Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I hope there's a couple.

I've always loved the story of the Titans and the Old Gods and the area in Darkshore of the fallen one has always intrigued me. Cataclysm looks like it should reveal a lot about the Titans and Old Gods and personally, I cannot wait!

Two things.

1.) WOW I think Darkside has an old god thread detector

2.) Does anyone else thing the harolds/heralds should have the accent of a new york plumber.

"Ey ow yoo do in. My name's harold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post
    Two things.

1.) WOW I think Darkside has an old god thread detector

2.) Does anyone else thing the harolds/heralds should have the accent of a new york plumber.

"Ey ow yoo do in. My name's harold.
    Actualy, thats currently disabled untill further notice, so i have to sift through them manualy

I'm actually counting 3.

-There's the Faceless ones in the Abyssal Maw.

-Chu'gall rezzed C'thun, and since Chu'gall is playing a part in this expansion, so might C'thun.

-There's also the Old God that corrupted Deathwing. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that this Old God might show up except for this one picture posted on the Grim Batol Cataclysm page that shows a red version on General Vezax. Here is a link because I don't know how to thumbnail:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../june/ss44.jpg

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: According to the post below me and some research that I did after reading said comment, it appears that I was a bit off. There was no single Old God that corrupted Deathwing, but a combination of Old Gods working together achieve freedom. With this being said, still be aware that there is Faceless One presence In Grim Batol. Their job there and which Old God they are connected to is currently unknown.
    Last edited by Thorzon; 2010-06-30 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a combination of old gods corrupting deathwing. One of them was yogg-sauron, confirmed in the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It was a combination of old gods corrupting deathwing. One of them was yogg-sauron, confirmed in the encounter.
    I went ahead and edited my post to fix my error. Thanks for the correction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    not exactly. It could have been implying that since it was on yoggs territory, he could see what was going on, as what all the others deal with aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    since uldum is currently only a five man and i have seen the titan bosses for it i believe that the only old god will be in the abyssal maw. I also believe it is the one eyed octopus thing model boub posted before the nda. I have seen a video of its in game size and it is huge easily rivaling the full size of deathwings current model.

How to explain the multiple models with different colors? Most likely a fight mechanic with the color indicating damage type or weakness within phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhvGdFN89oU&hd=1

What/who do you think that is?

15+ Year Old Account
    oh hold on, i got one you guys will love
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VHf0ak6rU

---------- Post added 2010-06-30 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hezron View Post
    Spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhvGdFN89oU&hd=1

What/who do you think that is?
    This is the pre-emerged form of the twilight highlands old god.

From what im seeing we may see the Old God that created the Naga, wether its the Maelstrom Old God or not.

With the addition of Gilgoblins who seem to be alignd with the minions of Old Gods, I can bet they wer just Goblins changed to live underwater like the naga, maybe put in some info on the sea vrykule who i also think are changed by Old God influeance.

But that doesnt mean we will fight/kill him though just see him or get a hint hint message, be more logical to fight him when we kill Azshara.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellidor View Post
    Ok, as we all know there most likely will be atleast 1 Old God in Cataclysm for Uldum.

But what about the faceless ones in Abysall Maw?? Weren't faceless ones linked to old gods in wrath?
    I don't think we'll see any Old Gods in Cataclysm. We'll definitely see their influence in the form of Azshara and the faceless ones but I doubt we'll be fighting one.

I think we will most likely fight the Old God under the sea in the same expansion as we fight Azshara.

An Old God in Cataclysm will surely take away from Deathwing's importance seeing as we know that Deathwing is under their influence. Fighting Deathwing would seem meaningless if we've already defeated his "master" or corrupter. Blizzard knows this.

GOM strikes wif perfik grammer once agen, eat your heart out Dark Side... literally. I am coming to to rip your heart out of your chest and eat it.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-07-01 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VHf0ak6rU[/url
    Wow that video pissed me off. After he fell into the water the dumb ass looked away. I was seriously screaming "LOOK AT WHAT THE TENTACLES BELONG TO" at my computer screen.

Nonetheless awesome. Though I think that is more likely to be a Kraken or something. We all thought Yogg was going to be brought back in ICC in one way or another because of his "undead tentacles", which was actually just a mutated Putricide. So it likely that that is a sea creature, not an old god.

Now the other vid...that's just awesome. I wonder what its body will look like?

C'thun returns "cho'gal = no brainer" and didn't they say in cho'gals raid that there was an optional old god fight?

so if thats true, then we can expect to see C'thun return!!!

in the comics I hear C'thun takes control of Cho'gal's body or some crap

---------- Post added 2010-07-01 at 02:17 AM ----------

also I think the second old god will be in the ocean raid place

---------- Post added 2010-07-01 at 02:19 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VHf0ak6rU

---------- Post added 2010-06-30 at 07:57 PM ----------

This is the pre-emerged form of the twilight highlands old god.
    hmm but ain't twilight highlands a pvp zone? i am probably wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malygos The Spellweaver View Post
    Wow that video pissed me off. After he fell into the water the dumb ass looked away. I was seriously screaming "LOOK AT WHAT THE TENTACLES BELONG TO" at my computer screen.

Nonetheless awesome. Though I think that is more likely to be a Kraken or something. We all thought Yogg was going to be brought back in ICC in one way or another because of his "undead tentacles", which was actually just a mutated Putricide. So it likely that that is a sea creature, not an old god.

Now the other vid...that's just awesome. I wonder what its body will look like?
    Your Kraken is at 2:40
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Ell6mm66M

That's really cool...

That's really cool...
    dito

15+ Year Old Account
    That's really cool...
    I wasnt in the alpha, and i didnt go to wowleaks, but the info always seemed to find its way to me. You are all in for a very interesting quest involving cho'gall in Feralas, and he looks quite normal as har as ogres go. No cho'thun there

and here you can see the Herald of the Old Gods Soggoth the Slitherer, so to say the faceless model is a universal old god creation, but the quiraji are a C'thun specific model
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2010-07-01 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought the new faceless ones were just squid people for the abyssal maw xD
    edit: ok i didn't see that picture sry
    Last edited by Boloney; 2010-07-01 at 03:35 AM.

I wasnt in the alpha, and i didnt go to wowleaks, but the info always seemed to find its way to me. You are all in for a very interesting quest involving cho'gall in Feralas, and he looks quite normal as har as ogres go. No cho'thun there

and here you can see the Herald of the Old Gods Soggoth the Slitherer, so to say the faceless model is a universal old god creation, but the quiraji are a C'thun specific model
    Image isn't working :/

Do you have a link for the Cho'gall quest stuff? In fact, if you have any old god related info in Cata, I'd be very grateful if you directed us toward it. Old Gods and such are my favorite part of Warcraft lore.