Thread: The ART Thread!

The ART Thread!

What artwork do you find interesting to you? What inspires you?
    What art do you find yourself doing? What do you envision the future of art will become?

What do you want art to become in result of the impact of the technological singularity and what do you plan on doing with it 5, 10, 25, 50 100 years from now? A subject I think passionately about. What the singularity will do to the art world depends on what us as individuals strive for, and what scientists are able to find and create.
    This can be music, 2d or 3d artwork that either you created or created by someone else, a friend, a celebrity or professional. Can be fan art based.

To those new to MMO-Champion, to link a piece of artwork you like/love click the "Insert Image" should be the tiny picture of a tree next to the film option, the tiny tree picture is 3d icon to your right, and go to you image and left click and hit "copy image URL" important you hit copy URL image rather than copy image and paste into your "Insert Image".

If you did not create the piece of artwork, please give credit out of respect.

Some of my artwork:

http://xsereneix.deviantart.com/gallery/

The artists who inspired me since I was 12 years of age. of Albert Bierstadt. (not my work below)
    A few of his works:
    http://www.albertbierstadt.org/

Space art examples that inspired me (not my work below) http://www.novaspaceart.com/Original...oll/Brown.html

As for the future of the arts.
    I do not see art becoming more degenerate. When people think of today's art. they think of modern art, abstract without thought or effort, not beautiful etc. But I see quite the reverse, I see a divide splitting, and diversity being explored through computer generated arts combined and without traditional mediums. This medium has allowed ever more individuals to explore the arts who otherwise would had not had the courage. With the help of the internet and a digital option in art, we see increased self expressionism, strengthening of bonds between citizens despite being thousands of kilometers away, and mixing and exchanges in ideas.

As for the future, predicting is no easy task, but we can speculate and make educated guesses based on current projecturies.
    The future of the arts approaching and post technological singularity. "The technological singularity, or simply the singularity, is a theoretical moment in time when artificial intelligence will have progressed to the point of a greater-than-human intelligence that will "radically change human civilization, and perhaps even human nature itself." When humanity merges with machine intelligence many years into the future, we would become far smarter, better at memory than we ever had. Imagine being a a many magnitudes times as intelligent as you are right now. As of now it is rather difficult to comprehend what a being with an IQ of 10^22 would think. Once we merge and become far more intelligent, it will be up future of ourselves to utilize ever more intelligent methods to increase our intelligence even more, and why stop there? Lets keep increasing our potential. We will call this the intelligence explosion. Sooner or later, we will know what's like to be incredibly intelligent when we become. When will this happen? the merging of machines and the human brain? No one knows for sure simply cause we have not reverse engineered the brain, but estimates range from 32 to 100+ years into the future before we merge with artificial intelligence and greatly enhance our own intellectual and memory capacities. Ray Kurzweil has his estimate around the middle of the 21st century which seems to be the most credible estimate, considering his expertise and past accurate predictions.

By looking at current trends and the goals, what the scientists are working on, we can make somewhat accurate predictions of the next few decades. Ray Kurzweil has made a number of accurate predictions which turn out to be true such as to what tech we would be using by the 2000s, when will a computer be able to beat a chess champ at chess. One writer before the 1900s was able to make a pretty accurate description of life in Paris in the 1960s by interviewing top scientists. So predicting the future of technology and culture is not impractical.

A radical new method of art creation:
    Thought/memory/dream photography. What if we could photograph your thoughts rather than you taking 20 hours to put it on paper? Instead we photograph your thoughts, now with the idea on say photoshop cs 18 you may even be able to edit, paint in photoshop using your thoughts. You want to create a style, say Romanticism or classical style art for your fictional sci-fi world? Just browse a few examples of the style, and apply the style to you composition using your vision. Such technology would almost definitely transform the arts just as the introduction of the computer and the camera has transformed the arts. It will also resurrect the old master styles such as classical, neo-classical, romanticism and many more. The "quality" of the artist will nolonger be based as much as it is today as to how well he can put a brush on a canvas or the computer, but will be based more heavily on his or her vision.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...es-dreams.html Discusses in greater detail as to what they are developing in terms of "thought/mind/memory/dream photography".

