10+ Year Old Account

Item Levels in Cataclysm.

According to the previous post that Blizzard has made by bringing back the old nostalgia feeling of epic to the gear in Cata. Just wondering if the gear levels of cata are going to balanced or outrageous like wrath of the lich king.

To those who don't understand what I am saying, I will be using examples from Vanilla, Burning Crusade and the current expansion Wrath of the Lich King.

Please note that I could be wrong here, so correct my information if you. Please and Thank You. Also would've posted on the blue notes but had no idea .

Vanilla

Epics: Tier 1 - Teir 3: Gear Level 60 - (approx. 88) Gear Level 90.

The Burning Crusade:

Epics: Tier 4 - Tier 6: Gear Level 110 (Guessing, probably could be wrong) - Gear Level 164.

Wrath of the Lich King

Epics: Tier 7 - Tier 10: Gear Level 200 - 284 (THAT IS A HUGE JUMP!!! Difference is 84 (WOTLK) from 54 (TBC) from 30 (VANILLA)).

If you have figured out what i have been saying according to this horrible.... something.... You might also be thinking about what Blizzard is going to do about the gear levels.

NOTE: This is just a thought to be considered. Or you could ask Blizzard(Ghostcrawler) yourself and get the answers Do the work for me

You can only speculate. While some of us know, the NDA prevents us from telling you anything.

I do believe blizzard said that they are not going to have a high Ilvl increase this time, as they even admitted they made mistakes with the Ilvl increases in WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    But I wanna boost my GS!!!!!111one!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think they expected such a huge jump in Ilvls.
    They experimented and tried out new things, like hardmodes and heroic gear. Suddenly, we had 4 different tiers in the same tier! (10/25 normal/hc)

As i said, they experimented a lot in this expansion. Hopefully, they learned and gained some experience from it. Experience that will prove usefull in Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by RoknarKorgath View Post
    But I wanna boost my GS!!!!!111one!!
    I feel something weird... my blood is boiling!
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2010-06-30 at 06:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, it might go down. Or stay the same. All we can do is speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    You can only speculate. While some of us know, the NDA prevents us from telling you anything.
    Oh man, Tier 13 is already available on the Alpha...

Wait, you can't read can you? OP isn't asking what level T11 will be, he's wondering what the gap from T11 to deathwing drops will be.

If you can remember this blue cloak with 1300stam, you can imagine the Ilvl.

the quests greens at lvl 80 are around level 270 i think

Wait till Release of cata or become a crew so you can find out.
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

I think more interesting... will be stats inflation. For instance 1% hit at lvl 80 needing a litle over 26 hit rating.

Imagine what it will be in Cataclysm at 85... Heck it may even be as high as 6X the amount of rating required to get 1%.

Kinda makes all those "I'm gonna raid in my T10 gear" seem pretty silly. If you had 1/6 of your hit rating, 1/6 of your haste, 1/6 of your crit....
    not to mention not having any mastery rating.
    Of course we'll have to see what the inflation "really" is, but I do believe that this time around.. the goal IS to make even the best geared raiders.. (and especially them) regear and farm a raiding set. This is another way of them gating the content and keeping them from plowing to endgame so fast and start QQ'ing about not enough content.

I'm cool with that... I really enjoy the challeneg of the encounter... but realistically I KNOW that we're not going to get any "more" of them.. if anything less and spread out over a longer period of time... BUT,, I DO love gearing... and chekcing one piece of gear over another... if this time around it starts in the Heroics with blues... I'm fine with that.

As far as Blizzard's "Epics will feel epic" statement, I feel that they just mean epics will be few and far between outside of raiding and rated PvP. Right now you can get a full set of decent epics by never stepping foot inside a raid or rated PvP match. I think that will change come Cata. That's what I get out of them saying "Heroic -> Blue Gear and Raid -> Purple Gear" at least. Do heroics and you'll be in blues, do raids (and rated PvP), and you'll be in purpz.

As far as the difference in ilvls, Blizz stated months and months ago it got wayyyy out of control in WotLK becuase they changed the raiding\heroic bosses mechanic halfway through, adding an additional tier to T9 and T10. It should have went

T7 10m 200
    T7 25m 213
    T8 10m 219
    T8 25m 226
    T9 10m 232
    T9 25m 245
    T10 10m 251
    T10 25m 258

But instead they added those additional tiers, top end T10 ended at 277. They admit they did that wrong. Should be better come Cata.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Lets just say you have to grind Heroics to be able to enter Raids ;P
    Yes, that means you will be switching out your sweet sweet epics in 1-3 lvls

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Epics: Tier 7 - Tier 10: Gear Level 200 - 284 (THAT IS A HUGE JUMP!!! Difference is 84 (WOTLK) from 54 (TBC) from 30 (VANILLA)).
    Not such a huge jump if you look at the percentage increase. Which is what you should do.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who are thinking that you will only be able to get epics through raiding, I disagree. You will only be able to get epics through raiding .. until they release the next Tier.

When a new tier of raiding gear is released or a new PvP season begins, your higher tier of points will be converted into the lower tier. For instance, if a new tier of raid gear is released, your Valor points will be converted to Hero points, and similarly if a new PvP season begins your Conquest points will be converted to Honor points. Of course that means with these new releases you'll always begin without any of the higher tier of points, and thus be unable to stockpile them.
    Source >>http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24401796793&sid=1<<

Just as the current implimentation of the game allows players to farm heroics for T9 gear with T10 requiring raids, the same is going to apply to Cata. Now this wont really have any affect as long as there is only one Tier released. Come 4.1 however everything will be shifted down, and epics will be purchasable via heroics. Perhaps they will only sell non-set peices, but some epics will be purchasable none the less. If you believe that people who don't raid will only be able to equip one or two epics with the rest being rare gear .. sorry but I'm fairly sure that the ship on that has sailed.

I've seen some things. I've seen what I think is the starting ilvl for level 81 (crafted) blues, and what could be the equivalent of (crafted) ilvl 200 now... but they are pretty far apart and considerably higher than what they are now. I think it will be somewhere between TBC and WotLK.

Hopefully that doesn't get me banned...

But anyway, WotLK was so far out of whack because, apparently, they didn't anticipate the need for higher ilvls for heroic/hardmodes. With each tier having at least three item levels, it goes up pretty quickly.

Since there won't be a difference between 10 and 25, you'll (likely) only have two ilvls per tier. One for normal raids, and one for heroic raids. It should keep the inflaction down a little bit.
    Last edited by snowblind; 2010-06-30 at 09:08 PM. Reason: didn't finish a sentence

10+ Year Old Account
    will be over 9000 jk

who knows except those in alpha and beta not going to matter much anyways. Dont be suprised if they increase drastically or continue on as a usual. it could go either way.

Well, the craftable 85 epics are 359, so if they do the same thing that they did in Wrath, Tier-11 content will start at 359.

Some of the Vashj'ir quest rewards greens have an iLevel of 300. And thats a level 78+ quest area