Battlemasters are most useless people in bgs

I said it. As I farm out the last 9 achieves I need for battlemaster I can't help but notice how useless I am being, and how many matches myself and friends have cost our team by going for these achieves.

Battlemaster is really nothing more than a title that says, "I completely disregarded how to win in this bg, in order to get this title." I laugh everytime someone says that the title shows how well someone knows the bg scene.

at least you admit it. hunters are useless too, they just try to farm gys for 71 levels

I was always a little tickled that people with Battlemaster think it's some big deal. It's time consuming and involves luck, but not that much skill. Not saying it's a stupid title or a title that you should look down on, but it doesn't make you special either.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

I think it makes you special. It's not easy by any means, especially if you are on a piss server/battlegroup. Taking 690 AVs to win your 100 and that being your GOOD BG just insane. Of course, as OP said, in getting some of these achievements, you are completely ignoring your team. But really, you are sorta helping them. Disarming bombs, returning flags, capping graveyards (even snowfall... oops).

Even more useless than the sheep who leave bases unattended? Or the people who never call anything out?

Or what about the afk'ers/bots?

No. I'd rather have 100% wannabe Battlemasters in my group than a bunch of sheep any day.

I don't think 'Battlemaster' is the problem, I think it's the way people go after it. If you are a usual bg player and over time acquire the achievements required to be a battlemaster, then it's pretty cool. If you go about it by disregarding team effort, then you are the one who is the problem. If you were not going about this achievement in that way, it would be something else - maybe some other achievement.

So basically, what I'm saying is I think the problem are the people, not the achievement itself.

Although some of the acheivments do require you to disregard how to win the BG, many help it significantly. such as that 1 to defend loads of bases in AB. Or the 1 to rturn 5 flags in WSG, can you honestly say those arnt useful?

I partially agree with you on the grounds that I probably cost my team a win or two as I failed at coming back from 500 points in AB. Three of us queued together and basically sabotaged our team by defending bases until we were the only defenders left, then just leaving it wide open. After we fell back 500 we didn't have enough time to bring it back to a win.

However, most of the achievements don't hurt the team much and I'd definitely rather have a battlemaster than a random joe on my team. You don't see hardy any bad battlemasters, even if they were a little distracted.

Some of the most fun I've had in bgs lately has been the kill 5 flag carriers in eots achievement. I've helped a few buddies get this and it can be hilarious. Our method includes getting the flag and bringing it to a small horde group. You drop it and flounder around until they grab it. Then you obviously explode them and move on to the next victim. It gets funny what some players think they can escape with and also it's really funny when the enemy learns and either doesn't pick it up or runs away early without the flag. We would usually get a deathgrip in to pull them back to it and/or keep moving the flag to right in front of them.

Its definitely silly that Blizzard makes us go out of our way to not help our teammates in order to gain these rewards.

That said, with nothing better to do and having gotten sick of the same grind in battlegrounds, going after those achievements does add something new and even more enjoyable to PvP.

I also agree that not all of the achievements lead to this and some do help further one's motivation to helping out the team. That said, a lot Battlemasters I see are battleground heroes that join in with a zerg and farm hks and killing blows while leaving bases undefended and the like very similar to the 'bads' and 'newbs' they were probably ragging on and calling out when they were trying to get that achievement.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2010-06-30 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

all these achivement have make your retard and you make my day everytime i read your post, continue to QQ for battlemaster that is a bullshit achivement RNG fail ty

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Although some of the acheivments do require you to disregard how to win the BG, many help it significantly. such as that 1 to defend loads of bases in AB. Or the 1 to rturn 5 flags in WSG, can you honestly say those arnt useful?
    The one with defending bases is one of those achievments who let you disregard how to win the BG, as you have to let the opposite faction to tap the flag first. If you really defend the don't tap and you don't get the achievment. You'll get the achievment with hiding somewhere (maybe goldmine at the roof) wating for the opposite faction to tap then kill them an tap back.