PvP Gear Past furious

So getting ready to do my honor grind to get my pvp critchicken set, and since I've never done PvP past doing a few BG's to get gems, had a few questions about the higher tiers of gear:

*I know you can get relentless gear off Koralon 25 and Wrathful Gear off Toravon 25 and I'll be trying for that every week. Also, I realize you can spend frost badges to get Relentless gear, but I'm a pve player first and foremost, and mah kitty spec needs some love from t10 yet.

I believe all of the Relentless Set Gear requires arena points to purchase, and the offsets just require extra honor. To get into buying the relentless gear, I'm assuming you have to do arenas (well, I suppose that you could just wait a LONG time to save up from doing a daily each day). Do all arenas reward points (2s, 3s, and 5s)?

The wrathful gear takes rating, I had been told that only 5's rating applied, but the person who told me wasn't sure.

In addition: to those pieces which require a rating, is it possible to just, say, join a guildies arena team, buy the thing and leave the team?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 3s or 5s and it's personal and team rating, not just team rating. In other words,

"is it possible to just, say, join a guildies arena team, buy the thing and leave the team?" No.

Relentless can be bought with a reduced arena point cost + honor or Frost Emblems. No rating.

Wrathful can be bought with only Arena Point. Requires a rating. Personal and Team.

2s, 3s and 5s give you points. However only the one that would give you the highest amount of points based on your rating is awarded.

No you cannot join a team, buy and leave. It requires a personal rating.

~~~~~~~~~Wrex | Ele/Reso| Pseudonym | Executus-US~~~~~~~~~

As far as I remember

Wrathful offset (Boots/Belt) require rating, bracers/cloak/neck/ring I don't believe have any.
    Relentless offset (all honor)

There's no point in really buying relentless gear unless you have extra badges. If you're have decent at arena, and don't have a terrible comp, you can easily get to 1500 and pick up a few pieces.

You can get them in any bracket, however shoulders are only available in 3's and 5's with a 2000 rating.

No you cannot join a team with such rating, as it is personal rating only. You have to play with the team until such rating is achieved.