Gotta keep em Seperated?

Does anyone else feel there is no longer a reason to classify players as Hardcore or Casual?

The game has been changed to the point that pretty much so everyone has the same play experience.

I personally think it's a good thing.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Thought this was another Halion Down thread.

yeah but "hardcore" players get bored of a raid like 2 weeks after it comes out, since they clear it so fast, and the casual raider clears it but not as fast. so they would both eventually be at the same point and would experience the same gameplay. where i am going with this i do not know.

I'm pretty sure there are still people that don't raid. so

I love the fact that I can only raid 2-3 nights a week and still have the same chance at clearing stuff. If wow requried as much time as it did when it first launched, to be successful, it would have failed during BC.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

They killed the line between hardcore and casuals/scrubs when they introduced zone wide buffs on both Normal AND heroic modes. Heroics were meant to be for the Hardcore right?....No. In most guilds I've seen they wait and say we'll just do this boss on normal mode and wait for the next buff till we try again on hardmode, it destroys the concept of gearcheck bosses and raiding in general. Its the RAIDERS responsibility to get themselves geared, proper buffs, pots, gems, rotation, glyphs, talents, all that shit. It shouldn't have EVER been dependent on boss nerfs(lolYogg/LK) or buffs which come every other week.

Thus fuck PvE going back to PvP, if they put this zone buff shit back into Cataclysm for the baddies going to fuck WoW go back to FPS.

I came here expecting the song, i am now dissapoint.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Casuals work on normal modes.
    Hardcore work on heroic/hard modes.

Hey, man you talkin' back to me?

Take 'em out...
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Does anyone else feel there is no longer a reason to classify players as Hardcore or Casual?

The game has been changed to the point that pretty much so everyone has the same play experience.

I personally think it's a good thing.
    I disagree. I consider myself casual and far from hardcore. I raid on occasion and sometimes I go weeks without renewing my subscription and I have yet to do more than the first 7 bosses. On the other hand I have a RL friend who has killed every boss on normal and heroic 10 and 25 modes. Now, is there a reason to classify people? I don't know, but I do know there are classifications and one person can definitely have a different play experience than another person who plays a lot more.
    I don't do anything half assed, I use both cheeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use Offspring for anything short of epic!

Anyways, why wouldn't it? You'll always know who are the hardcores and you are the casuals, the distinction is made through accomplishments rather than gear, but the gap is still there.

WoW was the "care-bear" MMO when it came out. It was never hardcore.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    WoW was the "care-bear" MMO when it came out. It was never hardcore.
    The OP never talked about the game being hardcore, he was talking about players and how they play the game. (People who keep it simple and don't play a lot and people who take the game very seriously and like to down bosses fast and do achievements etc)
    I don't do anything half assed, I use both cheeks.

Deleted
    I like it, I rarely have time to raid anymore, but luckily my guild always has a load of alts going spare to raid with when i can raid one night but no normal raids are planned.

Gives me a chance to see the content. Back when in vanilla, i used to have alot more time to raid so it wasn't too bad but these days I'd get no-where without that buff speeding me through.

Last edited by Shullski; 2010-06-30 at 01:58 AM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVrpQ-orss

Quote Originally Posted by FHNNNG View Post
    They killed the line between hardcore and casuals/scrubs when they introduced zone wide buffs on both Normal AND heroic modes. Heroics were meant to be for the Hardcore right?....No. In most guilds I've seen they wait and say we'll just do this boss on normal mode and wait for the next buff till we try again on hardmode, it destroys the concept of gearcheck bosses and raiding in general. Its the RAIDERS responsibility to get themselves geared, proper buffs, pots, gems, rotation, glyphs, talents, all that shit. It shouldn't have EVER been dependent on boss nerfs(lolYogg/LK) or buffs which come every other week.

Thus fuck PvE going back to PvP, if they put this zone buff shit back into Cataclysm for the baddies going to fuck WoW go back to FPS.
    You sound really intelligent, considering about 5 or 6 bosses in Vanilla were never killed before Blizzard nerfed them, and at least 2 from BC that I recall, with one that some guilds managed to get LUCKY and kill, but shouldn't have been able to because they were stupidly overtuned/bugged. Stop acting like anything in WotLK is really new.

if you classify different commitments between the too, then yes there is a difference.

Things i've observed:

the hardcore player reads forums and posts to best improve his character.
    the truly casual player rarely visits forums, and only logs into wow.

the hardcore player does everything to min/max his potential.
    the casual player is okay with cutting corners to save gold

the hardcore player shows to scheduled raid nights each night, and makes time for raids
    the casual player will skip out with little to no notice for something more interesting

the hardcore player takes bosses seriously, because his enjoyment comes from progression
    the casual player just wants to have fun playing the game

the hardcore player can be asked to watch tank spot vids and research boss fights
    the casual player isn't likely to watch just the video

to be honest the time commitment could be exactly the same for each player, its just what they do with that time and how they approach the game. (while the causal is on facebook, the hardcore is on mmo-champ or EJ)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
    I would of been disappointed if it was the song. Well, more disappointed.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.