WoW headest pointless?

Wow! Blizzard released a new World of Warcraft Headset to enhance gaming! They even made it more lazy for gamers and made the tap chat! This seems like a really good idea, I mean who doesn't love to chat with their friends while gaming?

The only problem for me is, Blizzard basically has no software to use for this.

I mean seriously, if you release a World of Warcraft Headset at least have a decent voice chat program in-game. They're selling everyone a headset that they can't even use well without downloading Ventrilo or Teamspeak. I'm just hoping that Blizzard will improve their implemented Voice program in game during the new expansion. Because I for one think the headset is totally useless because people aren't even going to use it for World of Warcraft, instead they are going to use it for Ventrilo.

Is it really that hard to make something simple like Ventrilo? I mean yeah, Blizzard is busy working on the expansion so on and so on, but come on. A voice program for World of Warcraft, a DECENT one at that, should have been released a long time ago. Instead we got this built in Voice Chat shit that has no maintenance and was completely given up on as soon as it was released. Come on Blizzard we're all waiting for some decent in-game Voice Chat program that we don't have to pay to host for anymore!

Exchange Blizzard with Creative in your post and suddenly it doesn't make much sense.

Yes, Creative made that headset, not Blizzard.

They can't even keep the servers running when applying a new patch, voice chat would only further the problem. Ventrilo is cheap enough to be completely viable. What exactly do you find wrong with using ventrilo?

WoW already has voice chat

Jah Jah Jah Jah

The in game voice chat that wow has is not bad at all. The reason why people use vent is because it has so much more control, such as not needing to be in a party to chat. As far as raiding is concerned, the in game chat is fine.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Because downloading ventrilo is difficult. right?

Cheers for another pointless topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowing View Post
    Blizzard basically has no software to use for this.

I mean seriously, if you release a World of Warcraft Headset at least have a decent voice chat program in-game.

Is it really that hard to make something simple like Ventrilo?
    Hello my friend. May I introduce you to... Voice Chat?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...voicechat.html

I dont blame you if you havent heard of it, its relatively new, only been in the game for i dunno.. a few years..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    The reason why people use vent is because it has so much more control, such as not needing to be in a party to chat
    Untrue, simply /join [nameofchatchannel]
    Go to Chat Pane, and right click on the chatchannel you have joined to enable voice chat.
    Last edited by Sinope777; 2010-06-30 at 04:55 AM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by Knowing View Post
    Instead we got this built in Voice Chat shit that has no maintenance and was completely given up on as soon as it was released.
    I know that there is built in Voice Chat. My main argument is that a World of Warcraft headset just in general is pointless. Sure downloading Ventrilo is easy but something should already be built in. The Voice Chat may be half decent at best, but if Blizzard can make an awesome MMORPG, I do not doubt that they cannot make a great Voice Chat too. One that most people will use instead of Ventrilo.

So.. what your bitching about is... that for some reason you have not explained, the in-game voice chat sucks. they have a great voice chat, its not hard to /join channels, has nearly as much control as ventrillo, you can /ban /mute people if your a moderator in your channel or creater of it, the only MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS ABOUT THE WHOLE G'DAMN IN-GAME VOICE CHAT, is that NO ONE pays additional monthly fees for it!? and there is no cap to the amount of people in the channel, (Can you see the sarcasm?)

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose every headset is pointless because it doesn't come with a program to use it with.

fail thread is fail? its a headset blizzard put out for you to use. obv they know a good majority of players use teamspeak and ventrillo because the ingame one is just meh and doesnt sound as good. and as far as laziness with the foot pedal it just makes it better for raiding and pvp. i cant be pressing a button to talk and dps or pwn horde while holding down a button in my case its ctrl so trying to do ctrl and 1 for my action bar doesnt work. so the pedal to talk is really nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    This post is easily dismissible as idiotic babbling and uniformed assumptions and information.

Blizzard did not make the headset, Creative did, it is not a Blizzard made item, it is a licensed product.

They are not forcing you to use the in-game chat to use the headset, and it will still be able to play sounds outside of game, on *any* type of computer, AND many countless programs and correct me if I am wrong since it's not USB you could use it on mobile and MP3 devices or non-computer devices.

Not to mention the WoW in-game chat was NEVER meant to compete with Ventrillo, but as a supplement to the game to those who did not want to pay. It is a FREE service (or inclusive service) and the quality is fine for what it's worth, not like they are charging us extra for the service and it sucks.

That all being said, you're an idiot, and hey who knows possibly one day with the many new Battle.net upgrades they are making they will add a full force high quality voice chat into the mix, would make sense, and would be cool.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I suppose every headset is pointless because it doesn't come with a program to use it with.
    This.

All it is a headset with a World of Warcraft brand on it. It's nice. Worth the money? probably not.

The foot pedal is nice for tanks/healz and some dps classes to be able to work without having to sacrifice the hand movement away from an ability that could screw up the raid/arena team

Is it for every player? No. It's for those extremists that calculate how to play to the highest degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    This post is easily dismissible as idiotic babbling and uniformed assumptions and information.

Blizzard did not make the headset, Creative did, it is not a Blizzard made item, it is a licensed product.

They are not forcing you to use the in-game chat to use the headset, and it will still be able to play sounds outside of game, on *any* type of computer, AND many countless programs and correct me if I am wrong since it's not USB you could use it on mobile and MP3 devices or non-computer devices.

Not to mention the WoW in-game chat was NEVER meant to compete with Ventrillo, but as a supplement to the game to those who did not want to pay. It is a FREE service (or inclusive service) and the quality is fine for what it's worth, not like they are charging us extra for the service and it sucks.

That all being said, you're an idiot, and hey who knows possibly one day with the many new Battle.net upgrades they are making they will add a full force high quality voice chat into the mix, would make sense, and would be cool.
    I sort of feel like you're a babbling idiot yourself, no offense.

I never said they were forcing us to use it for in-game or for any purpose. I was saying that releasing a headset built FOR world of warcraft, as one would think if it's licensed FOR world of warcraft, is just useless.

I also never claimed that in-game chat was meant to match with ventrillo, I said that I would like a BETTER voice chat program for WoW. I feel like this one, although has captured the basics, has a lot more work to be usable for raids, or the game at all for that matter.

You're just taking my post and implying that I mean something when I really don't.

And to personally attack someone for their opinion is definitely not a good trait to be carrying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why was it "built" for WoW? Perhaps with the game in mind (but that can apply to ANY Game), but never FOR the game itself. Just because it has the Alliance Lion and the Horde doodad on it doesn't mean it was built for the game. A licensed Hello Kitty headset is not built for anything Hello Kitty really, but is just a stylistic piece of equipment. It does not have any features exclusive to in game, does it? You claim it "pointless" and "useless" even, but why is it so pointless and useless? It serves it's function perfectly fine. Many people like WoW Swag, this is just another piece, and another way to blizzard to get their name out there, not to mention it might be "cool". It is all a matter of opinion. It's not like it doesn't work out of game, or doesn't work as a headset. Most people use Ventrillo for WoW, so by extension, despite it not being the in game voice chat, the headset bought by the majority of buyers will still be using it for WoW.

Overpriced? Perhaps. Pointless/Useless? Not at all, it serves it's purpose, it is a headset with a higher standard range.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

BOSE headset > Creative.

10+ Year Old Account
    this headset has actually been out for quite some time so do not act like it was just made

This seems to have nothing to the headset, The headset lets you use the in game sound and voice chat, that is its point. Your problem seems to be you don't like the in game voice chat which is in no way related to the headset.
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v