The benefits of the post technological singularity. When humanity finally merges with artificial intelligence and start upgrading our intellect massively within the art world is that it will greatly enhance the clarity, quality, quantity and diversity of creation. Creating glorious paintings, music, and scenes in no more than a few seconds. Concepts, ideas, visions that even today's most brilliant minds could have never thought of. Recalling ideas and thoughts in full detail. As the intelligence explosion continues with the merging and enhancing of artificial intelligence with humanity, we will reach a point at which we can think up an entire star system, all the planets, life forms, plant life in a vivid super realistic light no more than a few chronological seconds, and place those thoughts and visions virtual reality world. A place of our creation and a place to be, to fully emerge yourself in your own art in a literal sense.

Considering the theoretical limits of a "cold" 1 KG computer that computes using the nano scale, with atoms is about 10^27 bits carrying out 10^42 calculations a second vs 10^31 bit 5*10^50 CPS for a very "hot" computer which may use a huge amount of energy. Using the 10^42 CPS low energy computer, virtual realities could be quite vast, detailed and incredibly realistic. To truly appreciate how vast a number 10^42 is, that is more than sufficient enough processing power to simulate all of humanity through a 10,000 year history in tiny fraction of a micro-second. For practical use for artistic reasons, such a computer could give us the ability to create thousands if not millions of realistic fully immersible star system, all which is packed into a device that weights less than your fist. And this is with the nano-scale.

There holds the potential possibility of computing using the Femto, 10^-15 of a meter scale, using subatomic particals as Ray Kurzweil explains , which may further expand practical and theoretical limits far beyond 10^42 CPS. As for merging artificial intelligence with our brains, that may take far more than simply processing power or having a high CPS. Although having very high processing power will significantly enhance our future mechanical brains.

Re-engineering the brain will definitely take some time to figure out considering the entire complexity of the brain and human consciousness. (there currently is no scientific consensus on human consciousness as to what it is) but here we are, after billions of years of evolution we are conscious, there is a method of how human consciousness is created. Scientists are looking for answers to all these things: what is consciousness, how can we manipulate the brain, and whether or not gradual integration with mechanical parts while maintaining our own consciousness is practical. When they find the answers, they could lead to gradual integration with mechanical parts, and/or upgrading our biological brains, which would vastly increase our mental capacities.

Many of these ideas were inspired by Ray Kurzweil "Singularity is Near" 2005 combined with the trends of future industries and what science is being conducted today, and where that may lead to.
    Last edited by Alasuya; 2013-10-16 at 12:16 AM.

Wow your stuff is really cool. I'd probly have a couple of them as desktop backgrounds if I could (the plant one expecially)

High Overlord
    Very nice work! you're very talented. I do a bit of composing and may reach out to you later should I need some work for a cover/package. You can check out my work @ www.bonixmusic.com. I currently do all the graphics myself for my libraries. I have a lot of fun creating, although it may not be the highest quality, it is very satisfying!

I could definitely see you getting some work for various projects with your skill sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Wow your stuff is really cool. I'd probly have a couple of them as desktop backgrounds if I could (the plant one expecially)
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bit View Post
    Very nice work! you're very talented. I do a bit of composing and may reach out to you later should I need some work for a cover/package. You can check out my work @ www.bonixmusic.com. I currently do all the graphics myself for my libraries. I have a lot of fun creating, although it may not be the highest quality, it is very satisfying!

I could definitely see you getting some work for various projects with your skill sets.
    Well set up website, And sure I can help.
    Last edited by Alasuya; 2013-10-15 at 11:46 PM.

Your stuff looks really neat! Especially like the "Through the Rings of an Alien Giant"-piece on your DA.

I used to do space-themed digital art a lot when I was younger... But now when my "hobby" became a job (workings as a Graphics Designer) I rarely do any artsy stuff on my free time as it just feels like I use all of my creative energy at work or during freelance projects

Here's some of my really really old stuff: http://xxcorexx.deviantart.com/gallery/
    All the space-scenes are 100% made in photoshop, no stock-images used. Hand-crafted everything from the planet to the stars :P (the maelstrom one is an exception for the rocks at the front).

