10+ Year Old Account

Starting an alt have a question

I already bought the BoA chestpiece for my warlock I am going to be leveling and I am in a perdicament. Should I save for the BoA staff or get the spellpower trinket? Which one would be most beneficial?

* Turns out I had BoA shoulders so it is between those 2 now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I ended up buying the trinket since it is true you get those decently later in the game.
    Thank you all for the help.
    Last edited by Muraza; 2010-06-30 at 10:08 AM.

Shoulders, not only will they offer spell power and good stats but they will give you +10 exp.

The grind to 80 is torture enough as it is, get the shoulders for an extra 10% experience.

Although a weapon is a more crucial part of the gear set, you don't see trinkets early on in the game, let alone ones that are actually half-useful. I'd get the trinket first, but aim to get the staff asap.

Deleted
    staff.

Deleted
    Staff, definitely.

You have lifetap and drain life/standard HP regen for your mana regeneration, so the trinket proc is almost uneccesary, and the staff gives the biggest SP/crit bonus you can get before 60. Not to mention trinket become really easy to get in Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have made a poll really. Maybe I will.

Shoulders -> staff -> trinket imo

Quote Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
    Although a weapon is a more crucial part of the gear set, you don't see trinkets early on in the game, let alone ones that are actually half-useful. I'd get the trinket first, but aim to get the staff asap.
    I agree. I would get a trinket, then the weapon, then the second trinket. GL with your trip to 80.

Seeing how you already got the two experience-boosting pieces (which I would have recommended), the deciding factor will, in my opinion, be how often you're going to run dungeons (via LFD or other means, doesn't matter). You can get decent weapons from dungeons that can easily compete with the BoA staff at the time they're obtainable, but decent trinkets are hard to come by.
    Then again, with a difference of a mere 15 additional emblems for the weapon, I'd say go for it and try to slap a 30 spellpower enchant on it - you won't have to worry about a new weapon until you ding 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrocius View Post
    Shoulders -> staff -> trinket imo
    Do we all agree on this priority? Quote it if you do I would like to buy these items ASAP =p

Get the Shoulders and Chest fist of all (10% exp on etch = 20% more exp from everything you do)
    And if you feel like it get a staff and trinket
    Level to lvl 15, go dungeons until lvl 70 or so
    then you can do more dungeons or quest
    when you hit lvl 78 you can try to go some BGs if you get fast in and win it you can lvl from 78-80 fast
    If your team lose and it take some time before you get into a BG go back to questing or dungeons

Good luck and have fun
    Last edited by Tueland; 2010-06-30 at 10:08 AM.