Arms to me is less swing wildly and often so you connect a bunch like fury but more like when you do swing you make it count and hit in weaker spots. At least that is how I see it. Yes arms feels warriorish.
    I meant stone cold stun, professional wrestling.

But fury is about throwing everything you have, at the guy infront of you. Idc about weapons being big or small...even though my Frost giants cleaver is bigger than my Oxheart ( ._.)

Its just arms feels like being the butt of a Conan insult.

Slow swings, weaker swings, and TONS of scratching.
    One bleed that did a lot of dmg? I would be ok with that...but multiple bleed effects that tick for like..1/2 a dmg.

Arms is like quintessential soldier, he's there in the front line(wherever that may be in WoW) kicking ass and taking names, he kills his enemies with efficiency, not swinging wildly a bunch of logs like a fury warrior would, and he can defend himself with his sword, trough his training, and doesn't need a shield.

Ingame now arms feels weak, I love pvp and quite enjoyed arena whenever I played, but the other classes atm have left the warriors behind, and the tricks some ppl used to pull to outsmart noobs don't work so well anymore since kiting a warrior is common knowledge. I am also a great fan of ganking and I often do gank outside ICC, and have been ganking with my raiding characters since the start of WOTLK, earning a bit over 10k world only kills, and I can say that arms is weak for ganking, probably weakest spec I know for it, fury feels alot more natural, and in pve gear 1v1 if you got a pvp trinket and Heroic Fury you are God. Maybe Cataclysm will change things for the better, but I am still pretty skeptic I would want to pvp seriously as Arms then.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Arms is fun for raiding and decent for pvp, but I think the spec I enjoy the best for both concepts of the game...raiding and pvp....PROT FTW!!! lol

Personally, I love the feel of arms. I have been raiding as an arms warrior for the majority of my WoW time (almost 6 years now). I dabbled in fury and even prot, but arms was always my favorite spec to go.
    I guess it's because I like the fact of one giant weapon, and it takes slightly more skill to play than a fury warrior in pve.

The Fury Specc for Warrior feels a lot like the Barbarian from other games, especially since, you know, they're based on Fury.

Arms on the other hand, at least for me, represents the other type of warrior, the skilled, Weaponmaster-y type of warrior that utilizes teqhnique and skill over brute force.

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps this will help you better visualize the 'intent' of each spec:

Protection - Teutonic knight in heavy armor carrying a shield. Combat style emphasizes maintaining a strong defense to create an opening in which to launch a quick attack.

Fury - Nordic berserker, a crazed fighter whose style of combat focuses on overpowering his opponent by wildly swinging his weapons with as much force as possible.

Arms - Samurai warrior, a highly disciplined warrior that uses powerful, yet highly accurate strikes to end a battle as quickly as possible, either by incapacitating his opponent, or by killing him outright.

Playing arms warrior is like chess - very powerful if you think ahead and counter enemy tactics, but vulnerable if you don't.

sure got pretentious in this thread fast.

To me, prot and arms are more quintessential warrior specs; fury feels more like a barbarian. When I think of a warrior I think of the scene in 300 when he's asking the other army what their professions are (steel worker, carpenter etc.) When he turns to his army, what is their job? Soldier. They are masters of combat, not some lunatic on a Rampage swinging his weapons around in a Flurry (points for that one).

And if (some of) you think that arms PvP is weak these days... well then you're probably running around with a skull-clad cleaver or oxheart as mentioned above. Warrior PvP is very much alive, and very...VERY scary when geared appropriately and paired with a dedicated pocket healer (or two).

If you're not fortunate enough to have 5/5 wrathful gear and ICC ArP offset gear, then role a protection warrior. The versatility and stun/silence abilities they have are invaluable when used properly. Were they nerfed? Yes. Are they still very strong when played correctly? Yes.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...leeding+Hollow

Balls Deep!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I PvP as prot, bb pesky rogues, bb mages, bb all of ya! if u can play Prot PvP well, you are a GOD! if you know the tricks and tatics of prot too, its insane, ive gotten the VH hc block trick, along side DW, with full fury PvE gear EXCEPT 2 set prot t10, 29k critted with shield slam.

Arms is abit, meh, ive never been much of the single 2h'r, ofc if u can play it good, i just like the defenciveness of prot, if ur ina bad position u can do alot oto fight it off.

Fury, it just has to be PvE, i love it in pve, it is horrible in pvp, i rape all fury warrs in pvp, like everyone else does.

In prot pvp, i have 48% armor pen, in full resi geaqr, 33%, with my pve setup for them mega crits, arround 98%, (88% out of battle stance)
    Last edited by SilenceDHEU; 2010-06-30 at 03:08 PM.