Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I know something that should be in Cataclysm: a spellchecker. Then people would know how to spell the word that has been said and seen hundreds of times in the last few months.
    Nah blizz is American so they would misspell words like Honour Valour Favourite etc. Perhaps an English/Merikan switch would be a better idea.

well the thing about this whole situation is the price of all their services. 25 dollars to transfer any character to another server(above lvl 10 i think). that is rediculous, because recently i leveled a character from 10 to 70 in 4 days(cal to arms and the summer buff). not even a quarter of a month has gone by, and i am already making a high level character for the regular price. 25 dollars is just crazy. the thing allowing all of this to happen is that wow has a monopoly on the MMO scene. runescape is horrible, age of conan is horrible...i dont have to go down the list to tell you all the horrible games because if they were good you wouldnt be paying for this one. im hoping starwars comes out and does a great job. not to kill wow, but to allow them to 'get the bets price' or be good to their customers for once. they dont have to lower the overpriced features while theres nothing to compare to if you threaten to leave and want the same experience.

you should agree with me if you have any logical thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    There are a series of problem with your posts.
    That does not even begin to describe this post.

too many people skipping around servers looking for server first achievs as is, this would be overkill

Quote Originally Posted by Laadeeda View Post
    it would be nice to be able to do instances / bgs with realid friends... that isnt asking far too much is it?
    this will eventually be a feature of battlenet, according to a blue post i read a couple weeks ago

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jereminion View Post
    well the thing about this whole situation is the price of all their services. 25 dollars to transfer any character to another server(above lvl 10 i think). that is rediculous, because recently i leveled a character from 10 to 70 in 4 days(cal to arms and the summer buff). not even a quarter of a month has gone by, and i am already making a high level character for the regular price. 25 dollars is just crazy. the thing allowing all of this to happen is that wow has a monopoly on the MMO scene. runescape is horrible, age of conan is horrible...i dont have to go down the list to tell you all the horrible games because if they were good you wouldnt be paying for this one. im hoping starwars comes out and does a great job. not to kill wow, but to allow them to 'get the bets price' or be good to their customers for once. they dont have to lower the overpriced features while theres nothing to compare to if you threaten to leave and want the same experience.

you should agree with me if you have any logical thoughts
    And lets not say logic in this thread ever again, thanks.

But you leveling toons in 4 days and wanting to play with a friend. What's the problem with leveling with a friend from 1-80, getting to 80, gearing up together, and raiding together.

i know that bli$$ard is a money hungry whore of a comperation and never give anything free like valve but i think it would be nice for once in their run(before wow dies to star wars) to do something for the players
    u seriously think wow is gonna die to star wars? you see i dont get that, why doesnt everybody think wow is going to die? are you afraid of wow dying? do u seriously think it will ever happen in the near future? do u seriously think people cant just play both? like maybe play ur stupid star wars game and then just log in to wow for raid times?

and for ur original idea

no

because u could easily just go to the server you want

talk to some person, get their real id email thing

make them a real id friend

and then get a free transfer

honestly dude, just save up some money and switch

not hard

go mow some lawns if ur too young to get a real job or something
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

no one is more undeserving of receiving my money than blizzard. putting expansion packs up for 40-60 dollars is a steal, 25 dollar transfers are a steal, name changes, RACE CHANGES!!!(stupid) are a steal.

they need to go find the diablo 2 development team, or go ask the guild wars developers(that games sucks) how to do a free server transfer with all of your characters in real time just with the players operation. sorry to say this kind of feature seems trivial in an mmo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Nah blizz is American so they would misspell words like Honour Valour Favourite etc. Perhaps an English/Merikan switch would be a better idea.
    Personally, I'm glad we have different spellings and grammatical structures. It makes English so variegated and interesting. The fact that you can't tell how a word is spelt just by listening to it makes our language that much more intriguing. When there are 15 possible ways to spell something it really does add to the whole milieu. Coupled with the fact that new words are introduced all the time and there are up to dozens of synonyms for some words, we really do have a fascinating language. The American vs RP argument is somewhat fallacious, but definitely bromidic when it comes down to it.

Also, you'll notice that there are some British spellings on words in the game (for example, Judgement). So we get the best of both worlds.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    i'm trying to give a source, but i can't remember if i saw this in a video or if it was the text interview, now i have to find it. but i know 100% that Tom Chilton is already looking into this.
    me too

15+ Year Old Account
    no one is more undeserving of receiving my money than blizzard. putting expansion packs up for 40-60 dollars is a steal, 25 dollar transfers are a steal, name changes, RACE CHANGES!!!(stupid) are a steal.

they need to go find the diablo 2 development team, or go ask the guild wars developers(that games sucks) how to do a free server transfer with all of your characters in real time just with the players operation. sorry to say this kind of feature seems trivial in an mmo.
    lol? Do you even know what "That's a steal" even means? I'm sure the word you're looking for is "a robbery". But again, you should of made the right decision in the first place, and if it's that big of a friend that you'll be playing with for more than a week or a month, then the 25 bucks would be worth it, as the 15 bucks is worth it every month, unless you have a problem paying for the game. Then I don't know what to do with you.

hello i have a suggestion for one thing that SHOULD be in cataclism because of the new features they are making all the time for you to be with your friends, and with the battle net new friend system.

havent you ever met someone in real life that said they play wow, but sure enough, they arent from your server. you should be able to transfer to their server for free if they are your real id friend.

