Wink World of Warcraft Headset

I was wondering who else owns the World of Warcraft branded Sound Blaster Headset, and what you thought about them so far? I just got my own today, and I'm playing around with the THX settings. How do you have yours setup?

Last edited by spacechicken_bh; 2010-06-29 at 08:20 PM.

Proud Officer of Gwen Stefani on the Blackhand-US Realm

What makes them different from regular headsets?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    What makes them different from regular headsets?
    Silly effects and WoW logo.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well so far it seems like there are a plethora of options that comes with the audio panel download for it. The biggest attraction for me was the wireless capability, although it doesn't look too terrible. A bit "plasticy" but solid overall feel for it. It definitely stands out when you're wearing them though with the glowing horde/alliance insignias, which you can also customize in the panel. I haven't even touched the Game Audio or Key Bindings tabs yet.

From what I've heard it has mediocre sound and mic quality and poor durability. Apparently a lot break within a month.

Just to update, I already returned them due to poor mic quality over ventrilo. I had a bunch of people complain to me about static/muffled sound. I tried updating the firmware from Creative's website but it didn't fix the issue. I now have the Tritton AX Pro headset and I sound perfectly clear again in vent. Better luck to other WoW headset buyers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Overpriced POS, IMHO.

First rule of thumb, never buy World of Warcraft branded ANYTHING. It's like the kiss of death.

Second, never count on Creative Lab drivers to be worth a damn. Creative is NOTORIOUS for releasing buggy, broken drivers; and that's if they even update their drivers at all.

I personally recommend the Logitech G35 : http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...s/devices/5095

I use it myself, and the sound and mic quality is superb. The G-buttons on the side aren't all that useful as PTT buttons, but they work fine for controlling programs like Winamp/Vent/iTunes/etc.

Also, though I haven't used it myself, I'd be willing to bet that the Razer Megalodon is a good choice as well: http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35096300 .

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Overpriced POS, IMHO.

First rule of thumb, never buy World of Warcraft branded ANYTHING. It's like the kiss of death.

Second, never count on Creative Lab drivers to be worth a damn. Creative is NOTORIOUS for releasing buggy, broken drivers; and that's if they even update their drivers at all.

I personally recommend the Logitech G35 : http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...s/devices/5095

I use it myself, and the sound and mic quality is superb. The G-buttons on the side aren't all that useful as PTT buttons, but they work fine for controlling programs like Winamp/Vent/iTunes/etc.

Also, though I haven't used it myself, I'd be willing to bet that the Razer Megalodon is a good choice as well: http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35096300 .
    those things are so ridiculusly expensive....i have a €25 headset that has a crystal clear mic and sound and costs and weighs 1/6 of those bulky things

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iokau View Post
    From what I've heard it has mediocre sound and mic quality and poor durability. Apparently a lot break within a month.
    I've heard exactly the opposite. Reviews I've seen state that the sound is good, the mic is clear, and the range on the receiver is long. I haven't heard anything on durability, though.