Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is the heroic version even available from release ?

You prob can only do normal this week which means 629618946182 guilds kill it and nobody will ever know who was actually first

Any particular reason only US and EU regions should get a head start? I thought it had to be applied in the asian regions, too, before Ruby Sanctum was released?

LOL, like 90% of the organized guilds that walk into RS are going to clear it. It's not exactly hard stuff.

Who cares about World First on filler content.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    man this is awful news cuz i cant play ><

I don't geht it. I thought Blizz wanted to open the Sanctum simultaneously on US and EU realms to avoid the QQ. about the world first?

and yet us eu players are left in the dark. We allways come last like where 3rd class, allthough there more players in the eu then the us.

Come on blizz, why cant u wait for the eu relmes come bk and then open RS, so we all get a chance at the same time. Wonder if the US will get the beta 1st as well.

EDIT: ummm the eu forums are down as well, maybe blizz dont want loads of spam of people moaning about it

10+ Year Old Account
    no fair, means that in order to get server first on mannoroth, ill have to wake up at 3 in the morning. this is bullshit

My guild and I are attempting heroic 10 man right now. Is this a bug? Or are we supposed to be able to do heroic before normal?

I love they decide to delay it.. But 12 hours before its going live on EU servers they activate it.. :S Why not wait for that extra 12 hours and get everyone to start at the same time?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    I love they decide to delay it.. But 12 hours before its going live on EU servers they activate it.. :S Why not wait for that extra 12 hours and get everyone to start at the same time?..
    I agreed with Blizzard's decision to delay Ruby Sanctum for the EU players, too. But sheesh, bad enough to open it prematurely when a bunch of US servers (mine included) are on extended maintenance, but just as the EU is entering its own maintenance doesn't help the company out either. The blue post is clearly a fail attempt at damage control.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2010-06-29 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

From world first to a day late loot is the same, fights are the same, loading screen is the same ... It's the same thing o.O

Are people in THAT big of a hurry to get bored of new content? I never understood why world firsts are such a big deal ... Offer a cash prize, then it'll mean something.

Well played blizzard, well played.
    New raid launched with 74 servers offline.
    Every time I think they've done it all, they top themselves.
    /tipofthehat(e)

Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    no fair, means that in order to get server first on mannoroth, ill have to wake up at 3 in the morning. this is bullshit

yeah its sucks. my guild is in the same boat :P

Lol, this is silly. I don't care one bit about world first, but wasn't Blizzard trying really hard to make sure everyone got RS at the same time? And now, not only does the EU not get it, but a large number of U.S. serves have to wait, too. Not that I care much, it's just very ironic and makes very little sense on their end.

VIGIL IS LIVE STREAMING HALION HEROIC xfire name wonderjoe EMBED IT INTO YOUR POST FOR EVERYONE TO WATCH!

I remember flaming here about world first LK 25 normal kill.

Now looking back at the day, knowing that Arthas was not tested on PTR and taking into account Blizzard's promise "to monitor each and every guild's attempt at the ICC final boss" - how stupid one must be to think that someone would knowingly exploit a bug by using saronite bombs

Blizzard, you cannot even press one button to make RS available at the same moment, from this it can be deducted that you cannot distinguish between elbow and a,,e.

Halion has been slayed in 25man normal mode, 01:40 Paris time this appeared on wowprogress.com, the guild that got credit is called Valence,
    11/12 ICC25hc guild, so it can't be that hard.
    This still leaves the real "world-first" which is for heroic mode.
    According to some random posters from US servers, they can already start progressing on the heroic mode without killing him normal first,
    so we should soon see a real world first, if the difficulty has not been seriously changed.

And for all the QQ, done is done, there are a million comments just like yours and blizzard can't undo any of their mistakes, just act more mature than you think they did.

lol fail.

Ok blizzard, since you can't figure it out, here is what you need to do. You don't delay it and try to open on all realms and fail horribly. Its a dumb idea anyways, helloooo time zones.

NO. What you do is you mark the world first as the amount of time after the server was OPENED. Not absolute time across all areas. So if you open a day late on some servers, yet the guilds there down it faster from the time the server opened, they get the world first.

Of course,you don't give the achievement the instant a group downs it, you can't. But that should be ok with how srs bzns people get about this sort of thing.

Half of the US servers were on a 24 hour maint. today.

I'm well aware this doesn't affect me in the slightest, and I'm not REALLY angry about it like the way I'm about to phrase this will make it sound like, but.... what? What the hell was the point of delaying it for simultaneous release if you're going to do it on a day with preplanned extended maintenance for a third of the servers? The way I construed it was that that whole thing was to preemptively silence the World First Semantic Qualification Brigade, and if heroic mode really is available as someone said above, then doing it today completely negated that intention to the point of pointlessness.