Mind you that stuff is ancient. Made it years before I even got to work as a designer... I've improved a whole lot since then, hopefully at least

I know digital Photoshop-art has nothing on traditional art or actually just digitally PAINTING something without the use of tools but hey, it's something :P

I will admit your art is very impressive, I can tell you're particularly inspired by space (fair enough, there's plenty to be inspired by out there) but you lost me once you started talking about the future of arts. It's like reading a textbook where my brain just shuts off after reading a few paragraphs.

I was never a huge art person. I can admire it, but certainly not analyze the inner meanings behind them and all that jazz.

Since I joined the brony community I regularly check out the fan art compilations. It's always interesting to see the variety of styles people use. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/1...stuff-961.html
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-10-24 at 03:44 AM.

my particular art form is woodworking. here's a project i made for my dad, not particularly artsy though.

it is a dough box, which at one time almost every house had, but has been pretty much forgotten now. they were used for storing flour, and the top served as a place to make bread and frequently doubled as a tray to take the loaves to the oven. i added hand forged (not by me) black iron hinges so it would be more useable as a chest. it's made from tiger maple, with 1 board sides, top, and bottom on a splayed tapered leg base. the whole thing is hand planed with a curved blade for texture

http://imgur.com/a/VsQl7
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I'm envious of the level of talent in the thread. I seriously wish that I could draw or create Art work as well as you guys, But sadly, I pour too much time into my own art form (Acting and Singing, along with teaching both).

To OP: Your concept of "The Ring Leader" is absolutely gorgeous. You're amazingly talented.

My favorite painting is Van Gogh's "Starry Night" http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalo...arry-Night.jpg. I know it's a little cliche, but I've always found this painting so serene. It takes me back to some very good memories of my childhood, gazing up at the night sky in wonder.

I'll grab some of my drawings to post here when I get home.
    Last edited by Aherooffools; 2013-10-24 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I will admit your art is very impressive, I can tell you're particularly inspired by space (fair enough, there's plenty to be inspired by out there) but you lost me once you started talking about the future of arts. It's like reading a textbook where my brain just shuts off after reading a few paragraphs.

I was never a huge art person. I can admire it, but certainly not analyze the inner meanings behind them and all that jazz.

Since I joined the brony community I regularly check out the fan art compilations. It's always interesting to see the variety of styles people use. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/1...stuff-961.html
    That's neat, I've never really seen bronies in 3D

- - - Updated - - -

My latest pieces:

- - - Updated - - -

recently gotten into Baroque architecture, Decided I am going to create a virtual city.

got some pretty bad ass ideas from it.
    Progress is rather.... Slow.

https://www.facebook.com/ernest.tang.796/photos
    Last edited by Alasuya; 2014-09-15 at 07:20 AM.

Are we allowed to share signature designs done in photoshop?

Id like for this to become a frequent thing where we can post recent/previous work and get some feedback.

By the way OP, that one work with earth and the roots (?) around it is fantastic. I always love manipulation works like that, almost reminds me of fantastic 4 when galactus was about to devour the earth.

Beautiful artwork, interesting thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rvillain View Post
    Are we allowed to share signature designs done in photoshop?

Id like for this to become a frequent thing where we can post recent/previous work and get some feedback.

By the way OP, that one work with earth and the roots (?) around it is fantastic. I always love manipulation works like that, almost reminds me of fantastic 4 when galactus was about to devour the earth.
    absolutely, I do no think the mods on these forums care. And my client gave me that idea =D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViveLaVie View Post
    Beautiful artwork, interesting thoughts
    thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Another piece to share.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    I'm envious of the level of talent in the thread. I seriously wish that I could draw or create Art work as well as you guys, But sadly, I pour too much time into my own art form (Acting and Singing, along with teaching both).

To OP: Your concept of "The Ring Leader" is absolutely gorgeous. You're amazingly talented.

My favorite painting is Van Gogh's "Starry Night" http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalo...arry-Night.jpg. I know it's a little cliche, but I've always found this painting so serene. It takes me back to some very good memories of my childhood, gazing up at the night sky in wonder.

I'll grab some of my drawings to post here when I get home.
    Singing and acting are art forms themselves. As for learning and drawing, I am currently setting up youtube tutorials to share =). In addition, I do have some tutorials to how I create my stuff on my DA. http://elitanna.deviantart.com/gallery/39264623/TUTORIALS