Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenpatato View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...est-Technology

There's already a thread about this, please use this one instead.
    This.

Also: This is already in-game. As mentioned, it's the same idea as the quest chains like the ones with Archmage Vargoth's staff and the ability to give a player a quest automatically is used with Halls of Reflection, so the functionality was added in 3.3 already. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

It is not the ability to never speak to a quest NPC again. It is more about automatically getting additional quests in the field so you don't have to talk to Quest NPC A, travel to Cave B, kill everything in Cave B, discover something interesting in Cave B, return to Quest NPC A, return to Cave B, kill everything in Cave B again, and fight the boss in Cave B. Instead, you'll get the quest to kill the boss when you're already in the back room of Cave B.

I dont see how this would work if they added this, most of the quests you give in, give you another quest to move onto another area, how is this helping new players who dont know where to advance too next?

Quote Originally Posted by PJfry View Post
    IDK if this is old news but I just heard about some new feature getting introduced in cata that automatically hands in any quest you complete without having to run back to the quest-giver.
    On the face of it this just looks good; less hassle, streamlining questing. But this seems to be cropping up more and more when Blizz releases new features, everything is getting really hands off now.
    The features we have at the moment (the LFD tool and the BG equivalent) have pretty much killed off WoW as a 'world' experience for me (I don't know about you). I'm just queueing up and sitting around, so that when I log on now I really have to try hard to find a reason to leave org. What with flying mounts becoming useable in azeroth when cata hits as well -meaning we'll be zipping way over everything - I can't help thinking that we wont be seeing much of Wow anymore, except the inside of instances and main cities.
    It is kind of a pain having to traipse about everywhere doing quests, and it used to be when running to an instance with the rest of your group, but the journey was what made WoW fun for me. It's a proper world, not just A to B. So getting lost and getting into fights and stuff with my friends was what the game was about.
    Been thinking about this for a while and I just wanted to know if anyone else thought the same way?
    well said, so qft.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    When one thing is changed, other things related to it change to have it make sense or to work out better. Once it's added I'll probably love it. Thinking of it right now does not put a decent picture in my head because all I've ever seen is start at point A, do this at point B, go back to point A, then go to point C, then back to point A and so on and so fourth. I am having trouble imagining how we will get our quest rewards while still in the field lile...do we get weapons and gold randomly poofed into our inventories?

Just have to wait and see. It may seem like a bad or confusing idea now, but once it's added and we get used to it I'm sure it will be accepted fine.

what next, will you not have to go to the questgiver, you can just pick up all the quests in the zone the second you walk in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about new content and exploration if wow to you is all about grinding and running places you shouldve jumped ship after vanilla besides for high level players flying mounts would have acheived much the same effect.

please stop with this (fill in the blank is killing wow) posts like this blizzard is trying to make your life easier so you and others can truly enjoy the rest of wows features without burning yourself out on the grind.

Most of you guys lack imagination and common sense to a degree that isn't even funny anymore. Good thing they don't let everyone become a surgeon or pilot.