my friend from school plays on durotan, my friend at work goes on illidan, and my cousin plays on some other server(he doesnt play a lot). when you are with your friends and family, you dont usually say 'hey do you play wow'? because if they dont, they will think you may be weird or a loser if they know what it is. but when you discover they play it, they are already 80 on their server and dont think its worth it to pay 25 dollars.(my cousin is making a character on my server but i just want to play with his high level character, so does he)

maybe there could be restrictions...or a timer...or make it so you cant remove real id friends(and theres a maximum). even though it seems like they just have to drag files to another folder, you have to pay for it. it should be free :P
    ...... If you have a friend from WORK you should be able to afford 25 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    lol? Do you even know what "That's a steal" even means? I'm sure the word you're looking for is "a robbery". But again, you should of made the right decision in the first place, and if it's that big of a friend that you'll be playing with for more than a week or a month, then the 25 bucks would be worth it, as the 15 bucks is worth it every month, unless you have a problem paying for the game. Then I don't know what to do with you.
    do you know what "commons ense" even means

10+ Year Old Account

OK. Expansions aren't $60, they are $40. All the other stuff, you DO NOT need to play, thats why they cost money. It requires paying a GM to do the transfer, when that money could be used to fix bugs/develop content etc. so they have to charge.

What does common sense have to do with his post? >.>
    Last edited by dranx; 2010-06-30 at 05:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tom Chilton (Ghostcrawler) already talked about this exact same thing in a video interview.

they're already looking into it.
    here: http://www.wowhead.com/blog=159586

<i>Malgayne: I had one question—only one person asked it, but I found it very moving so I'm repeating this one—Because you get all these questions about "What are you going to do about this?" "How are you going to implement—" etcetera. I'd like to know what you personally, as a gamer rather than as a Blizzard employee, would really like to see in the game.

Ghostcrawler: What would I really like to see in the game...

Malgayne: If you were sitting in this chair, what's the question you would most want to hear the answer to? *laughs*

Ghostcrawler: Most of the things I really want to see in the game, I try to get in the game, so...*laughs* Account level achievements is something I'd definitely like to see. I'd like there to be less of a barrier to entry for players, like—I had this experience a lot, even before I came to Blizzard. I'd be at a bar or something, talking about WoW, because I'm a geek and that's what I do, and some guy at the next table: "Oh, you play WoW? Awesome! What server—awww..."

Malgayne: "You mean you're Alliance? What?!"

Ghostcrawler: No, that's okay—but the like, "Hey, let's play sometime! Oh, we can't, because we're on different servers." I'm not gonna server transfer to play with this guy I just met, but having some way of being able to actually do that more often—like, a great example is, I can't play WoW with the guys I work with, because we all came from different guilds, we all have our group of friends and we never play with eachother. It would be great for there to be more accessibility there.

Quote Originally Posted by Laadeeda View Post
    it would be nice to be able to do instances / bgs with realid friends... that isnt asking far too much is it?
    Reroll or pay the $25 then, problem solved.

You can get from 1 - 80 within a week if you moderately try, even faster if you play lots and have your friend boost your character. This game really isn't hard to re-roll and get to max level. Or, if that's not good enough for you, fork out the $25.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I could sell you some for a shocking price of 25 bucks.

here: http://www.wowhead.com/blog=159586

<i>Malgayne: I had one question—only one person asked it, but I found it very moving so I'm repeating this one—Because you get all these questions about "What are you going to do about this?" "How are you going to implement—" etcetera. I'd like to know what you personally, as a gamer rather than as a Blizzard employee, would really like to see in the game.

Ghostcrawler: What would I really like to see in the game...

Malgayne: If you were sitting in this chair, what's the question you would most want to hear the answer to? *laughs*

Ghostcrawler: Most of the things I really want to see in the game, I try to get in the game, so...*laughs* Account level achievements is something I'd definitely like to see. I'd like there to be less of a barrier to entry for players, like—I had this experience a lot, even before I came to Blizzard. I'd be at a bar or something, talking about WoW, because I'm a geek and that's what I do, and some guy at the next table: "Oh, you play WoW? Awesome! What server—awww..."

Malgayne: "You mean you're Alliance? What?!"

Ghostcrawler: No, that's okay—but the like, "Hey, let's play sometime! Oh, we can't, because we're on different servers." I'm not gonna server transfer to play with this guy I just met, but having some way of being able to actually do that more often—like, a great example is, I can't play WoW with the guys I work with, because we all came from different guilds, we all have our group of friends and we never play with eachother. It would be great for there to be more accessibility there.
    well to everyone who thinks im crazy for suggetsing this u can just read this post. they are considering free transfers to play with friends

15+ Year Old Account
    Troll. Troll. Troll. Read his last few posts. He revealed his true colours. As if it wasn't obvious enough from the start. >.>

Saying that it is crazy to pay to play? That's what the entire game revolves around. Someone cannot be doing anything but trolling if they have a problem with the pay to play system. You have no right to complain about something you have chosen to do. Blizzard understand this; the posters at these forums understand this. Hell, everyone who plays the game understands that complaining about the cost of the game is like complaining that your right hand is the opposite of your left hand. o.O
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    well to everyone who thinks im crazy for suggetsing this u can just read this post. they are considering free transfers to play with friends
    "Malgayne: Yeah. Having random dungeons and such is one thing, but it really helps to be able to like, pick somebody—even from another server—to be able to play with.

Ghostcrawler: Right. There are a ton of problems with that—it breaks down the concept of a community, there's no reason to have a guild if you can just play with random people, there's no—notion of the "Server First" guy who got Shadowmourne or whatever, if everything's blended together, but...as a player, there's a lot I could see wanting to do that."

Is after those questions. So good luck actually getting it in-game.